Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I hope Bowles makes this an open competition. If Fitz is worth 12 million, he'll prove it in camp.

If not, I'm hoping that Bowles has a very short lease on Fitz. We can't afford to fall behind to 1-4 before making a change. I'm saying, if Fitz is struggling in week 3, lets see what Geno can do. 

IMO Todd Bowles next press conference is his most important of his life, IF he goes up there, and smiles, and joyfully talks about how happy he is to have his unquestioned starting QB back then I've lost faith in him.  Geno was there all offseason Fitz was not, and he should at the very least make it be known Fitz needs to work his ass off to reclaim the unquestioned starting QB gig even if it's Bull Sh!t, and Fitz is his guy no matter what, if he doesn't publicly state it that Fitz will have to prove he is ready to start for this team again he looks bad to me.  Handing him the job publicly AGAIN is the wrong move, and wrong message to the younger players who have been in the building working their tails off since April.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Cool. Now I can have grown men make petty, insecure remarks to me about being able to grow a beard during football season next summer too.

I can only grow a goatee.

Maybe not enough fiber in my diet?

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Mac caved on this one, that's alot of coin for a 1 year deal, 15m with incentives? with no other bidders in the room, I valued Fitz as a back up to teach Petty and Hack

You mean $12 million with $3 in incentives. Also, this makes Fitz the 21st ranked starter in pay out of 32 QB's. That's very reasonable.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Kinda feel bad for geno but pleanty happy for fitz.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If Geno is the better QB, he should take the job. If this HC/GM combo is not full of sh*t, they play the better guy regardless of salary. Seattle did it with Flynn/Wilson.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

If Geno is the better QB, he should take the job. If this HC/GM combo is not full of sh*t, they play the better guy regardless of salary. Seattle did it with Flynn/Wilson.

Geno should demand to be traded or released 

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah we will see when we are 1-5. This idiotic move seriously dampens my enthusiasm for this year, I will root for everyone including Fitz, but objectively I do not see how this ends other than terribly. 

And after 1-5 the Fitz led Jets will go like 7-3 vs the bottom feeders of the league, and all the Jets fans who blindly think Fitz is the answer will be clamoring for the Jets to resign him for 20 million per year, Bro, Bro, Bro he went 7-3 the last 10 games throwing 25 TD's in those 10 games he is awesome, something something beard, something something fitzmagic.  Such a terrible day in Jets history.

1 minute ago, afjetsfan said:

So we resign a QB to a modest salary that had the best performance in team history and some of us fans are upset????  Makes no sense.  

Do you care about personal records or winning , there's a big difference. 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

If that's some obscure beaver joke, you should know that beavers are fresh water creatures. Dunce.

I was at the beach the other day, there was beaver everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Great another year of unwatchable football with that goon under center.  Unfortunately for us Jets fans the Jets schedule will expose him for the fraud that he is, and this will make Macc look bad, and put a lot of pressure on Bowles when this team can't beat the good teams on the schedule early, and Bowles will have to make a decision whether to stick with the loser Fitz, or give the young Geno 1 last chance to prove, or disprove he has developed.  If Bowles keeps plugging Fitz in week after week with the Jets losing 5, or 6 of the first 7 games he should be fired IMO, but we will cross that bridge WHEN it comes.

I look forward to you not watching.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

IMO Todd Bowles next press conference is his most important of his life, IF he goes up there, and smiles, and joyfully talks about how happy he is to have his unquestioned starting QB back then I've lost faith in him.  Geno was there all offseason Fitz was not, and he should at the very least make it be known Fitz needs to work his ass off to reclaim the unquestioned starting QB gig even if it's Bull Sh!t, and Fitz is his guy no matter what, if he doesn't publicly state it that Fitz will have to prove he is ready to start for this team again he looks bad to me.  Handing him the job publicly AGAIN is the wrong move, and wrong message to the younger players who have been in the building working their tails off since April.

Well, if Bowles does go up there and name Fitz the unquestioned starter with a smile I guess we can also kiss Devin Smith's Jets career goodbye as well. 

But hey, for as long as Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker and Nick Mangold are happy who the heck cares? lol. 

Geno needs not to get upset here. Get Jalin Marshall, Charone Peake Robby Anderson and Kembrell Thompkins and keep sharpening the blade bro. This is nothing but an opportunity. 

Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You mean $12 million with $3 in incentives. Also, this makes Fitz the 21st ranked starter in pay out of 32 QB's. That's very reasonable.

It's even lower than that. Most of those other guys like Jameis and Mariota are on rookie contracts. The Jets saved 3 mil in guaranteed money from that 3-24 deal which Fitz wouldn't sign and the Jets moved off of only this afternoon. 

Archived