Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hrrrm.... i really thought we have a live shot at a top-3 pick with Geno and now we will never know.  We will be better with Fitz but not enough better I fear.

Now we will be 7-9 or some such.

Oh well

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, if Bowles does go up there and name Fitz the unquestioned starter with a smile I guess we can also kiss Devin Smith's Jets career goodbye as well. 

But hey, for as long as Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker and Nick Mangold are happy who the heck cares? lol. 

Geno needs not to get upset here. Get Jalin Marshall, Charone Peake Robby Anderson and Kembrell Thompkins and keep sharpening the blade bro. This is nothing but an opportunity. 

Geno's going to be ok.  He's a young guy getting better each year.  Think about it.  If Geno went out there this year and sucked, his career would be over.  Now he can sit back, learn and get better.  Even if he is released, some team will pick him up....he'll get his chance.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

One year is a huge win.  Money is irrelevant.

Jets won.

Yup. This what I've been saying. The FA spending is done for this year, Fitz's contract is not prohibiting us from signing anyone else. So, the salary is ultimately irrelevant unless you are grossly insecure about people earning more money than you.

The idea was to avoid Firz salary bogging us down in future years... And not starting Geno. 

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Cool. Now I can have grown men make petty, insecure remarks to me about being able to grow a beard during football season next summer too.

As a man with a full beard, I'd appreciate it if you didn't start lame threads about how cool you think your scraggly facial hair looks and kept it to yourself this time :lol:

Yup I'm definitely in the grief stage now.

I feel this is my fault.  The poll I started that shows fan opinion saying 2/3s didn't want to spend over 7mil on Fitz could have been more clear.

I'm sorry Jet fans.  I have failed.  Mid-season when the pitchforks are out and we're calling to release Fitz and fire Macc...  remember it wasn't Macc's fault.  It was mine.  Smh.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

His bluff? Didnt fitz say that he'd rather take a 1 year 12 mill deal over the 3 year deal the jets had on the table like a month or 2 ago? 

Jets caved bro. 

You really going to start being stupid again here?

1 minute ago, afjetsfan said:

Geno's going to be ok.  He's a young guy getting better each year.  Think about it.  If Geno went out there this year and sucked, his career would be over.  Now he can sit back, learn and get better.  Even if he is released, some team will pick him up....he'll get his chance.

Not many times you get an opportunity to finally get a respectable OC, with the best WR duo in the league (statistically) and a top 3 defense. Not many teams out there who can say this. 

He'll get an opportunity most likely, but I cant act like this opportunity now wasnt a GREAT one. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

:Look, Geno will get his chance. Maybe even this season.There are injuries esp the way Fitz plays. And Bowles is not the kind of HC who will countenance mediocrity. If Fitz's play is terrible he'll go with BAP. And that's what I like about him. I really think we can win in 2016 with Fitz. And now we're giving it our best shot. So much for the naysayers who predict we'll lose most of our games. We're at least going for it. Not over-analyzing and being pessimistic. 

I admire the optimism, and I agree with your points here. Bowles hasn't done anything yet for me to not have trust & respect in him. Every year is new and I can honestly say I've NEVER written this team off before the seasons start... Yeah our first six games are tough, but don't you think those teams/fans are stressed that they have to play the Jets as well? Just a thought. The naysayers get on my nerves too. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Not many times you get an opportunity to finally get a respectable OC, with the best WR duo in the league (statistically) and a top 3 defense. Not many teams out there who can say this. 

He'll get an opportunity most likely, but I cant act like this opportunity now wasnt a GREAT one. 

Fitzpatrick has the next best opportunity in his career to finally make the playoffs with the 2016 Jets they are the NFL sleeper team of the year. 

2 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

I admire the optimism, and I agree with your points here. Bowles hasn't done anything yet for me to not have trust & respect in him. Every year is new and I can honestly say I've NEVER written this team off before the seasons start... Yeah our first six games are tough, but don't you think those teams/fans are stressed that they have to play the Jets as well? Just a thought. The naysayers get on my nerves too. 

edit : wrong post 

Jets win!

They win!!!!

Geno fans lose, but Jets fans WIN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing for sure about youngsters like yourself , as soon as things don't go your way, you won't even be a memory on this board. Unlike the many here who have followed and loved this team for over 45 years.

So bye- bye to you kid, come back and see us when you've done the time, maybe then someone would care what you think.

Just now, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Fitz versus Buffalo in 2016: 0-2  Fitz versus everyone else: 10-3

Sad part is, 1-1 if Devin Smith doesn't cough up that fumble for a Buffalo TD.

Anyway...onward and upward :)

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Everyone else all had losing records and we beat 2 teams with winning records LOL 

So 2-1 vs teams with winning records?  Not bad.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont know, stupid may be the only thing your brain understands....so I guess. 

Sick burn.

I detect a bit of tantrum already. Contemplating how well you've used your time the last 4 months? 

Archived