Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best best best best best best part of this offseason: the beat writers were beat to literally every story. 

Now we can cut out this bullsh*t and root for our team

Jeff DarlingtonVerified account‏@JeffDarlington Sources: Jets imposed 7 pm deadline or deal was off table. Ryan Fitzpatrick arrived at facility to accept offer at... 7 pm. Just perfect.

Posted Images

Since we didn't have $12 mill in cap room to sign Fitz, whether this deal is good, or not, depends on what they did to fit his contract into this cap year.

So, for those saying 'it's only 1 yr, who cares?'  you may care if the cap rearrangement needed to fit Fitz impacts future years.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Wow a multi-tasker you are. When I grow up I wanna be just like you.

I figured that baby with the shades was you. I can already tell you're on a bad road my friend. 

Whenever you're ready I'll pour you a shotglass of milk on the rocks and we can watch Fitzpatrick add up enough games to miss the playoffs. We have Goldfingers here who are great at mathematics. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Either or its cool we can talk here on the board for all to see besides my I-phone needs to be charged its down to 16% 

We can talk while it's plugged in. 

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Either or its cool we can talk here on the board for all to see besides my I-phone needs to be charged its down to 16% 

What kind of charger are you using? Factory charger or did you get one of those custom jobs?

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Thor99 said:

Tx told me about those math classes at Rutgers. 

Before  he was banned. 

I'd love to tell you about those too, but unfortunately I have to get back to flipping burgers and preventing my wife's murder.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I figured that baby with the shades was you. I can already tell you're on a bad road my friend. 

Whenever you're ready I'll pour you a shot of milk on the rocks and we can watch Fitzpatrick add up enough games to miss the playoffs. We have Goldfingers here who are great at mathematics. 

Actually that's my pride and joy. I will let him decide at the proper time if he wants to join the boards though. You know so He can be exposed to such great thinker's such as yourself.

No biggie I'm just messin with ya......and padding my post total.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'd love to tell you about those too, but unfortunately I have to get back to flipping burgers and preventing my wife's murder.

I wanted to take Murder Prevention 101, but I went to a SUNY school.  Not available. 

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Actually that's my pride and joy. I will let him decide at the proper time if he wants to join the boards though. You know so He can be exposed to such great thinker's such as yourself.

No biggie I'm just messin with ya......and padding my post total.

IF thats your pride and joy, then no disrespect. I dont mess with family, thought that was a generic pic.

If you ever want to honor this public beer drinker, keep your pride and joy as far away from the Jets as humanly possible. This has been borderline abuse the past 20 years. 

I don't like it. Not only did we overpay, but we guaranteed the money. All for a player that may be serviceable, but he is NOT the answer. Why even bother if you know he won't get you into even the playoffs? Especially when we have a young QB that could be the face of our franchise for years to come (Hack).

• Thumb Down 1

Posit: if Fitzpatrick mentors Hackenberg well and it contributes to his future success - is that worth $12 million 2016 dollars?

IF - if it is even possible that Fitz's example/tutelage might help Hackenberg in the future, is it worth $12 million 2016 dollars?

Hackenberg is a workaholic - that's clear by his scouting report and his work with Jordan Palmer.  But he must work smart and not just hard.  Brandon Marshall is on record stating he told Geno Smith, "you need to follow that guy (Fitz) around and do everything he does.  Study like he does, communicate like he does," etc.  That is exactly what Christian Hackenberg (and Petty) start doing day 1 this training camp. 

Fitz is our best QB but we all know this will be a challenging schedule and coming off a career year it may be difficult to reproduce or surpass those numbers/win total.  I hope he does.  However, my biggest excitement for this signing is actually for the development of Hackenberg (Petty).

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

IF thats your pride and joy, then no disrespect. I dont mess with family, thought that was a generic pic.

If you ever want to honor this public beer drinker, keep your pride and joy as far away from the Jets as humanly possible. This has been borderline abuse the past 20 years. 

Yes I know. Third generation myself and yet I will let him make up his own mind. As long as he is not a Giants fan I'm cool.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Yes I know. Third generation myself and yet I will let him make up his own mind. As long as he is not a Giants fan I'm cool.

Most of my family are Giants/Steelers fans. Only myself and one uncle are Jets fans. 

I cant even begin to tell you WTF happened there. 

P.S. Before you know it, you'll have 100 posts. Be careful! lol. 

7 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

My youngest daughter became a Titans fan, very odd indeed....

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Most of my family are Giants/Steelers fans. Only myself and one uncle are Jets fans. 

I cant even begin to tell you WTF happened there. 

P.S. Before you know it, you'll have 100 posts. Be careful! lol. 

Oh no. Next thing you know I will be drinking beers and making sense! Horror of horrors!

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

All while still having a life! Who would've thought! ;)

Hey you must be rubbing off. Anyway nice bantering with ya. I promise to show up at least one more time before you hit those 500 posts by next week. Peace. :P

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Hey you must be rubbing off. Anyway nice bantering with ya. I promise to show up at least one more time before you hit those 500 posts by next week. Peace. :P

That next time will end up being 10 years strong. 

You'll see. And though you've technically been here since 2013, welcome to Jetnation. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is the most perfect thing.

How can any Jets fan look at this picture and not instantly get at least a little excited about the season? I mean come on. 

Get back to us midway through the season.....