Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

1 minute ago, peebag said:

Get back to us midway through the season.....

It's July. I'm not waiting till Week 8 to be excited. I'm excited now.

We've got Marshall, Forte, Decker, maybe a breakout performer in Amaro, led by Fitz and Chan Gailey. Why not get excited? 

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No it shows desperation that deal should have been off the table weeks ago. Macc caved in to a mediocre QB doesn't say much for Macc. 

You couldn't be any more wrong.  Mac showed patience and tolerance but in the end said take it or leave it.  No doubt while on the phone with Foles' agent.  Mac actually played this perfectly and we are not obligated to Fitz beyond this season.  I can't blame Fitz for not agreeing to $6 million in back up money for 2017.  Now he can earn a good contract in 2017 if he performs well this season, no matter where he winds up.  That's what journeymen do.    You have to realize that the organization prefers Fitz to Smith for this season.. from the top down.   Based on Woody's comments at one of the jets functions last year, I have no doubt he doesn't want to watch Geno.  

The gloating going on in this thread is cringe worthy.  Guys are acting like YA Tiddle just entered the building when in reality they overpaid a JAG no one wanted, and were clearly uncomfortable committing to beyond 16'. 

I'd say 15% of NFL fans even knew about this staring contest and they, like every other NFL fan, couldn't care less. 

DUMB move by an organization that hasnt won anything since 1969 and fans wonder why?  

Look no further signing a 34 year old gypsy journeyman QB who has never sniffed the playoffs. 

J-E-T-S  SAME OLD JETS making poor decisions that have cost this organization for years. 

I hope Geno Smith beats him out in camp. 

So root for the Giants

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Macc and the Jets actions peak louder than 1,000,000 forum posts about how they, the Jets, feel about Geno Smith.

We just paid Ryan Fitzpatrick 12-15 million dollars purely so we shouldn't have to see Geno Smith play QB.

We don't have to like it, but it's undeniable at this point how the Organization feels about Geno.

Now the question is what happens to Petty.  Cut loose, do we keep 4, or does someone else get cut, unlikely as that is?

Hopefully Fitz finds a way to beat top teams. He is going to need to with this schedule. He is very like-able and more importantly he is a Jet. So I will be rooting for him!

Stack the box a no brainer no long ball threat 

LOLOLOL at this post. Gailey runs 3 and mainly 4 wide reciever sets. No one is stacking 8 in the box. Stop with your negativity about Fitz. We alllllll know he's not the 2nd coming of Elway or Montana but he gives us the best chance to win. Period. 

39 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You couldn't be any more wrong.  Mac showed patience and tolerance but in the end said take it or leave it.  No doubt while on the phone with Foles' agent.  Mac actually played this perfectly and we are not obligated to Fitz beyond this season.  I can't blame Fitz for not agreeing to $6 million in back up money for 2017.  Now he can earn a good contract in 2017 if he performs well this season, no matter where he winds up.  That's what journeymen do.    You have to realize that the organization prefers Fitz to Smith for this season.. from the top down.   Based on Woody's comments at one of the jets functions last year, I have no doubt he doesn't want to watch Geno.  

No Mac caved. My opinion of Mac has gone down a few notches after this. He could have used Foles as leverage. Paying a JAG he has never accomplished anything 12M is just ridiculous. Certainly Macs biggest blunder.

If Woody doesn't want to watch Geno, then why is he still on the team? He would have been traded or outright cut, period.

I gotta say I knew Fitzy would sign and I thought it would be sooner than later. Great news! But I have to ask.........How freaking long does it take a QB to prepare to play in the NFL? Petty has to sit for two years and then he still may not be ready? Hack sits for a year and hopefully is then ready which to me seems more like the appropriate time frame, yes, no?

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's July. I'm not waiting till Week 8 to be excited. I'm excited now.

We've got Marshall, Forte, Decker, maybe a breakout performer in Amaro, led by Fitz and Chan Gailey. Why not get excited? 

I'm normally very optimistic, but this is easy to answer. Amaro hasn't proven jack and was in Bowles dog house last year. I like the Forte signing but he really is a wild card considering his age and amount of tread left on his tires. Marshall, Decker, and Gailey were all here last year, yet the mighty Fitz still couldn't make the playoffs with a cream puff schedule. Can you tell us how well Fitz performed against good defenses last year? Add to it Clady is a wildcard at LT recovering from a major injury, Mangold is a year older, and Breno is Breno and that's a lot to be concerned about. I really, really hope I'm wrong but I don't see Fitz being better than 3-5 to start and more than likely 2-6. He will be exposed playing against good defenses. I certainly hope Marshall continues to bail him out this year.

25 minutes ago, billo83 said:

If Woody doesn't want to watch Geno, then why is he still on the team? He would have been traded or outright cut, period.

This doesn't make sense at all. Assuming Geno is untradable, should they have cut him before signing a deal with only Hack and Petty behind and then started negotiating with Fitz or whatever QB available?

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Sorry if it's been already discussed.. Just hearing news.. How are they fitting Fitz $$$ into cap ?

I am no expert but from what I gather they are taking things from other things and converting it into stuff. Then they take that stuff and pay it out a different way and poof you got Fitz.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I am no expert but from what I gather they are taking things from other things and converting it into stuff. Then they take that stuff and pay it out a different way and poof you got Fitz.

So in English that translates into " we restructured/extended bad contracts into next yr and yr after ??.. 

@warfish I'm pretty sure the signing of Fitz had more to do with their own affinity for his role in the offense, and not their disdain for Geno. Why you feel the need to try and twist that knife is beyond me. Our own preferences and assumptions aside as fans, the team won 10 games and had a functional lockerroom with Ryan. Why would they not attempt to foster continuity? It's not avoidance that governs decisions, it's assurance. They're chasing the success they began to culture, not running from Geno.

Can you drop the diatribe and join the rest of us in training camp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is the most perfect thing.

How can any Jets fan look at this picture and not instantly get at least a little excited about the season? I mean come on. 

FItz Return.jpg

I can think of one Jet fan sh*ttin in his pants right joewilly12.

Havent bitched in quite some time about anything are you for real? I debate stuff with other posters why are you making it personal. Go get laid.  Who the hell do you think you are the internet police?  GFY 

I guess not bitchin for 12 minutes is a new world record for your BPD.  And I'm not making it personal. I'm just sick of hearing the same dribble come out of that senseless brain of yours. You're lucky I aint the internet police, I'd taser your azz. 

12 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So has anyone figured out how this is fitting under the cap?  

OverTheCap.com show we have like 8.7mil free.  Somehow have to fit in Fitz, Lee and some emergency in-season funds.

Don't be negative.. We will just re-structure already bad contracts and do this all over next summer ??

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Don't be negative.. We will just re-structure already bad contracts and do this all over next summer ??

Yeah, doesn't seem to be any great options to free up space.  This article covers a few options (Decker, Mangold and Skrine)...

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/07/how_much_cap_space_will_jets_have_for_ryan_fitzpat.html

But do we really want to have Skrine or Mangold counting well over 10mil against the cap in 2017?  Adding a bit to Decker's 2017 hit I guess isn't that bad.

Hopefully Macc has some other trick up his sleave to free up 7 to 8mil.

I applaud MAC for trying to use a non-existent market for Fitz as leverage for getting him to agree to back up money for years 2/3. Would have been based case scenaro with our young developmental QB's to ensure we have Fitz still here on the cheap.

But this 1 year deal is really a fair deal for both sides. I'm happy Fitz is back, but I'm just as happy that we haven't invested long-term money in him. I give Fitz credit, he has enough confidence in himself to think he'll play his way to another big pay day next year. 

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No it shows desperation that deal should have been off the table weeks ago. Macc caved in to a mediocre QB doesn't say much for Macc. 

It illustrates how desperate Mac was to sign Fitz to protect his job and image rather than relying on a punk azz biatch which would have backfired. See Idziot. Youre supposed to return those 3D glasses after the movie.  

5 hours ago, Pac said:

The gloating going on in this thread is cringe worthy.  Guys are acting like YA Tiddle just entered the building when in reality they overpaid a JAG no one wanted, and were clearly uncomfortable committing to beyond 16'. 

I'd say 15% of NFL fans even knew about this staring contest and they, like every other NFL fan, couldn't care less. 

It's a combo of two different things causing all the happiness

1) Fitz is our starter

2) Geno is not our starter

I just don't know which fact is bringing the most joy.

I will give credit to Macc for putting a deadline on this mess. Once he saw Foles was available, he was ready to move on. As soon as Fitz got word of his lost leverage he flew to the facility. My concerns remain with his health, age, and difference in schedule, but at the very least I look forward to his locker room presence and ability to help this roster believe we can be a contender.

9 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

His bluff? Didnt fitz say that he'd rather take a 1 year 12 mill deal over the 3 year deal the jets had on the table like a month or 2 ago? 

Jets caved bro. 

HIs agent originally wanted 18 million. Both sides compromised. Fitz comprimised first. Mac wins

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

Right, because they went through all this and inked him to a deal that guarantees him $12 million to hand the job to Geno?  LOL

Unless Fitz comes out and looks like Geno Smith, he's keeping the job.

Lol, correct, fitz could throw the ball backwards in camp and still start over GeeNo, GeeNo needs to worry about staying the main backup. Fitz is starter no matter what snd how does GeeNo prove anything in meaningless person games

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

HIs agent originally wanted 18 million. Both sides compromised. Fitz comprimised first. Mac wins

Fitz stated that he'd rather play for 1 year 12 million  What his agent wanted has nothing to do with this since his agent represents Fitz and it was Fitz who stated that he would rather play on a 1 year 12 million dollar contract a couple months back over the 3 year deal the Jets had on the table. It seems like Fitz didnt even care what he agent wanted if that was the case. 

IMO? That 18 million agent talk was put out there to calm some of the people down who had a problem with the current deal. It wasnt a compromise, Fitz stated this 1 year 12 million a while ago, we've even talked about it on this thread. 

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Great day for Jets and for all rational Jets fans. J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

Rational?  meaning our favorite team just signed a 34 year old career journeyman who's won 6.6 out of 16 games he's started in this league to a 12mil deal?  Yeah rational.

Look, I root for the laundry, and I hopee he wins me a superbowl,  but please let's be rational. 

Archived