Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

There seems to be such a fallacy on these forums with the totally baseless assumption that becasue some people prefer Ftizpatrick over Geno in the short term that playoffs and sup bowls are expected.  The offense was good last year and the team was fun to watch, we have a couple new young Qb's that could stand to learn from a pro that gets along with team mates. 

Almost without exception people that support the Fitz re upping are realistic about his upside and length of time he will be here.  I'd also say that most of these same people would be happy as clams to get a new Qb in the starters roll better than Fitzpatrick.

it's a one year deal.  it's clear the FO wants hack to win the job next year.  i just hope fitz doesn't get hurt, b/c the fan base clearly does not want to have to root for geno.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

So in your mind we replaced a Yugo with a Dodge Dart - woohoo happy days 

Maybe a better analogy is that we replaced 30 year old rusted Pacer with no motor and which did not run with a ten your old Chevvy Impala with 100,000 miles but which does run.

Nobody is saying we got a Ferrari but worse just got better.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The least excited people that Fitz is back:  Most Jets fans + Geno Smith.

More excited than the fans that Fitz is back, but more or less "neutral" and businesslike about it:  The Jets Front Office and Coaching Staff.

The most excited that Fitz is back, by a large margin:  The entire Jets offense.

Yeah, I'll side with the latter 2 of that group here.

i think most jet fans are excited fitz is back.  we had a real offense to root for last year and i think they'll have more weapons with forte, amaro and any of the wrs who steps up.  

I think we are an 8-win team with Fitz and this years schedule.  Tops.

I think we may be a #1 overall pick or close to it with Geno.

We should have stayed with Geno but not because he is better or even close to being as good.

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

until I can get my hands on a corvette, I will take the dodge dart over the yugo. Fitzpatrick is more like a Pontiac LeMans than a dodge dart

Just now, ylekram said:

until I can get my hands on a corvette, I will take the dodge dart over the yugo. Fitzpatrick is more like a Pontiac LeMans than a dodge dart

Regardless let's hope he has enough gas to get us to the playoffs . 

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

"Fitz threw 3 picks in the 2nd half of the Buffalo game last year, verdict is in he sucks!"

"Geno has been horrific for 3 years, on and off the field, but we don't know what we have in him, yet."

Ryan Fitzpatrick has been terrible since Y2K was a thing.  Like I said..  try this stuff with someone else.

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

I don't think you know what "terrible" means

Never winning more than 7 games before last year, never making the playoffs, never leading 4th quarter come backs against tough teams, never being the reason his team won a game, choking in big spots with countless back breaking interceptions..

want more?

Having seen the Yugo play, you're damn right I'm happy with the Dart.

Geno's level of suck drags down the whole team.

By comparison, I'm thrilled with Ryan the JAG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Pac said:

Never winning more than 7 games before last year, never making the playoffs, never leading 4th quarter come backs against tough teams, never being the reason his team won a game, choking in big spots with countless back breaking interceptions..

want more?

I get it. he was terrible, but with exceptions. like I said, I don't think you know what terrible means

Just now, jfmckenna said:

JAG?

http://glasermotors.com/images/Jaguar%20XKE/jaguar-xke-roadster-03.JPG

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it's a one year deal.  it's clear the FO wants hack to win the job next year.  i just hope fitz doesn't get hurt, b/c the fan base clearly does not want to have to root for geno.

I'll root for Geno big time if he has to play, the guy has the physical skills to be a QB in this league.  I simply don't believe at all that he has all the other things needed to be an effective QB.

9 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Dodge Darts are very desireable cars these days.  I used to have a red 74 Dart sport 225 slant 6.  Man I wish I still had that car.

JAG?

jaguar-xke-roadster-03.JPG

Not that kind of JAG

Ryan Fitzpatrick is at best an $8 million QB. But the Jets had to pay $12 million for him plus incentives. Not because Fitzy is worth $12 million, but because Geno Smith sucks.

In other words, Geno Smith sucks so much that he just cost the Jets $4-7 million.

3 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Not that kind of JAG

Ryan Fitzpatrick is at best an $8 million QB. But the Jets had to pay $12 million for him plus incentives. Not because Fitzy is worth $12 million, but because Geno Smith sucks.

In other words, Geno Smith sucks so much that he just cost the Jets $4-7 million.

I don't think anyone likes the $12M number but the market moved.  We may not like it but it moved.

The front office paid the money because Geno Smith has already managed to help get one GM fired.  

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has been terrible since Y2K was a thing.  Like I said..  try this stuff with someone else.

You remind me of an old joke. 

A flood hits a small town. A devout Christian man climbs onto his roof to get away from the rising waters and begins praying. His neighbor passes in a Hummer and throws the man a rope.

"No thank you," says the man, "the Lord will save me from this predicament." The neighbor shrugs and slowly drives away through the rising waters and the man continues praying. 30 minutes later the water is now up to the man's waist and a police speedboat pulls up next to the house. A cop reaches out with his hand to help the man aboard.

"No thank you, officer," says the man, "I have faith in the Lord to ensure I don't perish." The police have many people to save and can't waste time arguing so they leave as the man starts praying aloud. 15 minutes later the water is up to the man's neck. A Coast Guard chopper appears overhead and lowers down a rope ladder to the man.

He waves the chopper away and yells over the rotors, "I am fine! Jesus is my only salvation!" The chopper is running low on fuel and after circling for a few minutes, they leave.

5 minutes later a huge wave surges down the street and drowns the man. He awakens in Heaven and asks St. Peter: "I am grateful to be in Heaven, by why did God foresake me down on that roof?"

St. Peter rolls his eyes, "What are you talking about? He sent you a Hummer, a boat, and a helicopter!"

I'm not sure I like what the Jets did here.

- I think it's safe to say that the Jets caved on Fitz 1/12 demand. I don't think the argument should be that he's only the 22nd highest paid QB so it's a good deal. The question should be where is this $$$ going to come from. Even with Mo's deal, the Jets are going to need to push about $6M onto 2017's cap... And we already don't have  much 2017 cap space.

- A one year deal means that Hackenburg better be ready to start in 2017. Both Geno (if he even stays) and Fitz will be free agents next offseason, leaving the Jets with limited cap space and no veteran QB on the roster.

- This move also clearly shows that the Jets have given up on Geno Smith. There will be no competition and there will be no seeing Geno on the field with a competent supporting cast. I know most of the board already thinks they know what Geno Smith is and will always be, and while I'm not saying Geno is owed anything, he's a former top prospect on the last year of a cheap deal - so it was really now or never to see what the guy has. And with Fitz here, that will not happen. 

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

I'm not sure I like what the Jets did here.

- I think it's safe to say that the Jets caved on Fitz 1/12 demand. I don't think the argument should be that he's only the 22nd highest paid QB so it's a good deal. The question should be where is this $$$ going to come from. Even with Mo's deal, the Jets are going to need to push about $6M onto 2017's cap... And we already don't have  much 2017 cap space.

- A one year deal means that Hackenburg better be ready to start in 2017. Both Geno (if he even stays) and Fitz will be free agents next offseason, leaving the Jets with limited cap space and no veteran QB on the roster.

- This move also clearly shows that the Jets have given up on Geno Smith. There will be no competition and there will be no seeing Geno on the field with a competent supporting cast. I know most of the board already thinks they know what Geno Smith is and will always be, and while I'm not saying Geno is owed anything, he's a former top prospect on the last year of a cheap deal - so it was really now or never to see what the guy has. And with Fitz here, that will not happen. 

Articles I read said Fitz was resisting a 1 year deal and Jets were pitching it. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

want more?

I do.  Only slower.

41 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Pac being negative about a QB feels like spring.  

Pennington, Sanchez, Geno:  Pro Bowlers.

Fitzpatrick:  Worst QB ever.

Fitz is going to win us a Super Bowl this year, and we'll all be able to thank Pac for it.  Thank you Pac.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Pennington, Sanchez, Geno:  Pro Bowlers.

Fitzpatrick:  Worst QB ever.

Fitz is going to win us a Super Bowl this year, and we'll all be able to thank Pac for it.  Thank you Pac.

Pennington and Sanchez been to and won playoff games. Geno would have probably won one, two maybe six playoff games this year if given the chance.  Fitz got really close. Really close.

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Pennington and Sanchez been to and won playoff games. Geno would have probably won one, two maybe six playoff games this year if given the chance.  Fitz got really close. Really close.

Favre (when Healthy) >>>>>>> Pennington (when Healthy) >>> Fitzpatrick >>>>> Sanchez >>>>>>>>>>>>>Geno

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Favre (when Healthy) >>>>>>> Pennington (when Healthy) >>> Fitzpatrick >>>>> Sanchez >>>>>>>>>>>>>Geno

Favre Superbowl winner.  Pennington playoff game winner.  Sanchez two time AFC game runner up. Geno untapped potential.  Fitzpatrick really really really nice guy.

Archived