Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christian Hackenberg better be the 2nd coming of Tom Brady, because if not the Jets will be in worse shape come January 2017 then they were 45 minutes ago.

Signing Fitz to the 3 year deal could have solved that, OR letting Geno play, and he actually proved to be worth something could have solved that by tagging him, but this deal with Fitz is the worst possible outcome for the future of the Jets, yes Bowles, and the veterans get what they want for 2016, but their jobs aren't to worry past that, but Maccs is, and if Hack don't work out immediately, or he doesn't pull some crazy ass trade for a good veteran, or top pick in next year's draft he should probably lose his job IMO.

WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME for the Jets future.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

He is the 23rd highest paid starting QB, right behind Dalton and in front of RG3.  Its actually right where he should be valued personally.  I just hope he stays healthy and proves me wrong against stronger defenses and most importantly, can he win a damn game against AFCE opponent Buffalo Bills.

32 NFL teams and we are celebrating signing Fitzpatrick LOL 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick isn't worth $12 million no other team in the NFL offered anything but our beloved NY Jets sad actually

12 million for a starting QB in the NFL is peanuts.  As long as it wasn't a multi year deal, I don't mind. I just didn't want them to cave, and they clearly didn't. It's a net win for the Jets. 

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Per Cimini...Jets offer was $8 million, Fitz waited from them to bump it up which they did, to $12 million.

Yeah.  Supposedly there was some 7pm deadline.  Like Macc was gonna move on.  

Yeah right.

He caved in to Fitz's demands.  Sure there's a 7pm deadline, but he gave everything Fitz wanted. 12-15mil.  

Really hope he was right.  Even though most seem happy with the deal, I'm sure they will all quickly say Macc was dumb for wasting the money if Fitz is still himself this season.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Christian Hackenberg better be the 2nd coming of Tom Brady, because if not the Jets will be in worse shape come January 2017 then they were 45 minutes ago.

Signing Fitz to the 3 year deal could have solved that, OR letting Geno play, and he actually proved to be worth something could have solved that by tagging him, but this deal with Fitz is the worst possible outcome for the future of the Jets, yes Bowles, and the veterans get what they want for 2016, but their jobs aren't to worry past that, but Maccs is, and if Hack don't work out immediately, or he doesn't pull some crazy ass trade for a good veteran, or top pick in next year's draft he should probably lose his job IMO.

Then you draft another QB...and another. The Ron Wolf strategy

Jet haters gonna hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Fitz originally wanted 16. They met in the middle. 

Heard that rumored by a ton of Geno's fans on here, never from anyone with knowledge of the negotiations.

20 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno is effectively done as a Jet. If Fitz gets hurt or the teams sucks, it'd be better to see Petty or Hack at the end of the season. He'll be able to find third string work somewhere. 

if fitz gets injured geno is the man.  

Just now, jfmckenna said:

He's just another self-loathing Jet fan in favor of affirmative action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifelong fan witnessed the 1969 Super Bowl its been awhile dont mind me you new and improved fans have all the right answers 

Self loathing LOL self loathing FOR WHAT??????

This reeks of a Woody Johnson decision because he has no balls to do the unpopular  (but correct IMO) move of going with Geno, or holding out for Fitz to come crawling back with his tail between his legs in 2 weeks.

Woody has no spine.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think initially that is what Fitz wanted

We all think a lot of things....doesn't make any of us right.

Now that he's signed, everyone is coming out of the woodwork with the "facts".

I'll go with Cimini.  Like him or not, he's been covering the team for a billion years.

Archived