Official Training Camp Thread 7/28

Villain The Foe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Brandon Shell sighting. 

I am excited about what I am reading regarding Anderson in particular but also Marshall. It is about time we added an infusion of explosive young talent to our offense and I think these two guys along with Peake can really change the dynamic of our offense.  Sorry Kembrell but you might have to go.... 

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

The Bills, I put on him.  Both times.

The Texans, looked like a JJ Watt highlight real.  I don't blame any QB for that, there were plays drawn up with our awesome RT one on one with Watt.   Hell, they could have saved the money and put me on Watt, it would have worked out the same.

This is true about JJ Watt, however JJ Watt didnt make Fitz throw an INT on 1st and 10 on our last drive to end the game on a pass that was just horrible. 

But like I said, I've ragged on the guy long enough. He's the quarterback so I have to support him. However, I just need to see Fitz be more consistent. If he can do that, especially against AFC opponents we should be fine. 

21 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

With all knowledge that this is day one. Does anyone think Geno has a chance to outplay fitz in TC, and if he does would bowles n mac make the switch even thought they paid fitz all that money?? 

Yes Geno has a chance and probably WILL outplay Fitz. But no way Geno gets the nod as starter. I think what MAY happen in that case is Fitz will be on a very short leash once the season starts.  

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, for those who say Fitz is guaranteed the starter, I have two words for you. Matt Flynn.

Did Seattle say he was the starter after they signed him? I remember hearing about the QB competition that summer 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Everyone assumed that he was. As everyone is assuming now without an official announcement

I've heard mac say in interviews that fitz would still be the starter and geno the #2, this was a couple months ago though

Fitz is the starter, and unless there are injuries involved, he's going to start I believe no matter how good Geno plays because they have too much money invested in him right now.  Flynn was different because the coaching staff and players had no ties to them, so both Flynn and Wilson were coming in new.  In this case, Fitz has good stats from last year and players have a connection with him.  I think the best case scenario for Geno (but worst case for us) is Fitz starts off bad, and they go to Geno.

I hope both of them play well.  I argued for keeping Geno and moving on from Fitz, but it still hurts to see Fitz throw these interceptions because it's holding the offense back now.  Hopefully, he corrects it soon, and is just rusty.  

Just now, win4ever said:

Fitz is the starter, and unless there are injuries involved, he's going to start I believe no matter how good Geno plays because they have too much money invested in him right now.  Flynn was different because the coaching staff and players had no ties to them, so both Flynn and Wilson were coming in new.  In this case, Fitz has good stats from last year and players have a connection with him.  I think the best case scenario for Geno (but worst case for us) is Fitz starts off bad, and they go to Geno.

I hope both of them play well.  I argued for keeping Geno and moving on from Fitz, but it still hurts to see Fitz throw these interceptions because it's holding the offense back now.  Hopefully, he corrects it soon, and is just rusty.  

if geno plays well you have to wonder if they risk losing bryce by trying to get him on the PS.  

Just now, win4ever said:

Which brings up the second point. I remember Fitz was sh*t last preseason. Who knows. I still believe that if Fitz performs like this regularly, that Geno gets the job.

Archived