Official Training Camp Thread 7/28

Villain The Foe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Just lost alot of respect for Bowles as a coach.

Bowles had to do it, not because he was told but Fitz ended the season as the starter. As long as we dont got into week 1 feeling that "Bowles is sitting the better QB" then im fine about today. 

Geno definitely had a better TC today. If he continues and shows it in preseason then I will watch Bowles decision like a hawk. 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then Jets fans are lying, because a crap load of Jets fans have either said cut Geno now that Fitz is here or that they're glad that they never have to see Geno start for this club again. My statement is surely "hopeful" but trust me, not every Jets fan thinks alike on this one. 

you have to understand, not everyone on this site knows the ins and outs of football. on top of that, geno's play to date hasn't been inspiring. peoples attitude will/would change with witnessed improvement .fitz is an average, adequate, nothing special qb that gets it done the majority of the time. if geno beats him out by a noticeable margin, that's puts him at least 1 spot up the totum pole. who wouldnt want that?

32 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Did Seattle say he was the starter after they signed him? I remember hearing about the QB competition that summer 

Of course they did. They had no other QB. You don't sign a FA QB on a big deal ($9mil a year over 3 years and that was before the Eagles started handing out dumb contracts to QBs left n right). They didn't draft Wilson to be a rookie starter, but as they saw Wilson in the practices, they realized what they had in him and chose for the more wiser option.

20 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Camp over. Geno- 1. "The World"- 0. 

Don't know why he's calling Fitz rusty. Sounds like his accuracy and arm strength are in mid-season form. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Don't know why he's calling Fitz rusty. Sounds like his accuracy and arm strength are in mid-season form. 

The truth hurts I guess. I read from three separate sources that one of Fitz INT's looked like it was a punt that came out of his hand. I cant even explain that one. 

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

you have to understand, not everyone on this site knows the ins and outs of football. on top of that, geno's play to date hasn't been inspiring. peoples attitude will/would change with witnessed improvement .fitz is an average, adequate, nothing special qb that gets it done the majority of the time. if geno beats him out by a noticeable margin, that's puts him at least 1 spot up the totum pole. who wouldnt want that?

This is true, however im just stating the facts...not if they're right or wrong or if they know the in's and outs of football. Trust me, I had my doubts when people were requesting Geno to be cut so Petty could be the starter. lol. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is true, however im just stating the facts...not if they're right or wrong or if they know the in's and outs of football. Trust me, I had my doubts when people were requesting Geno to be cut so Petty could be the starter. lol. 

ya, that's rough right there

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

This offseason will be exciting, if nothing else. 

I'm sure it was a response to a question.  probably dick bag myers, dick bag cimini or dick bad mehta or dick bag the fat guy. 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The truth hurts I guess. I read from three separate sources that one of Fitz INT's looked like it was a punt that came out of his hand. I cant even explain that one. 

You're the only one collecting imaginary stats based on pass-by-pass tweets on day one.

The only one. 

Emo. Petty. Doofus.

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

do you think there are sword fights in the tub ?

I honestly dont want to know what goes on between Marshall and Fitz.  It creeps me out. Then you throw in the creepiness of Decker and Mangold.  It's so gross. 

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

It might. Fitz is one and done contract wise. Geno may show enough to stick as the backup or get traded for which is improbable but not impossible.

It might. Im betting that Geno can do it. However, he just cant be "a little better". He has to look like the clear cut better QB. This is also something we've never seen Geno. As a supporter even I have to admit to that. I think he can do it, but thinking and doing...two different things. 

Just now, JiF said:

I honestly dont want to know what goes on between Marshall and Fitz.  It creeps me out. Then you throw in the creepiness of Decker and Mangold.  It's so gross. 

it's a bromance.  these dudes have it made.  lots of money and free time and hanging out in shorts and  being macho.  they go to hockey games and hunt, and yeah its really suspicious now that I think about it

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

It might. Im betting that Geno can do it. However, he just cant be "a little better". He has to look like the clear cut better QB. This is also something we've never seen Geno. As a supporter even I have to admit to that. I think he can do it, but thinking and doing...two different things. 

Who knows... Maybe another year as a backup is good for him and he signs a mediocre extension for a chance to start next year. I doubt he'll have a big market for his services next year. This year he won't play unless Fitz plays himself out of the spot.

22 minutes ago, slats said:

This post made me actually read the tweets in the thread.  Sounds like he was god awful today and Geno was on point.  Which was so predictable its a lulza.

Oh how fun it is to be a Jets fan!

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Who knows... Maybe another year as a backup is good for him and he signs a mediocre extension for a chance to start next year. I doubt he'll have a big market for his services next year. This year he won't play unless Fitz plays himself out of the spot.

Could be a long shot. This FO hasnt shown anything that makes me feel like they would do that. 

Archived