Official Training Camp Thread 7/28

Villain The Foe

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, for those who say Fitz is guaranteed the starter, I have two words for you. Matt Flynn.

This example has no credence here IMO, Fitz has the support of the veteran players, that year in Seattle the Vets were never behind Flynn, and Pete made the gutsy decision to start Wilson because the players were behind Wilson.  That's not the case here, and I don't see a couple bad practices and/or preseason games change that aftet week 3 of preseason.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

if geno plays well you have to wonder if they risk losing bryce by trying to get him on the PS.  

I think Petty is pretty much trade fodder/PS destined as of now, and just an injury insurance the moment they signed Fitz.  

Teams rarely keep 4 QBs (I believe the Chiefs did it one of these years, and I know the Pats did it the year they drafted Brady).  Considering the salary, Fitz is obviously safe.   Their inclination to go in with Fitz indicates a win now approach, so they would want a capable backup given that Fitz has shown a propensity to get injured in the past, and you gain nothing by cutting Geno anyway, ergo Geno is safe.  They just spent a 2nd round pick on Hackenberg, so I really doubt they cut him.  So Petty is the odd man out, unless there is some catastrophic injury to one of the other options, IMO.  

Just now, Lupz27 said:

This example has no credence here IMO, Fitz has the support of the veteran players, that year in Seattle the Vets were never behind Flynn, and Pete made the gutsy decision to start Wilson because the players were behind Wilson.  That's not the case here, and I don't see a couple bad practices and/or preseason games change that aftet week 3 of preseason.

plus fitz already has proven himself with this team.  he'd have to really suck in preseason games to lose the starting job.

1 minute ago, win4ever said:

I think Petty is pretty much trade fodder/PS destined as of now, and just an injury insurance the moment they signed Fitz.  

Teams rarely keep 4 QBs (I believe the Chiefs did it one of these years, and I know the Pats did it the year they drafted Brady).  Considering the salary, Fitz is obviously safe.   Their inclination to go in with Fitz indicates a win now approach, so they would want a capable backup given that Fitz has shown a propensity to get injured in the past, and you gain nothing by cutting Geno anyway, ergo Geno is safe.  They just spent a 2nd round pick on Hackenberg, so I really doubt they cut him.  So Petty is the odd man out, unless there is some catastrophic injury to one of the other options, IMO.  

yeah.  it's as if every pick he throws puts him closer to out.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Loyalty is very fleeting in this sport.

3 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Totally agree.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which brings up the second point. I remember Fitz was sh*t last preseason. Who knows. I still believe that if Fitz performs like this regularly, that Geno gets the job.

I think with the season last year, Fitz gets two games no matter what he does in the pre-season, nor how good Geno is.   The only way I see Geno starting the year as the starter is a reverse situation from last year, where Fitz gets hurt with some injury, and Geno takes over and does well.  

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im hoping that Geno plays well enough to where the coach cant ignore it. 

your kidding yourself if you don't believe this is what every jet fan is hoping for. until he does it, that's all it is, is hope.

Thanks to @Maxman for allowing me the honors of opening up the 2016 Training camp thread. It worked out perfectly since I didnt have to go to work today! 

Overall impressions. This defense is top 3 in the league easily. Dexter McDougle was my stand out player. Jalin Marshall and Jordan Jenkins are beast rookies and IMO Marshall is making this team. 

29 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Another thing is that I remember Fitz looked bad in last preseason as well. Not an excuse, just a fact

he looked bad at the end of the season when we needed a win to get into the playoffs also. dude is sh*t.......

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

your kidding yourself if you don't believe this is what every jet fan is hoping for. until he does it, that's all it is, is hope.

Then Jets fans are lying, because a crap load of Jets fans have either said cut Geno now that Fitz is here or that they're glad that they never have to see Geno start for this club again. My statement is surely "hopeful" but trust me, not every Jets fan thinks alike on this one. 

47 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

With all knowledge that this is day one. Does anyone think Geno has a chance to outplay fitz in TC, and if he does would bowles n mac make the switch even thought they paid fitz all that money?? 

Geno will outplay Fitz, but Bowles won't be making a switch just yet.

37 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is true about JJ Watt, however JJ Watt didnt make Fitz throw an INT on 1st and 10 on our last drive to end the game on a pass that was just horrible. 

But like I said, I've ragged on the guy long enough. He's the quarterback so I have to support him. However, I just need to see Fitz be more consistent. If he can do that, especially against AFC opponents we should be fine. 

Support? Yeah. Pass? No. Just because he's a Jet, doesn't mean he'll be getting a pass from me. Kellen Davis is also on the Jets. I wish Fitz plays at a very high level.

Archived