Geno is 'pissed off'

CanadaSteve

Teams are so desperate for quality QBs that talent can't be hidden in NFL.  For Geno's sake he has to shine in everything to show he's worth a shot someplace.  If being pissed off helps achieve that, good for him.

The problem for Geno is that he sucks AND he's an ahole.  If he wasn't both, Macc wouldn't have worked so hard to re-sign Fitz.  Become good and stopping being a dick and Geno's NFL fortunes will improve.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SMC said:

Teams are so desperate for quality QBs that talent can't be hidden in NFL.  For Geno's sake he has to shine in everything to show he's worth a shot someplace.  If being pissed off helps achieve that, good for him.

The problem for Geno is that he sucks AND he's an ahole.  If he wasn't both, Macc wouldn't have worked so hard to re-sign Fitz.  Become good and stopping being a dick and Geno's NFL fortunes will improve.

Not sure about. And though I know for sure that this is my opinion, I believe Mike Glennon is better than the bottom 10 QB's in this league. Outside of the top 10, the rest of the QB's are honestly a mixed bag. I think Glennon can be part of that mixed bag. No reason why that dude should be on the bench. Geno shows qualities as well, but his situation generally was so poor (personal performance, coaching, talent) that its hard to really make that claim for him. However, his Oakland game showed some promise. When you get past the fact that there were some of the things that we love to get on him for and just sit back and watch him, you see that there were aspects to his game where he progressed. Even yesterday in minicamp, there were multiple reports on different players where the reporter stated how Geno didnt force the issue and took what was there, which was hitting the back as a safety value and not trying to press the issue. 

What Geno needs is consistency in order to develop that confidence. Then that confidence will allow him to be a leader because he has confidence in himself to get it done. Its a process, not necessarily the person. Sometimes it is the person, but usually you have a full career to reflect on and say "Yeah, Josh McCown is Josh McCown" for example, but in Geno's situation its just hard to tell at this point. 

Guys its so sad that our entire coaching staff and front office can't see that Super Bowl potential Geno has just SITTING there.  You're all so smart to see what everyone else can't see.

Homie was throwing to Jeff Cumberland and Greg Salas. GREG SALAS.

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing Geno in a real offense with real weapons with a real offensive coordinator.

I can see the amount of times Fitz has led a team to the playoffs about as well as I can see John Cena. And SPOILER ALERT - I can't see him.

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The headline said "angry" but I didn't get that from the article. He's handling it well. But nothing is unfair. They've told him all along he's the backup. It's good that he's competitive. He has a good chance of playing in 2016 like he did last year. He mentions South Florida so its a place he has feelings for. It's where he grew up. That could be his next destination and a place with some opportunity. Tannenbaum didn't draft Geno but they might need a backup next year and somebody who could start if Tannehill continues to struggle.  

Bottom line is Geno's future is not with the Jets.  Next year he will be free to sign with another team and I only hope we don't look back in few years and say, wow would have thought he would ever be this good?  This would have been our year to find out but instead we will be lead by a journeyman qb who's next playoff appearance will be his first.  Yayy! 

7 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing Geno in a real offense with real weapons with a real offensive coordinator.

I can see the amount of times Fitz has led a team to the playoffs about as well as I can see John Cena. And SPOILER ALERT - I can't see him.

Well said.  

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not sure about. And though I know for sure that this is my opinion, I believe Mike Glennon is better than the bottom 10 QB's in this league. Outside of the top 10, the rest of the QB's are honestly a mixed bag. I think Glennon can be part of that mixed bag. No reason why that dude should be on the bench. Geno shows qualities as well, but his situation generally was so poor (personal performance, coaching, talent) that its hard to really make that claim for him. However, his Oakland game showed some promise. When you get past the fact that there were some of the things that we love to get on him for and just sit back and watch him, you see that there were aspects to his game where he progressed. Even yesterday in minicamp, there were multiple reports on different players where the reporter stated how Geno didnt force the issue and took what was there, which was hitting the back as a safety value and not trying to press the issue. 

What Geno needs is consistency in order to develop that confidence. Then that confidence will allow him to be a leader because he has confidence in himself to get it done. Its a process, not necessarily the person. Sometimes it is the person, but usually you have a full career to reflect on and say "Yeah, Josh McCown is Josh McCown" for example, but in Geno's situation its just hard to tell at this point. 

Glennon will get his shot eventually if he is as good as you think.  They all do because college ranks simply cannot produce enough quality QBs.

As for Geno, every young QB shows some promise.  That's why they're in the NFL.  But while confidence is an issue, I don't believe confidence is what's holding Geno back.  Geno being an ahole is what is holding him back.  There were negative reports on him back at West Virginia.  He's not a trouble maker or problem child, but he's a dick.  The world is filled with them.

Jeff George was a supreme ahole and had mega ability and failed.  Geno doesn't have that ability to prop him up to get the chances George got to prove he's not good enough.

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The majority people on this board are not open minded when it comes to Geno.  He just flat out sucks as a player and person and that is that.  It is to the point that there really is no point in having a discussion.   They really don't want him to get better or improve, no matter what they say.  As far as they are concerned it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE THAT Geno can develop into a decent starting quarterback in this league. Because if he does, they would have to take back the stupid, hateful and borderline racist comments they have made about the guy and lord knows they don't want to do that. 

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

Glennon will get his shot eventually if he is as good as you think.  They all do because college ranks simply cannot produce enough quality QBs.

As for Geno, every young QB shows some promise.  That's why they're in the NFL.  But while confidence is an issue, I don't believe confidence is what's holding Geno back.  Geno being an ahole is what is holding him back.  There were negative reports on him back at West Virginia.  He's not a trouble maker or problem child, but he's a dick.  The world is filled with them.

Jeff George was a supreme ahole and had mega ability and failed.  Geno doesn't have that ability to prop him up to get the chances George got to prove he's not good enough.

George lasted 12 years in the league and threw for almost 30k yards and 150+ TDs 

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

It's hard for me to think that Geno being a ahole is the problem. It could be, the reason why I say "it's hard for me" is because everything that we hear is filtered through the media. The media sensationalize things. I showed an example of this about a week or two ago. 

I dont know Geno Smith personally so I dont know if he's an ahole. The love for Fitz I believe has to do with Fitz and not Geno necessarily being an ahole. It very well could be, again...I dont know him. I try just to deal with the guy as a football player. There are plenty of assholes I would assume in the league, and Geno could very well be one of them. A guy who has always been viewed as an ahole is Jay Cutler, the difference? He produces enough to where people could ignore if he's in fact an ahole. 

I dont know Geno so it would be unfair to me to say that with only information from the media that I know will do/say anything for a story. 

1 minute ago, peebag said:

George lasted 12 years in the league and threw for almost 30k yards and 150+ TDs 

Exactly.  He lasted that long because he had mega ability.  Geno doesn't.  But George's career pales to what he shouldve been based on his talent.

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

The majority people on this board are not open minded when it comes to Geno.  He just flat out sucks as a player and person and that is that.  It is to the point that there really is no point in having a discussion.   They really don't want him to get better or improve, no matter what they say.  As far as they are concerned it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE THAT Geno can develop into and decent starting quarterback in this league. Because if he does, they would have to take back the stupid, hateful and borderline racist comments they have made about the guy and lord knows they don't want to do that. 

And alot of what I hear about Geno has nothing to do with football, from people who's never even been in the same room as Geno. This is why I dont like to listen to the stories from the media when they will say anything for a story. 

Thats what I said earlier regarding Fitz. Peoples disagreement when it comes to Fitz has all to do about football. Why are we talking about Geno's personal life? It's became a soap opera. It is what it is though. We'll move forward. 

The way this organization has treated Geno has been deplorable. The guy went 8-8 as an unprepared rookie with Rex Ryan as his coach, and throwing to UPS drivers as his WR's, has done everything that has been asked of him and then some, and they sign and place a complete JAG ahead of him with no chance for competition. Its no secret to why the Jets have been so unsuccessful for so long, its moves like this. If it were a straight up competition between Geno and Fitpatrick, it would not even be close. Gene would be the clear starter.

Just now, SMC said:

Exactly.  He lasted that long because he had mega ability.  Geno doesn't.  But George's career pales to what he shouldve been based on his talent.

Disagree; Geno doesn't have George level talent but his has more than enough ability to become an effective starting quarterback.  He just needs a change of scenery and a chance to reboot his career. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's hard for me to think that Geno being a ahole is the problem. It could be, the reason why I say "it's hard for me" is because everything that we hear is filtered through the media. The media sensationalize things. I showed an example of this about a week or two ago. 

I dont know Geno Smith personally so I dont know if he's an ahole. The love for Fitz I believe has to do with Fitz and not Geno necessarily being an ahole. It very well could be, again...I dont know him. I try just to deal with the guy as a football player. There are plenty of assholes I would assume in the league, and Geno could very well be one of them. A guy who has always been viewed as an ahole is Jay Cutler, the difference? He produces enough to where people could ignore if he's in fact an ahole. 

I dont know Geno so it would be unfair to me to say that with only information from the media that I know will do/say anything for a story. 

The media sucks, but the stories are well known told from multiple sources.  Plus, we can reach our own conclusions based on the indisputable facts. So we don't need to know him personally to say he's an ahole.  We have people who know him saying he's an ahole and we have the facts, such as:

• We know of Geno's detractor teammates at WV
  • We know he stiffed a teammate out $600, refused to pay him and got his jaw broken.  Teammates did not rush to support him in the media.
  • We know that he left the draft because he didn't go in 1st round and his agent had to tell him to return for the second day

The love of Fitz is completely different and not necessarily connected to Geno.

23 minutes ago, The Troll said:

But that's the thing.  Fans keep thinking that Geno didn't get "his shot" with this offense.  Yes he has.  Practice matters.  And if Chan Gailey doesn't think Geno will work for his system, who the hell are we to argue otherwise?  The man has had success running offenses, period.  And he feels very comfortable with Fitz.  Not so much with Geno.  The Jets gave us 12 million reasons why that statement is true.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

But that's the thing.  Fans keep thinking that Geno didn't get "his shot" with this offense.  Yes he has.  Practice matters.  And if Chan Gailey doesn't think Geno will work for his system, who the hell are we to argue otherwise? 

Gailey has made it crystal clear that Geno is his preferred QB for his system. This is a classic case of the inmates running the school yard.

Well if you want to talk about guys who didn't get a chance try Greg McElroy who had one start played poorly and that was it and Matt Simms. And you can add Tebow who had no starts for the Jets and only 8 pass attempts. Geno had 29 starts. Sounds to me he was given a great opportunity with the Jets. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But that's the thing.  Fans keep thinking that Geno didn't get "his shot" with this offense.  Yes he has.  Practice matters.  And if Chan Gailey doesn't think Geno will work for his system, who the hell are we to argue otherwise?  The man has had success running offenses, period.  And he feels very comfortable with Fitz.  Not so much with Geno.  The Jets gave us 12 million reasons why that statement is true.

Gailey definitely weighed in his opinion during this hardline negotiating stance jets took with Fitz.. Giving how jets did not press hard for Fitz and allowed him to roam free for 5 months tells us gailey would have been perfectly fine with geno.. Many qbs would do as well as Fitz with gailey, Marshall, decker.. There really is nothing special about Fitz or geno.. But Fitz has lot more experience in gailey's system, and obviously more chemistry with the starting O then geno since he was with the 2nd team last yr.. And what people overlook is now we have a legit backup if Fitz goes down or tanks.. Fitz has never put decent back to back seasons ever in his career so it is smart to have geno just in case.. Petty is a #3 qb.. 

5 minutes ago, FreeGeno said:

Gailey has made it crystal clear that Geno is his preferred QB for his system. This is a classic case of the inmates running the school yard.

Lol no.. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well if you want to talk about guys who didn't get a chance try Greg McElroy who had one start played poorly and that was it and Matt Simms. And you can add Tebow who had no starts for the Jets and only 8 pass attempts. Geno had 29 starts. Sounds to me he was given a great opportunity with the Jets. 

There is a reason that all three of those guys are out of football (perhaps Matt Simms is in Buffalo but Bills drafted Cardale Jones he will probably get cut).  Say all you want about Geno but he is definitely better than those guys.  Also of the 29 starts he went 8-8 in 16 of them as a rookie.  Second year was tough but his last 4 games he showed marked improvement.  He came into camp last year as the starter and it was his job to lose.  He did NOT lose it competition but being sucker punched by a "team mate".    Then after dealing with that and watching, learning from the sidelines, you take all the 1st team reps in OTAs and mini camp and day one of training in walks the "conquering hero" and you are a back up again.  No competition, just automatically the back up. No wonder he is pissed; wouldn't you be?  

10 minutes ago, FreeGeno said:

yeah, he did, several times.

You would think he, you know, would have voiced this concern, considering that Fitzpatrick was a free agent and Geno was under contract.  Front offices generally would prefer not to spend money when they don't have to.

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Is every training camp and preseason thread going to get spammed now by the Geno supporters?  Really?  Isn't six months of this crap enough?

Dude, did you bother to READ the Topic of this Thread??  I mean it is ABOUT Geno Smith, lol.  Why bother posting in it if you don't like the content.  That would make more sense then telling people what they can and can not choose to post.  

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

There is a reason that all three of those guys are out of football (perhaps Matt Simms is in Buffalo but Bills drafted Cardale Jones he will probably get cut).  Say all you want about Geno but he is definitely better than those guys.  Also of the 29 starts he went 8-8 in 16 of them as a rookie.  Second year was tough but his last 4 games he should marked improvement.  He came into camp last year as the starter and it was his job to lose.  He did NOT lose it competition but being sucker punched by a "team mate".    Then after dealing with that and watching, learning from the sidelines, you take all the 1st team reps in OTAs and mini camp and day one of training in walks the "conquering hero" and you are a back up.  No competition, just automatically the back up. No wonder he is pissed; wouldn't you be?  

Matt Simms got no starts. If he had 29 it's kind of hard to believe he would have been more unsuccessful than Geno. By the way he's with Atlanta. Same goes for McElroy. They just never got the chance. Geno did. There's plenty of Qbs with nothing close to 29 starts like Matt Moore of the Fins who started games and played well but hasn't played in Miami. Chase Daniels, etc. Compared to many Qbs Geno has had a good shot. 

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Really?  Does that mean every defensive lineman on the roster should be PO'ed at Mo because they were here during the offseason and he was not?  Get the heck out of here.  There was a contract negotiation in progress and players not under contract ARE NOT ALLOWED to be here.

Every competitor playing a sport at a professional level should be pissed off when someone takes their spot.  Perhaps there are exceptions for players at the tail end of their careers who know that they are there for experience and mentoring reasons.

And your question is a false equivalency.  Which player lost their starting spot because of the Mo signing?  Mo was going to be here under the franchise tag anyway.

You know, it doesn't really matter who the starting QB is, because he's probably going to be replaced early in the season so this might actually be a good thing for Geno. Seriously, no more soft schedule. Fitz has to face the likes of Patrick Peterson and Richard Sherman, among others, plus the Bills' DBs who caught all of Fitz's 4Q passes in the must-win season ender last year. 

Trust me, we'll be calling Fitz's contract a rip off by game 4

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Matt Simms got no starts. If he had 29 it's kind of hard to believe he would have been more unsuccessful than Geno. By the way he's with Atlanta. Same goes for McElroy. They just never got the chance. Geno did. There's plenty of Qbs with nothing close to 29 starts like Matt Moore of the Fins who started games and played well but hasn't played in Miami. Chase Daniels, etc. Compared to many Qbs Geno has had a good shot. 

Still didn't deal with my point. He did not lose his job on the field.  So regardless of having 29 starts he lost his job because he was sucker punched by a teammate.  Not because of anything he did or didn't do on the field.

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Still didn't deal with my point. He did not lose his job on the field.  So regardless of having 29 starts he lost his job because he was sucker punched by a teammate.  Not because of anything he did or didn't do on the field.

He never was named starter under Bowles last summer. So he never lost the job. 

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Geno needs to keep working hard, have a great camp and be happy he is the back up during the brutal beginning to this schedule. It the Jets are 4 and 2 they are going to the playoffs. If they are 1 and 5, Geno will get a shot this year.

If that happens he definitely has the opportunity to Fitz the situation to his advantage lol.

33 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Every competitor playing a sport at a professional level should be pissed off when someone takes their spot.  Perhaps there are exceptions for players at the tail end of their careers who know that they are there for experience and mentoring reasons.

And your question is a false equivalency.  Which player lost their starting spot because of the Mo signing?  Mo was going to be here under the franchise tag anyway.

Up until the day before he signed there was significant speculation that Mo would not sign the franchise tag.  So no, it was not a given that he would  be here anyway.

And Fitz was the unsigned starter.  The head coach said as much.  How did anyone lose their job when he signed?

31 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

He lost his job on the field when Fitz was better.  He lost his job on the field by being the worst QB in the NFL for two straight years.  This was confirmed once Geno was healthy again and he did not get the starting job and it was doubly confirmed when Fitz got injured and the head coach STILL wanted him out there over Smith.

They Just paid $12M to get Fitzpatrick when they already had Smith in-house for free.

Stop with this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, EM31 said:

He lost his job on the field when Fitz was better.  He lost his job on the field by being the worst QB in the NFL for two straight years.  This was confirmed once Geno was healthy again and he did not get the starting job and it was doubly confirmed when Fitz got injured and the head coach STILL wanted him out there over Smith.

They Just paid $12M to get Fitzpatrick when they already had Smith in-house for free.

Stop with this nonsense.

I wish you would  really .

1 hour ago, SMC said:

More uninformed nonsense.

Archived