Geno is 'pissed off'

CanadaSteve

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Lol what? As a competitor, he has the right to be mad. He was practicing the whole summer for this and getting ready for a chance to prove himself while Fitz was playing golf. And when it seems like he will finally get another chance, Fitz is signed as the automatic starter at last minute. He never said he was pissed at anyone, it's just that who doesn't want to play out there?

Listen, whatever personal vendetta you got against him is all you, but don't go blaming him for something almost anybody would feel in their right mind.

he said he was pissed off and then back tracked thru the rest of the interview so that the media wouldn't make a big deal.  fitz was named the starter in January. whats he pissed about? hack and petty don't seemed pissed. he used a bad choice of words. he should be more pissed at himself for not taking advantage of last season. personal vendetta? get a grip. we wouldn't be having this conversation if geno took advantage of last year. he didn't. the jets owe him nothing. only thing owed to geno is what he can supply for himself. that's to get better

4 hours ago, SMC said:

The media sucks, but the stories are well known told from multiple sources.  Plus, we can reach our own conclusions based on the indisputable facts. So we don't need to know him personally to say he's an ahole.  We have people who know him saying he's an ahole and we have the facts, such as:

• We know of Geno's detractor teammates at WV
  • We know he stiffed a teammate out $600, refused to pay him and got his jaw broken.  Teammates did not rush to support him in the media.
  • We know that he left the draft because he didn't go in 1st round and his agent had to tell him to return for the second day

The love of Fitz is completely different and not necessarily connected to Geno.

I understand. Like I said, the multiple sources are usually multiple media sources. Again, the media sensationalize. Check out the video and what Geno had to say after his comment. Now im not saying that everything is false because the media said it, but you can tell based on what Geno said he's had quite a few issues with how the media reports things. I use this as an example because im getting it directly from him and not the filter'd version. 

As for your bullet points, I remember Geno specifically saying that he didnt owe IK $600 and that the situation was based on "something different". A couple days later when IK was picked up by the bills, a reporter asked him "was the situation based on $600"? IK responded by saying "No comment". Now, IK could have been trying to put the situation to rest by not confirming, but then again his entire conference was about that situation, so why have a conference about the situation then respond with "no comment"? Ultimately we dont know for sure because he didnt confirm. However, the fact that he never actually confirmed (to my knowledge) it gives me the indication that Geno's version is atleast plausible. Now we didnt see the media reporting that everyday, we saw them continuously reporting $600 that Geno denied he owed and stated that this was "something different" and that IK stated "no comment" on. Sometimes it gets to the point that when you hear something over, and over, and over again it tends to become "the truth" via repetition. 

To be honest, all of that is soap opera stuff. Im into football. Fans are holding on to this longer than Geno and IK. 

All this stuff we allegedly know means nothing to me and what im interested in. Why do we care that he tried to leave the draft in 2013? At the end of the day he didnt. I didnt even know about these teammates at WV because honestly, I just dont care. Im interested in football brother. What I see is that alot of fans take everything that doesnt have to do with football, and because they dont like what they heard they attach it to Geno "the football player". Im not big on this type of stuff. Its 2016 and Geno is busting his behind to be the Jets QB. That supersedes whatever he wanted to do...but didnt do at the draft 4 years ago. 

We need to let it go already. My opinion.

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

geno is pissed because he wasn't "gifted" his 4th straight starting qb gig. from here on out, he has to earn it

yeah, he's not as fortunate as Fitz during his "gifted" career. ;)

Fitz is the type of QB that gets to his new team and tells the starter before he goes on to the field. "Break a leg". 

7 hours ago, drdetroit said:

If Fitz goes down or regresses bigtime he will get a chance to prove himself.

Geno has alot to work hard for.  We currently have 3 young and cheap QBs. 

• Whoever steps up will be the #2 behind Fitz and will become the starter if Fitz is injured.  (Likely Geno)
  • Also the #2 has an opportunity to be the starter next year when Fitz' contract expires.  (Likely Geno)
  • Whoever finishes 3rd makes the team and has a chance to compete for the starting job next year. (Likely Hackenberg)
  • Whoever finishes 4th is likely moving to the practice squad, or released. (Likely Petty).

If Hackenberg, or Petty progress in camp this year and show they can be the starter next year Geno is at risk, since Fitz will be a better backup and mentor than Geno.

I love the depth that Macc has created on this team at almost all the positions.  Finding a franchise quarterback is like rolling the dice,  there are no guarantees you're going to find "the guy" even with a first round draft pick, so why not give yourself as many chances as possible to find a winner.

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

yeah, he's not as fortunate as Fitz during his "gifted" career. ;)

Fitz is the type of QB that gets to his new team and tells the starter before he goes on to the field. "Break a leg". 

we have had this conversation before. geno has done very little to earn a starting qb gig. I understand the fact that geno wasn't dealt a straight flush, but to say geno deserves another starting qb gig with what he has done thus far, I cant agree with that. if geno is to become a starter, let him reach that level 1st. I have no problem starting geno smith if he earns it. just because he attended ota's and got together with some nfl buddies for a weekend over the summer, doesn't mean anything. hell, it doesn't mean anything even if you are already a good player. most players do this. its nothing special.it may show determination, but being determined doesn't mean you will succeed. it might not be this year, but if geno improves to starter level, he will get his chance to be a starting qb. if he doesn't, he will be just another qb failure on a long list of qb failures

I know you were just cracking a joke that had nothing to do with my rant, but I just felt the need:D

Just now, ylekram said:

we have had this conversation before. geno has done very little to earn a starting qb gig. I understand the fact that geno wasn't dealt a straight flush, but to say geno deserves another starting qb gig with what he has done thus far, I cant agree with that. if geno is to become a starter, let him reach that level 1st. I have no problem starting geno smith if he earns it. just because he attended ota's and got together with some nfl buddies for a weekend over the summer, doesn't mean anything. hell, it doesn't mean anything even if you are already a good player. most players do this. its nothing special.it may show determination, but being determined doesn't mean you will succeed. it might not be this year, but if geno improves to starter level, he will get his chance to be a starting qb. if he doesn't, he will be just another qb failure on a long list of qb failures

I know you were just cracking a joke that had nothing to do with my rant, but I just felt the need:D

I never actually said that. 

I was just comparing Geno to our current starter. 

2 hours ago, ylekram said:

jetnut, you are so full of sh*t. you don't know what the phrase "sucker punch" means. the reason it means anything, is it is just another attempt to exaggerate what happened to poor geno.. it was said that ik told geno to "say it to his face". geno got up and got in ik's face. don't act like you don't know this. I know you like to argue, but stop with the playing dumb routine.

I don't like geno as a starting qb until he proves that he is. stop making the bullsh*t claim that I am trying to justify any bad break geno has caught because I don't like the guy

Do you even know what or why you're arguing Markiey?  It was a sucker punch.  And you're trying to pin the blame on Geno.  The HC called it what it was.  You disagree, shocking.  Even the scenario you describe is a cheap shot.  And some line of shot no one has put a name on.  One more time, how does any of this change the point.  How does it help those who like Geno?  

This is a pointless debate.  

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Have to admit I'm at a loss over this ongoing "Geno will play" idea.

What on earth has this organization done to make someone think they want to or are willing to "Give Geno a shot?"

We signed our starting QB, for better or worse, and outside of a season ending injury, he's going to be the #1 QB through till Week 16.

It would have to be a horrible abortion-level of play by Fitz to warrant/force this organization to change to another QB now.  And I doubt it'll get that bad.

If it does, frankly, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go to Petty or Hack and not Geno.

Geno's time in NY is over.  Best of luck to him in his next stop, whatever league it may be in.

Read my post, I said if they are 1 and 5 Geno will play.

And that is the truth. Now I don't see that happening. I am hoping for 4 and 2 at that point in time, worst case 3 and 3.

I like that despite the injury rate in the NFL being as high as it is, so many people are confident that Geno Smith will never see the field this year. Hey that is a great plan, hopefully Fitz puts up better numbers and stays healthy. But people speak with such a high degree of certainty. Football is a violent sport, injuries are pretty common unfortunately. Assuming that Geno is the #2 guy, he better be ready to play.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Do you even know what or why you're arguing Markiey?  It was a sucker punch.  And you're trying to pin the blame on Geno.  The HC called it what it was.  You disagree, shocking.  Even the scenario you describe is a cheap shot.  And some line of shot no one has put a name on.  One more time, how does any of this change the point.  How does it help those who like Geno?  

This is a pointless debate.  

of course it is, but that has never stopped you before. its called a sucker punch because the guy who throws such a punch is considered a "sucker", because he wasn't man enough to hit the dude with the other guy seeing it coming. did you think when ik said to geno "say that to my face", geno was whispering sweet nothings and expected ik to give him a kiss when he got in his face? if ik sucker punched geno, as you say( I could care less what bowles said as he is having the same hard time that you are deciphering what a sucker punch actually is) what would you call it if ik snuck up behind geno and broke his jaw? a sneaky sucker punch? a "from behind sucker punch"? your right, it doesn't change the point. .learn what a sucker punch is before you start sh*t with me over it

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Geno needs to keep working hard, have a great camp and be happy he is the back up during the brutal beginning to this schedule. It the Jets are 4 and 2 they are going to the playoffs. If they are 1 and 5, Geno will get a shot this year.

Geno will get his shot when Tony Romo gets hurt again, and he will fail there too. 

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

he said he was pissed off and then back tracked thru the rest of the interview so that the media wouldn't make a big deal.  fitz was named the starter in January. whats he pissed about? hack and petty don't seemed pissed. he used a bad choice of words. he should be more pissed at himself for not taking advantage of last season. personal vendetta? get a grip. we wouldn't be having this conversation if geno took advantage of last year. he didn't. the jets owe him nothing. only thing owed to geno is what he can supply for himself. that's to get better

Wrong wrong wrong. I say you have a personal vendetta because you're calling Geno out for something most people would be pissed off about. He's pissed off about putting in that work all summer only to be immediately pushed to backup despite the fact that the CS and teammates said he improved greatly. Is that hard to understand or do we have to take three? 

I'd be pissed too because the Jets danced around this contract, then want to bring a guy who has done NOTHING football-orientated the whole summer. Geno is almost guaranteed to outplay him and he will not be given a chance to even prove himself.

Geno Geno Geno, I never really know how to feel for this guy.  He has done all he could this off season and has kept pretty mum on his WR's crying for Fitz to the media.  I'm sure in the back of his mind he knew he was a signing away from riding the bench but never the less he should be frustrated.   Don't blame him and I wish him well here in NY or elsewhere in the future.

2 minutes ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

Wrong wrong wrong. Jeez, do people ever stop spewing nonsense? I say you have a personal vendetta because you're calling Geno out for something most people would be pissed off about. He's pissed off about putting in that work all summer only to be immediately pushed to backup despite the fact that the CS and teammates said he improved greatly. Is that hard to understand or do we have to take three? 

I'd be pissed too because the Jets danced around this contract, then want to bring a guy who has done NOTHING football-orientated the whole summer. Geno is almost guaranteed to outplay him and he will not be given a chance. 

Now just admit you dont like him and I can stop replying to you.

putting in what work?? ota's? nfl's version of staying loose? playing catch on a weekend with some nfl buddies? you making it sound like geno is clubber lang and rocky is fitz before the 1st fight. I have nothing against geno smith besides the fact he hasn't earned a starting gig in his nfl career. but feel free to stop replying to me if you wish. some new crying heart geno fanatic not responding to me is the least of my worries

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

putting in what work?? ota's? nfl's version of staying loose? playing catch on a weekend with some nfl buddies? you making it sound like geno is clubber lang and rocky is fitz before the 1st fight. I have nothing against geno smith besides the fact he hasn't earned a starting gig in his nfl career. but feel free to stop replying to me if you wish. some new crying heart geno fanatic not responding to me is the least of my worries

Not a Geno fanatic like you called me, just someone who has sense of things unlike some people.

The point about the work part is that he's had his mind on football all summer. Practicing with teammates and everything else football-related. What was Fitz doing? 

The CS and his teammates had a bunch of positive things to say about him all summer and you'd think that after all of this, there'd be some type of competition after Fitz sign, but nope.

So if you feel him being mad about this is wrong, well then I guess you don't understand how emotions work.

32 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

I always wonder at what point the above fact will sink in with the Geno base.

Yes football teams never bring in multiple young Qb's . this was only the Jets and only because Geno - stop with the unfounded hate.  

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Read my post, I said if they are 1 and 5 Geno will play.

And that is the truth. Now I don't see that happening. I am hoping for 4 and 2 at that point in time, worst case 3 and 3.

My friend, I read it.

What I'm telling you is that at 1-5, we're not changing to Geno.

We're not changing to Geno at all, regardless of record.

28 minutes ago, NYPaperAirplanes said:

The CS and his teammates had a bunch of positive things to say about him all summer and you'd think that after all of this, there'd be some type of competition after Fitz sign, but nope.

Actions often speak far louder than words, wouldn't you agree?

What does the Jets actions say to you?

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I honestly don't know. They keep complimenting Geno as if he can play like Fitz. So if they feel that, why bother paying Fitz 12 million? I guess they were lying it seems.

Well, if the Ryan plays poor in the season and Geno still isn't called up, he should. Why play for a city whose media and fans hate you? That type of bashing doesn't build confidence. He dug his own grave here so he's better off trying to start over somewhere else if he doesn't get a chance. I know I would.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes football teams never bring in multiple young Qb's . this was only the Jets and only because Geno - stop with the unfounded hate.  

I have no dog in this race. Fitz is simply the best of marginal QB choices for the Jets. If you've listened to the Jets HC  for the past 6 months you'd understand that there was never ever going to be a race, camp QB competition or anything else you want to believe as far as Geno was/is concerned once Fitz signed.  The comment was always the same from Geno's HC. To paraphrase...... If/when Fitz signs he is our starting QB.  Period. The last thing this coaching staff and FO wanted/wants is Geno Smith as it's 1st string QB.

My friend, I read it.

Well it is a pointless point. But at 1 and 5 with Geno on a one-year contract, Geno is getting in there. Doesn't matter, it won't happen. This defense is too good. Running game and wide receivers too. I think I could get us to 2 and 4 with my arm lol.

The Jets actions say that Fitzpatrick surprised them last year and they don't have a safer option, so they want to take another one year look.

Well you just cant make the assumption that the Jets are unified in their QB opinion. There are in fact 4 peoples opinions in play here:

Bowles

Mac

Gailey

Woody

There is no question in my mind that Bowles, (being the stereotypical defensive coach in many ways) wants the veteran even if the upside of the young guy is better

Mac I believe wants Hack in 2017 and probably views Geno and Fitz as equal in 2016

There is also no question in my mind that Gailey prefers Geno

Woody wants whatever is best for attendance this year.

Results months of ambivalence and a standoff. In the end, Woody probably said to give Bowles what he wants for this year.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

My friend, I read it.

I know this would make your explode but if Fitz starts off 1-5, making him 1 out of 7 from Bufallo on, he's going straight to the bench.   Otherwise Bowles will get killed by fans and media.  Why do teams gav backs?  In case of injury only?  

I love the losers who believe geno should have been like " sweet I can sit on the sidelines and play pokeymon with my kids like Fitzpatrick did for the past 5 months "? I'm rooting for Fitz to have a good yr back to back for the very first time in his long career ! If not geno will be ready.. Bowles isn't going to give Fitz excuses if he plays bad vs the rough schedule stretch.. I love that Fitz bet on himself.. Because he will be on a short leash and zero future plans with jets.. So he should be highly motivated..

Geno needs to be more than pissed off. He needs to show his talent in shorts and tee's can translate to his play between the lines. I felt the same about Sanchez both in my opinion had deer in the headlights mentally as well as a lack of talent around them. Nether has shown an ability to carry a team and need help to do so. Not saying Fitz has that ability just that he is able to get those around him to better off set his inadequacy. Call it what you want it's that something Fitz has developed with teammates that Geno to this point has not.

15 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Geno needs to be more than pissed off. He needs to show his talent in shorts and tee's can translate to his play between the lines. I felt the same about Sanchez both in my opinion had deer in the headlights mentally as well as a lack of talent around them. Nether has shown an ability to carry a team and need help to do so. Not saying Fitz has that ability just that he is able to get those around him to better off set his inadequacy. Call it what you want it's that something Fitz has developed with teammates that Geno to this point has not.

Geno will continue to work hard.. If Fitz can't keep us in the playoff hunt geno will play end of the yr.. Bowles won't keep playing Fitz just to rack up stats/audition for another team next yr.. Geno should have sat his first two yrs.. It's funny the morons understand hac needs to sit a yr, or two.. So if the jets played him this yr and next when he wasn't ready and didn't do well ( like geno ) we would throw him off a cliff too ? Lol .. If we hung on to farve one more yr, (09) ? When he had a near mvp yr, maybe we win the super bowl..

17 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

You Geno-fanatics should forget about that guy and start rooting for Petty and Hackenberg to have great camps and to develop over the next year. Geno is done, he's not part of this team's future.

.ic

STFU Geno. Keep your big trap shut.  To say he's 'auditioning' for 31 other teams out there is a direct insult to the NY Jets who are dumb enough to be paying this meatball nearly 2M a year, regardless if he's backing up Fitz. Trade his azz  for a 7th rounder in 2025.  This jerk has no class whatsoever.  Trust me, there will be more idiotic remarks from this AHOLE to come.  Hopefully, Mac gets it through his thick brain cells that its time to cut ties with Geno and terminate another Idziot mistake once and for all.

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Going with Geno would be truly ballsy, because despite 2 years of training camp and practice watching Geno play, he's done nothing to impress this coaching staff or GM.  They've brought in 3 new QB's to the fold because of how unimpressive he's been.  

I disagree.  He held down the worst QB rating for  the 2 years he started. Now that's impressive!  Not easy to do that one. No siree Bob. 

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets actions say that Fitzpatrick surprised them last year and they don't have a safer option, so they want to take another one year look.

Except the Jets wanted three years.

I think alot of folks, not you per se, are living in denial about all this.

The ongoing Woody Conspiracy Theory is just lol.

Archived