this seasons win/loss record as i see it

ylekram

5 minutes ago, ylekram said:

33 going on 34. not 35. while possessing a rocket for an arm(well not even close) it was adequate enough. his arm will be the same as it was last year. his arm is not going to break inside a year

His arm was not adequate.  While it might not break in a year it's certainly not going to get better.  He has the worst arm of ANY NFL starter right now. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

His arm was not adequate.  While it might not break in a year it's certainly not going to get better.  He has the worst arm of ANY NFL starter right now. 

it doesn't need to get better. his arm strength was adequate. do I wish it was stronger? sure. but its adequate. does he throw a good deep ball? no. does he throw a good intermediate ball? absolutely.

Just now, ylekram said:

it doesn't need to get better. his arm strength was adequate. do I wish it was stronger? sure. but its adequate. does he throw a good deep ball? no does he throw a good intermediate ball? absolutely.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.  It's not adequate and his journeyman career is representative of that.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.  It's not adequate and his journeyman career is representative of that.

ok. fair enough. but come the end of the season, just be around to admit you were wrong and I will do the same

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

Waaaaaay off buddy. Cincy W, @Buffalo W, @KC W, Seattle L, @Pitts L, @Arz W, Balt W, @Cleve W, @Mia L, LA W, NE L, Ind W, @SF W, Mia W, @NE L, Buffalo W

I see another 10-6 mark but WITH a playoff spot this time around.

Wait, you see 10-6 or 11-5?

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Having Fitz at least increases our win chance against a team by 30% thus it will result in more wins. It's impossible to say which teams are "wins" or "loses" in July. Anyone who says differently is BS'ing.

What's worse that we're not allowed to speculate who we might beat or lose to but with out that you put out hat we have a 40% better chance of winning because of Fitz?  Lol, sure. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Let me guess, after Arizona is when they switch Fitz for Geno, right?

You will hate it, but with our opening six games, whomever is at QB is in for a rough start. We could easily be 1-5, 2 and 4 or even  I have felt for a while that there is a greater than 50% chance that the Game 1 starter is not the Game 7 starter. Flip side to that though is if we can somewhow manage 3-3 or 4-2 we will be battle tested and there is a very good chance we make a playoff appearance. Our entire season is those 6 games.

41 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You will hate it, but with our opening six games, whomever is at QB is in for a rough start. We could easily be 1-5, 2 and 4 or even  I have felt for a while that there is a greater than 50% chance that the Game 1 starter is not the Game 7 starter. Flip side to that though is if we can somewhow manage 3-3 or 4-2 we will be battle tested and there is a very good chance we make a playoff appearance. Our entire season is those 6 games.

I agree.  I was expecting that if Geno was th guy and got off to a 1-5 start these fans would be screaming to go sign Fitz or anyone else for that matter.  

If Fitz starts off 1-5, so what.  He's the starter through thick and thin.  Sure guys.  Dream on, not happening. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What's worse that we're not allowed to speculate who we might beat or lose to but with out that you put out hat we have a 40% better chance of winning because of Fitz?  Lol, sure. 

I appreciate the respect in asking for my permission: you may now speculate. All I'm saying is I have no idea in July who we will win or lose to, but that having Fitz behind center gives us a better shot in each game than Geno. You guys really grasping at straws to create a controversy where there is none.

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I think with a better defense than last season a much more effective Fitzpatrick the addition of Forte and a healthy Amaro we should have no problem winning 11-12 games. 

We will come out of the gate on fire we will destroy Buffalo to avenge last years 2 losses 

The 2016 NY Jets are the sleeper team in the AFC 

I actually totally agree with you. The core of the team is playing together in year two. If you go team by team, it's really not that bad of a schedule. Not easy - but not as bad as first glance would make you think.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I appreciate the respect in asking for my permission: you may now speculate. All I'm saying is I have no idea in July who we will win or lose to, but that having Fitz behind center gives us a better shot in each game than Geno. You guys really grasping at straws to create a controversy where there is none.

What's with the you guys nonsense?  All I ever said is I'd like to see Geno with the weapons we have now and that I'm not sure that I buy into the idea that the team is appreciably better because Fitz is under center.  Sorry, hope I'm wrong but to me that's 12 mil we could have spent somewhere else.  

5 hours ago, King P said:

What teams on the list do you believe we'd beat w/ Fitz but lose to against Geno?

Pittsburgh, Kansas City (this one is the hardest to make a case for because of their deadly defense), Indy, and Baltimore.  Those right there are teams that I personally feel Geno would probably lose and be directly responsible for the loss.  Im sure everyone here knows how I feel about the whole Fitzpatrick-Geno thing. Now that I don't have to worry about Fitz being paid more than he's worth and he came to his senses I'm more than happy to discuss his play rather than his finances.  

Geno's ceiling is higher, but his floor is much much lower.  I can't possibly see him getting into a shoot-out with Big Ben or Andrew Luck and avoiding the absolutely mind-numbing, bone-headed mistakes. Nor can I see him checking into the right plays and leading a proper charge by knowing how to be "safer" (I say it like that because although we saw Fitz do that at times last year, he still turns the ball over a bit) against tough defenses like KC and Baltimore (<--- who I expect to be much better)

Geno: 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, and in a PERFECT situation 9-7 or 10-6 mayyyyyybe 11-5.  However I'm talking "light bulb REALLY went on and we sweep the Pats" type perfect situation.  

Fitz: 8-8, 9-7, 10-6.  I don't think any more than that barring a team on our schedule suffering a serious setback. 

Truth be told I think this team is going to be a lot better in many aspects but I'm not sure the record will reflect that.

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What's with the you guys nonsense?  All I ever said is I'd like to see Geno with the weapons we have now and that I'm not sure that I buy into the idea that the team is appreciably better because Fitz is under center.  Sorry, hope I'm wrong but to me that's 12 mil we could have spent somewhere else.  

Did you have your eyes glued shut in Oakland 2015?

10 hours ago, ylekram said:

Cincinnati-win

@ buffalo-loss

@Kansas city-loss

seattle-win

@pittsburg-loss

@Arizona-loss

Baltimore-win

@Cleveland-win

@Miami-win

los angeles-win

new England-lose

Indianapolis-win

@san Francisco-win

Miami-win

@new England-loss

buffalo-win

Can easily see 1 or 2 in either direction swinging opposite ... This would be my most likely take though

sorry, not smart enough to remove Yeikram name from quote ... Should say LJR instead

26 minutes ago, ljr said:

I'm all for good examples to prove a point. Oakland 2015 isn't one of them.  Even the articles following the game said he wasn't that bad.

Geno, cold off the bench matched an average Fitz stat line.  If you are going to reply with the big hit he took or the running out of bounds then don't ignore the fact that Fitzpatrick's utterly stupid refusal slide is what put Geno back on the field in the first place.  He threw one pick that was a heave and a prayer before halftime  but for the most part, he looked solid.  I'm pretty sure you or someone else will also mention that the Oakland defense started to play soft.  That too is BS.  Our defense not being able to cover anything, even if it was GLUED to them, and effectively putting our offense in an insurmountable hole is not EITHER QB's fault.  The numbers that Fitzpatrick would have hypothetically put up had he not been injured would have counted just the same.

Geno Smith's stupid decision to let $600 become a huge deal is the ONLY reason that Fitzpatrick got on the field last year.  It's also the one event that is going to ultimately end his Jets career. The reason the Jets decided that they needed to give Fitzpatrick 12mil to start isn't because of Oakland 2015.  It's because Geno Smith showed the team that he's not worth trusting.  His play since Rex's departure has warranted a second chance.  Problem is he destroyed and faith in him when he got into that fight.  It's a decision that I may not totally agree with...but it's certainly one that I understand and, in no way shape or form, hold against the team.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll save you the suspense: you are wrong.

I think we're going to improve more than people think. We are as good a team as any if we are healthy.

Mauldin, Amaro, Pryor, Williamson all have breakout years. Clady and Forte both have resurgent years. I think we find a way to get all three big DEs on the field together in big spots.

Special teams become a plus instead of an albatross. Good field position creates a 10 point swing most games. 

I think we sweep NE, and Buff. Split the games with the good teams (4-4) and lose no more than one of the games against lousy teams (7-1).

11-5

I don't expect to stay healthy all year, but hopefully enough to make the playoffs and I'm hoping we are healthy for them. The tough schedule will galvanize us for a deep run.  

I'm holding out hope that Fitz & the offense are much better out of the gate. It's the 2nd year in Chans offense so most of the offense is already known by the starting skill players. Forte needs that hammy to heal so he can contribute right away & not screw up any blocking assignments. I'm fine with Bilal Powell getting more reps if he knows the offense better.

I think our offense will be ahead of our defense early because we're developing our young LB group. Our biggest issue with these 1st six games is how good the secondaries are that we play. Fitz has not had a lot of success vs top defenses in his career.

Bengals, Bills, Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals have very good secondaries! Some of the best in the entire league. Steelers are the only team we play in the 1st six that have an average defense but their offense is top 3, but we play them in Pittsburgh.

2-4 would be acceptable. But here's how I see it. We MUST win those 1st two games. Cincy @ home without Eifert or Burfict is a must win. Shut down their run & take out AJ Greene, force Lafell & a rookie WR to beat us. Don't turn the ball over & hope that Folk is on point with a couple of 50 & over FGs. 

At Buffalo. Watkins is coming back from a foot injury, we've lost 4 in a row to the Bills and are due to reverse that trend. Fitz has got to have one of his best games & get us over this hump. 2-0 out of the gate is imperative! With a 2-0 start Bowles can coach much more aggressive over the next 4 games. We'd only really need to win one of four to end those really tough 6 games at 3-3.

At Chiefs? Our defense won't have to worry about the deep ball & should be able to stifle Reeds dink & dunk offense. Let Revis get physical with Maclin & toss him around a bit within those 1st five yards.

Seahawks? Very tough to keep Wilson under wraps, let's hope without Lynch, the loss of a few free agents over the last 2 years has brought them back to the pack. Helps a lot playing them at home.

At Cardinals? I know nothing about the Cards offensive line but if they have any weaknesses, Todd will be sending the house! Carson Palmer & Ariens like to go deep, well that takes time & Palmer is a f*cking statue & slow as sh*t! Our best chance in this game is take the air out of the ball & turn their offense over with some strip sacks & hitting the old slow man a lot.

At Steelers? Another ball control move the chains game. As long as Big Ben & Bell and Brown are watching from the sidelines we can control the game but it is a MUST to get TDs in the redzone. Keep it close & hope Folk can hit a long FG to win it. 

My thoughts are if we can win our 1st two it's highly likely that we steal at least one of the next 4 even though we'll be underdogs in all 4. All four are very good but so are our Jets. Win those 1st two & we'll be in the division hunt all year. 

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'm all for good examples to prove a point. Oakland 2015 isn't one of them.  Even the articles following the game said he wasn't that bad.

Geno, cold off the bench matched an average Fitz stat line.  If you are going to reply with the big hit he took or the running out of bounds then don't ignore the fact that Fitzpatrick's utterly stupid refusal slide is what put Geno back on the field in the first place.  He threw one pick that was a heave and a prayer before halftime  but for the most part, he looked solid.  I'm pretty sure you or someone else will also mention that the Oakland defense started to play soft.  That too is BS.  Our defense not being able to cover anything, even if it was GLUED to them, and effectively putting our offense in an insurmountable hole is not EITHER QB's fault.  The numbers that Fitzpatrick would have hypothetically put up had he not been injured would have counted just the same.

Geno Smith's stupid decision to let $600 become a huge deal is the ONLY reason that Fitzpatrick got on the field last year.  It's also the one event that is going to ultimately end his Jets career. The reason the Jets decided that they needed to give Fitzpatrick 12mil to start isn't because of Oakland 2015.  It's because Geno Smith showed the team that he's not worth trusting.  His play since Rex's departure has warranted a second chance.  Problem is he destroyed and faith in him when he got into that fight.  It's a decision that I may not totally agree with...but it's certainly one that I understand and, in no way shape or form, hold against the team.

My bad ... Thought I was responding to Jet Nut saying he had never seen Geno play with the weapons we have now ... Silly me

9 hours ago, ljr said:

Can easily see 1 or 2 in either direction swinging opposite ... This would be my most likely take though

sorry, not smart enough to remove Yeikram name from quote ... Should say LJR instead

copy and paste

10 hours ago, ljr said:

Actually I watched.  Don't know what game you watched.  2-1 TD to INT ratio, more yards than typically thrown by Fitz against a team that pummeled our defense and put us in comeback mode immediate.  From a QB who missed camp, preseason and hadn't played in a game.

Do you guys know the game or what you saw?  whats the big bitch from you?  A sack you didn't like while he's trying to make something happen? Or that he "allowed" himself to get hit and risk injury because Fitz was out.  And picked up big yardage and a 1st on?  Maybe my all time favorite stupid complaint from a fanbase.

1 hour ago, ljr said:

My bad ... Thought I was responding to Jet Nut saying he had never seen Geno play with the weapons we have now ... Silly me

Not silly, pretty much your only post since the season ended.  

6 hours ago, jgb said:

I'll save you the suspense: you are wrong.

Nice of you to save whatever you believe needs saving.  q

Something special about the ones who are so pompous that they think their opinion is the only one that counts and is always right.  

Unless Geno gets into game action we won't know but thanks for the heads up, we'll see.  I'm betting Geno gets in and hope he plays well.  You'll be rooting against him. 

Pretty pathetic when the talking heads on ESPN are seeing the Jets in the Playoffs this year and our own fan base has us winning 6 games.... 

Defense:

I think little kitty shows this team and more importantly opposing offenses just what he is, a beast!  last year he had kid muscles at 20 yo, this year he starts to show his man strength aka strungth!!! I say he beasts so hard with mo and sheldon we have a better dline w/o snacks.  With our revamped LBs I think these teams that were high last year will feel our strength when we punch them in the mush.  We have the potential to be a violent defense, i hope bowles brings it!!!

Offense:

Well...what is there to say? Offense should be even better than what we saw last year.  Upgrade at LT, 2nd year players should be on the field and everyone in the system for a second year, you will have to think we will be able to be more complex as a 2nd year unit.  Weapons at WR/RB gives us no excuses to move the ball and put up points. 

10-6 min with a playoff berth.  bring the ruckus!

1 hour ago, ljr said:

My bad...thought this was an open forum where you can openly engage with anyone that decides to publicly state something on said forum...silly me.

You want to make a point and have no one else critique it?  If that's the case you should probably explore the wonders of the PM function.

I think the offense is a little better, even with the uncertainty on the OL.  Fitz's 2016 season mirrors 2015.  I think the defense takes a step back.  Too much time on the shelf for wilk, revis, etc.. Who knows what's going on with Sheldon, drug/alcohol rehab possibly?  Also the snacks loss will show against the run.  STs is the wildcard.  We might actually have a legit return man for once.   Schedule is brutual.  Low end 7-9, top end 10-6.  With that said, you add in the Brady suspension, the division as a whole may have an off year.  Could be one of those years when 9-7 with the right tiebreakers wins the AFCE.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually I watched. whats the big bitch from you?  .

15 hours ago,  Jet Nut said: 

"  All I ever said is I'd like to see Geno with the weapons we have now"

If that "you" is singular in my direction lol ... The beef is don't lie , you have seen him don't pretend you haven't 

Archived