this seasons win/loss record as i see it

ylekram

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Nice of you to save whatever you believe needs saving.  q

Something special about the ones who are so pompous that they think their opinion is the only one that counts and is always right.  

Unless Geno gets into game action we won't know but thanks for the heads up, we'll see.  I'm betting Geno gets in and hope he plays well.  You'll be rooting against him. 

Your opinion counts, but it's still wrong. 45% of people will vote for a candidate who loses in November. Their vote still counts, they just didn't win. Same thing here. 

11 hours ago, Mogglez said:

My bad...thought this was an open forum where you can openly engage with anyone that decides to publicly state something on said forum...silly me.

You want to make a point and have no one else critique it?  If that's the case you should probably explore the wonders of the PM function.

I'm happy to engage you openly in any discussion you like and critique to our hearts content

So now please clarify for me ... What is your issue?

Are you trying to also say the Raider game last year doesn't count when discussing the WR's Geno has had to throw to?

Are you trying to debate Geno's performance in that game as being good, bad, or ugly?

Do you have some other ball stroking of Geno that you are trying to get away with performing and not wanting to be engaged, critiqued, or discussed on yourself?  Please feel free to respond either here or with your wonder filled PM function that you are so proud of.

51 minutes ago, jgb said:

Your opinion counts, but it's still wrong. 45% of people will vote for a candidate who loses in November. Their vote still counts, they just didn't win. Same thing here. 

That is an idiotic analogy that makes absolutely no sense, has nothing to do with the discussion.  What you believe, an idea that can't be proven or disproven, isn't fact.  Your can say it over and over again but you can't prove that a QB who doesn't play couldn't play better than Fitz.  

But hey, to you its a fact and you're right while others are wrong.  Congrats.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That is an idiotic analogy that makes absolutely no sense, has nothing to do with the discussion.  What you believe, an idea that can't be proven or disproven, isn't fact.  Your can say it over and over again but you can't prove that a QB who doesn't play couldn't play better than Fitz.  

Thanks for clarifying, but for someone who is arguing vociferously how all opinions should count, it sure sounds like you don't count my opinion that your opinion is wrong. In my opinion that might be defined as hypocrisy. In my opinion, of course.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Thanks for clarifying, but for someone who is arguing vociferously how all opinions should count, it sure sounds like you don't count my opinion that your opinion is wrong. In my opinion that might be defined as hypocrisy. In my opinion, of course.

acting the twit always helps when the argument is done. 

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

acting the twit always helps when the argument is done. 

You're going to have to explain that one, does look like a personal attack but don't want to jump to conclusions based solely on my opinion. Cheers

3 hours ago, ljr said:

I'm happy to engage you openly in any discussion you like and critique to our hearts content

So now please clarify for me ... What is your issue?

Are you trying to also say the Raider game last year doesn't count when discussing the WR's Geno has had to throw to?

Are you trying to debate Geno's performance in that game as being good, bad, or ugly?

Do you have some other ball stroking of Geno that you are trying to get away with performing and not wanting to be engaged, critiqued, or discussed on yourself?  Please feel free to respond either here or with your wonder filled PM function that you are so proud of.

I'll try keep it short and quick here because honestly, I meant no disrespect when I said "critique".  I just enjoy football debate is all.  

No the Raider game counts. My opinion of his performance was that it wasn't far off from a typical Fitzpatrick stat line.  That's what I believe Geno is capable of with this offense and these weapons.  It's why I would have been pissed if Mac had given Fitz any more than 12mil. Other than the punch incident along with other off-the-field stuff, I believe that Geno is very close to Fitzpatrick in terms of skill.  It's also why I have no problem or take no issue with those who wanted to see Geno this season (Jet Nut). You're good people LJR.  Apologies for coming off crass.

For the record, I'm sure that most here know that I am in no way shape or form a ball washer of Geno.  I was the driver of "trade the draft for a QB" two years ago because of how badly I wanted one of Mariota or Winston.  That all being said, if it meant saving big money to roll into next year, I could have dealt with Geno for one more year.  That's all.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

nah, you are wrong as usual,,its pretty sad actually HUGELY sad...

On July 31, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Jetster said:

At Chiefs? Our defense won't have to worry about the deep ball & should be able to stifle Reeds dink & dunk offense. Let Revis get physical with Maclin & toss him around a bit within those 1st five yards

This is exactly how every team is going to approach the Jets this year. In today's NFL, it seems like every team's bread and butter is the short to medium range passing game, what offenses do to keep defenses honest is to alternatively throw it deep and run the football. The Jets aren't effectively throwing it deep with Fitzpatrick, and while Forte is a plus in the passing game, he's a potential downgrade in the rushing department. Ivory specialized in yards after contact, an imperative behind the Jets OL. Teams are going to cheat forward to flood those short/medium pass zones without being afraid of getting beaten by the run or deep pass. Khiry Robinson being on the PUP hurts here, as he's probably the best hope the Jets have for a bruising back. 

Keys for offensive improvement are Forte not falling prey to the age of 30, Clady being an upgrade over Brick, and finding a consistent fourth receiving option in Amaro or maybe even UDFA sensation Jalin Marshall. 

Defensively, how quickly the young LBs come up to speed is critical. The CB opposite Revis, too. If Milliner can miraculously stay healthy and play at defensive rookie of the month levels for a whole season, that alone would solidify this defense as beastly. Big if, though, obviously. 

Special teams were the glaring weakness last year, and the team is relying on a rookie punter -unopposed- to make a difference. I like the kicker competition, though. Returners are still unsettled. This group remains a question mark until we see improvement on the field. 

I think we start the season 1-5 or 2-4.  Legit.  The way the schedule is stacked the D's they have to face, it aint good. 

Bengals, @Bills, @KC - I see them all as losses.  3 very good defensive teams who have the corners to take the short stuff away and the pass rush to disrupt Fitz.  2 terrible road games at 2 of the toughest places to play in the league.

I actually like how they stack against Seattle.  Mainly because I think they're offense is mediocre and west coast teams dont typically play well on the east, especially at 1pm.

@Steelers, @Cardinals - those games are going to be absolute blow outs.  The Jets will get absolutely destroyed.

So...1-5?  Maybe we sneak a win out where I dont see one...possibly opening day...but I doubt it.  

Then they get a nice soft schedule before the Bye.

Raves, @Browns, @Dolphags, Rams - I think we get caught by the Dolphags on the road and come out of this stretch 3-1 putting us at 4-6.

Then it's do or die time with the Pats twice remaining on the schedule.  

Patriots, Colts, @49'ers, Dolphags, @Patriots, Bills.  I think the Pats sweep us this year as do the Bills.  But, I think we take the Colts and Dolphags at home and we take the sh*tty 49'ers on the road.  

The Jets will tease us just enough winning 3 in a row down the stretch but then break your heart losing back to back division games with the playoffs on the line for a grand total record of - 8-8.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think we start the season 1-5 or 2-4.  Legit.  The way the schedule is stacked the D's they have to face, it aint good. 

Bengals, @Bills, @KC - I see them all as losses.  3 very good defensive teams who have the corners to take the short stuff away and the pass rush to disrupt Fitz.  2 terrible road games at 2 of the toughest places to play in the league.

I actually like how they stack against Seattle.  Mainly because I think they're offense is mediocre and west coast teams dont typically play well on the east, especially at 1pm.

@Steelers, @Cardinals - those games are going to be absolute blow outs.  The Jets will get absolutely destroyed.

So...1-5?  Maybe we sneak a win out where I dont see one...possibly opening day...but I doubt it.  

Then they get a nice soft schedule before the Bye.

Raves, @Browns, @Dolphags, Rams - I think we get caught by the Dolphags on the road and come out of this stretch 3-1 putting us at 4-6.

Then it's do or die time with the Pats twice remaining on the schedule.  

Patriots, Colts, @49'ers, Dolphags, @Patriots, Bills.  I think the Pats sweep us this year as do the Bills.  But, I think we take the Colts and Dolphags at home and we take the sh*tty 49'ers on the road.  

The Jets will tease us just enough winning 3 in a row down the stretch but then break your heart losing at home in back to back division games for a grand total record of - 8-8.

No logical way to counter what you are saying.  It all makes perfect sense and the prognostication they will win enough to tease us is prettying standard at this point. Yet we can hope couple thing fall our way and we steal a couple extra wins here and there.  But yes, 8/8 seems a pretty reasonable pre season prediction.  

15 minutes ago, slats said:

This is exactly how every team is going to approach the Jets this year. In today's NFL, it seems like every team's bread and butter is the short to medium range passing game, what offenses do to keep defenses honest is to alternatively throw it deep and run the football. The Jets aren't effectively throwing it deep with Fitzpatrick, and while Forte is a plus in the passing game, he's a potential downgrade in the rushing department. Ivory specialized in yards after contact, an imperative behind the Jets OL. Teams are going to cheat forward to flood those short/medium pass zones without being afraid of getting beaten by the run or deep pass. Khiry Robinson being on the PUP hurts here, as he's probably the best hope the Jets have for a bruising back. 

Keys for offensive improvement are Forte not falling prey to the age of 30, Clady being an upgrade over Brick, and finding a consistent fourth receiving option in Amaro or maybe even UDFA sensation Jalin Marshall. 

Defensively, how quickly the young LBs come up to speed is critical. The CB opposite Revis, too. If Milliner can miraculously stay healthy and play at defensive rookie of the month levels for a whole season, that alone would solidify this defense as beastly. Big if, though, obviously. 

Special teams were the glaring weakness last year, and the team is relying on a rookie punter -unopposed- to make a difference. I like the kicker competition, though. Returners are still unsettled. This group remains a question mark until we see improvement on the field. 

Not sure who the Chiefs 2nd WR is? Love Revis getting physical with Maclin. Pryor did pretty well on Gronk who's 30% better than any other TE in the league. It's a helluva lot easier to dink & dunk throwing to big guys like Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Amaro. I'm not sure that Alex Smith has that same luxury of size, even Maclin is a slight receiver. When teams cheat forward, Powell killed them with those short catches over the cheaters. I don't know what Powells YPC were last year but it was HIGH. 

As long as Forte or Powell are available on game day, Fitz will have a full compliment of weapons.

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Right, Mr Pompous adding his 2 cents.

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Lol, self-awareness doesn't seem to be your thing these days Nuts.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No logical way to counter what you are saying.  It all makes perfect sense and the prognostication they will win enough to tease us is prettying standard at this point. Yet we can hope couple thing fall our way and we steal a couple extra wins here and there.  But yes, 8/8 seems a pretty reasonable pre season prediction.  

It's a bit of a cop-out.  Mainly because I really dont know.  I think there are some factors that could have that number +/-  2 wins in either direction.  And I think that start to the season is brutal.  

For example, if Fitz goes out or god for bid, Revis, Mangold.  That's bad news.  Or Marshall for that matter because lets face it, there is no way Fitz is as effective without him.  I think those types of losses could significantly impact the season negatively and at their age really isnt out of the question.  

The other thing that I think is fooling some is the 10 wins last year.  It was a bit of a facade.  For a cupcake of a schedule as they had, they needed some breaks to get to 10. Hell, they barely beat Kellen Moore on the worst Cowboys team in the last 26 years. 

Archived