Jets in Kansas City

On July 31, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Who is going and tailgating?  I am looking at tickets on SH behind the Jets bench prices are pretty cheap.  Would like to try to get as many of us near each other as possible.  Anyone know if which color parking pass is best to have?

(Raises hand) I'll be in section 129 row 35 with 3 jets fans and a Chiefs fan and am staying at stay bridge Saturday night only. My buddy is a chiefs fan and is driving a van in to tailgate. Right now there's 5 of us going in his van and doing a little tailgate. If there's room you can go in with us if you like? Let me just double check with him first if there is room lol

On 8/1/2016 at 7:42 PM, BP said:

(Raises hand) I'll be in section 129 row 35 with 3 jets fans and a Chiefs fan and am staying at stay bridge Saturday night only. My buddy is a chiefs fan and is driving a van in to tailgate. Right now there's 5 of us going in his van and doing a little tailgate. If there's room you can go in with us if you like? Let me just double check with him first if there is room lol

What color parking pass do you guys have?  I have to get one.  I've been looking at 103 and 135 to sit.  I never get to sit lower level sidelines for anything lol.  These tickets are peanuts compared to most places.

On August 1, 2016 at 7:42 PM, BP said:

Lot K is good people. He sits two rows in front of me at MetLife. I'll vouch for him (not that you trust me anyway)

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

What color parking pass do you guys have?  I have to get one.  I've been looking at 103 and 135 to sit.  I never get to sit lower level sidelines for anything lol.  These tickets are peanuts compared to most places.

Why do you need a parking pass? I think its a cash lot dude. I think its only our a$$hole owner that does this sh*t with the parking passes. we basically could have parked anywhere we wanted last time. game is at 3pm local time, lots open at 11am and usually its a long ass line before they open. they sell beer in the stands there, its pretty cool. they pass the beers down your row and you pass the cash back down the row to the beer guy (that would never work at metlife lol). and getting in and out of that stadium is a god send. old fashioned ramps like giants stadium used to have. picture Giants stadium without a mezzanine (thats why its so loud)

4 hours ago, BP said:

Why do you need a parking pass? I think its a cash lot dude. I think its only our a$$hole owner that does this sh*t with the parking passes. we basically could have parked anywhere we wanted last time. game is at 3pm local time, lots open at 11am and usually its a long ass line before they open. they sell beer in the stands there, its pretty cool. they pass the beers down your row and you pass the cash back down the row to the beer guy (that would never work at metlife lol). and getting in and out of that stadium is a god send. old fashioned ramps like giants stadium used to have. picture Giants stadium without a mezzanine (thats why its so loud)

They sell parking passes online but I guess it's for a different area.  Do you have to pay an arm and a leg for beers like you do out here?

5 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

They sell parking passes online but I guess it's for a different area.  Do you have to pay an arm and a leg for beers like you do out here?

I think the beers were $9 each lol and I only bought one round. The other two people I was with bought the next two rounds. 3 beers $30 hahaha I didn't care I just don't make a habit of doing that.

a long long time ago when I had season tickets with my brother we would bring in a big Italian bread into giants stadium that was hollowed out and had a bottle of Bacardi in it. The top of the bread could be pulled off and put back on to pour drinks. We used to get laughed at all the time. Last time I snuck booze in was the last game ever at giants stadium. January 2010, the Sunday night win and were in against the bengals. Plastic flask under skull cap, it was like 2 degrees that night

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for two tickets -- I have two extra seats,  section 118, row 25.  Around 30 yard line on Chiefs sideline.  I am going with my son -- but I have two extra seats since a buddy cancelled on  me.  Just loking to get what  I paid for them (face value plus TM fees).  I would rather sell them to a fellow Jet fan than put them up on stubhub.  PM me if interested.

9 hours ago, Lith said:

If anyone is looking for two tickets -- I have two extra seats,  section 118, row 25.  Around 30 yard line on Chiefs sideline.  I am going with my son -- but I have two extra seats since a buddy cancelled on  me.  Just loking to get what  I paid for them (face value plus TM fees).  I would rather sell them to a fellow Jet fan than put them up on stubhub.  PM me if interested.

@Savage69  here you go kid!! 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:49 PM, BP said:

I think it is slightly cheaper buying it early.  I used parking outside the parking lot (long ass walk) and parked in J another time.  Whether Royals or Chiefs, getting out of there is a pain unless inclement weather or blow-out.

On August 22, 2016 at 4:53 PM, PFSIKH said:

I think it is slightly cheaper buying it early.  I used parking outside the parking lot (long ass walk) and parked in J another time.  Whether Royals or Chiefs, getting out of there is a pain unless inclement weather or blow-out.

I had a great time last time I was there. All the Chiefs fans were really cool and the game day xp was awesome.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Seriously thinking about doing this trip after finding some decent airfare.

You gotta go, kid. Joebaby is doing a big tailgate there

2 hours ago, BP said:

I had a great time last time I was there. All the Chiefs fans were really cool and the game day xp was awesome.

You gotta go, kid. Joebaby is doing a big tailgate there

OMFG....will do everything I can to make it happen.

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I saw some group on Instagram is doing a trip.  Never heard any updates from Tailgate Joe again.  

Looking to buy my seats soon.  Where is everyone sitting?  I'm looking in 103 and 135 unless there are group tickets somewhere.  

Section 129 row 35 seats 20-24

4 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I saw some group on Instagram is doing a trip.  Never heard any updates from Tailgate Joe again.  

Looking to buy my seats soon.  Where is everyone sitting?  I'm looking in 103 and 135 unless there are group tickets somewhere.  

I have two that I am trying to sell in Sec 118, Row 25 -- Chiefs sideline, but really good seats around the 30-40 yard line.  PM me if you are interested.

12 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Tickets for this place are dirt cheap compared to Metlife.  Are you guys tailgating?

Dude it's ridiculous how cheap they are lol Yes I'm pre shipping pork roll and we're making scotch eggs and polish dogs. Probably some burgers too.

3 hours ago, BP said:

Sucks to be you lol I drove to St. Louis before and Kansas City is all the way on the end of Missouri right on the Kansas border. You should drive down for the Miami game.

Thanks for the geography lesson. I don't own a map so this information is very helpful. Should I have any other questions I will let you know.

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks for the geography lesson. I don't own a map so this information is very helpful. Should I have any other questions I will let you know.

I am glad I could help. You sounded confused with that post and I just wanted to point you in the right direction. Any time kid.

2 minutes ago, BP said:

I am glad I could help. You sounded confused with that post and I just wanted to point you in the right direction. Any time kid.

For the record you have never been a help. Ever. Except the time you bought me a Jets lamp for my desk. Because it is dark in my basement. So that was a help. But never before that and never after that were you a help again.

Just now, Maxman said:

For the record you have never been a help. Ever. Except the time you bought me a Jets lamp for my desk. Because it is dark in my basement. So that was a help. But never before that and never after that were you a help again.

it wasn't for your basement, it was for your new cubicle. Yes, I said cubicle. And I'm sorry for recommending the reputation system :rl:

On 9/1/2016 at 10:18 PM, BP said:

it wasn't for your basement, it was for your new cubicle. Yes, I said cubicle. And I'm sorry for recommending the reputation system :rl:

You, like Roger Clemens, seem to be misremembering.

The lamp was for my office. After a promotion. Out of a cubicle, into an office. But I digress, lol.

I just saw this link before from the Chiefs.  I bought myself a red parking pass.  Cost $31.50 with fees.  Now I need to figure out how to print the thing.  Click the link to view the whole story.

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Announce-Parking-Details-for-2016-Season/66c339ae-f2de-4051-94d5-d73714c24921

Chiefs Announce Parking Details for 2016 Season

Posted Jul 27, 2016

•  
  •  

What you need to know about parking in 2016

In an effort to continue improving the parking process for events at Arrowhead Stadium, the Chiefs have announced parking enhancements to be implemented for the 2016 season.

“The NFL ranks the gameday experience at Arrowhead as one of the best in the league. We are proud of our staff and our fans for the energy they bring every game,” Chiefs President Mark Donovan said. “While our ratings for parking and traffic have improved after implementing a new traffic system in 2014, we believe more improvement is necessary. The additional procedures we are implementing for 2016 are designed to build on the changes made in 2014.”

The most notable change for fans beginning in 2016 is the joining of two tiers of parking at the Truman Sports Complex. What used to be known as General parking (cash parking on game day) is now being combined with Red parking. The result makes Red parking the new base tier of parking at Arrowhead Stadium. By offering fewer parking pass tiers, it takes less time to sort vehicles and should keep traffic moving at a steady rate. This also incentivizes the earliest-arriving fans with spots closest to the stadium.

Other important aspects of the parking experience are outlined below with detailed descriptions in the following pages.

• Advance Purchase and Pricing
  • Traffic Patterns and Flow
  • Tailgating and Early Arrival
  • Drop-off and Pick-up Availability

“Our operations team undertakes a difficult challenge every time we have a game, and that is to get 76,000 people into the Truman Sports Complex and Arrowhead Stadium in a safe and timely manner,” Donovan said. “We will continue working hard to deliver a process that we are proud of and that ultimately delivers a better experience for Chiefs fans.”

All fans can find updated parking information, including links to purchase parking, a map of the Truman Sports Complex and tailgating code of conduct at www.chiefs.com/parking. Chiefs Season Ticket Members and all Chiefs fans with questions are encouraged to contact the Chiefs Fan Experience Department at fanexperience@chiefs.com or by calling (816) 920-4237.

ADVANCE PURCHASE AND PRICING

To continue reducing transaction times at the tollbooths and to better streamline the parking process, all fans, both Season Ticket Members and single-game purchasers, are strongly encouraged to pre-purchase parking passes. Passes will be available for pre-purchase up to four and a half hours prior to kickoff.

Data collected at Arrowhead Stadium over the past season shows that a pre-paid parking pass can move through the tollgates up to twice as fast as a vehicle paying cash, with up to 14 prepaid pass vehicles processed in one minute vs. seven cash vehicles over the same period. Pre-paid parking passes may be purchased at the Chiefs Ticket Office or at www.chiefs.com/parking. Fans have the option to pre-purchase parking passes on a full season or game-by-game basis. All parking purchases are subject to applicable fees. Pre-paid single-game (Red) parking will be $30.

Parking prices at the tollgates on gameday in 2016 will be $40 cash to incentivize purchasing in advance. The $40 cash parking fee is subject to change based on the game while the advanced purchase price of $30 is fixed, but limited. Continuing in 2016, Gate 5 will remain a pass-only gate.

2016 Season Parking Prices

• $600 Platinum (limited availability, full-season only)
  • $500 Gold (limited availability, full-season only)
  • $300 Red
  • $700 RV/Bus

2016 Single-Game Parking Prices

• $30 Red (only pre-paid single-game parking pass option)
  • $40 Cash parking on gameday (will park in closest Red lot with parking remaining)
  • $70 RV/Bus

Limited quantities of premium parking passes, including Platinum (Lots M and E) and Gold (front rows of Lots B, C, D, F, G and H) are subject to availability and are sold on full-season plans only. Red parking (Lots A, J, L N, O and the remaining portions of Lots B, C, D, F, G and H) is sold on both full-season and game-by-game plans. A parking map is available at www.chiefs.com/parking.

On August 1, 2016 at 7:42 PM, BP said:

Ok, I'm in, just booked the flight for my bodyguard and I.  We are staying in the Country Club Plaza area and wouldn't mind tailgating with you guys if that is ok (I'll bring some supplies obviously).  I have a friend in KC working on my tickets.  

Archived