Jets in Kansas City

12 hours ago, maury77 said:

I'm going to KC with a group of 9, hopefully no one gets arrested :)

What do you guys do about tailgating on the road? Does KC have any tailgate parties like Green Bay does?

The Chiefs do have a Chief Tailgate according to their website.  $45 for all you can eat and two drink tickets.  Gotham City Crew is doing a Jets tailgate, which I am thinking about, but at $100 a person, its a bit pricey.  Tailgate Joe also has something up on his site about doing a tailgate in KC, but he does not have any details posted, with the game just a week and a half away, I am not sure if it is a go.

Another alternative would be for a bunch of us to just try to meet up Sunday in the parking lot and do our own thing.

Hey guys, I'm live and from the KC area but a big JETS fan, I'm going with a group of about 16 chiefs fan, I'll be the only JETS fan in the bunch, would be cool to meet up with some of you guys and you guys can invade our tailgate. We will have a grill and lots of beer, Also, I was wondering if there is a certain hangout or bar that Jet Roadies go to in KC? I doubt it since JETS don't come to KC often but it's worth a shot, would be cool to have a few brews with fellow JETS fans, don't get to do that ever.

I was looking forward to this trip but have been having major back issues.  Saw the doctor today and decided to cancel everything until I get an MRI done.  Been having shooting pains from my lower back down to my foot and don't want to risk making things worse.

Hoping I somehow recover and can maybe do Cleveland in 6 weeks.

Pretty bummed about missing KC.

16 hours ago, Cosmo1250 said:

Hey guys, I'm live and from the KC area but a big JETS fan, I'm going with a group of about 16 chiefs fan, I'll be the only JETS fan in the bunch, would be cool to meet up with some of you guys and you guys can invade our tailgate. We will have a grill and lots of beer, Also, I was wondering if there is a certain hangout or bar that Jet Roadies go to in KC? I doubt it since JETS don't come to KC often but it's worth a shot, would be cool to have a few brews with fellow JETS fans, don't get to do that ever.

I think we're still looking for a tailgate....it's gonna be 4 of us, if that would be cool? 

Don't know what bars we're gonna be at yet, but def gonna be at the power and light district. 

2 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Thunderstorms and 90% chance of rain predicted for the Chiefs game on Sunday.  Decent weather all this week and most of next week.  Figures. 

Still a long ways away. im going to buy a Pancho when I get there just to play it safe

18 hours ago, BP said:

The weather is looking like sh*t. 100% chance of rain now. Bring rain gear/panchos. I'm going to get a pop up tent of some sort for the tailgate.

I'm seriously considering bailing on this trip, I'm not sure I need to travel to KC to sit in a monsoon.  If I can salvage some $ for my tickets I just may do so.  I'm pretty sure it won't be raining on my couch. 

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

I'm seriously considering bailing on this trip, I'm not sure I need to travel to KC to sit in a monsoon.  If I can salvage some $ for my tickets I just may do so.  I'm pretty sure it won't be raining on my couch. 

Lol I'm already committed and I've sat through worse. The jets broncos game in 2008 was a monsoon with 38 degree temps. That really sucked, froze my ass off.

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

Just curious, are you made of sugar?

1 hour ago, BP said:

Lol I'm already committed and I've sat through worse. The jets broncos game in 2008 was a monsoon with 38 degree temps. That really sucked, froze my ass off.

If I am there already and the weather goes south that is one thing, but I'm still at home and don't need to intentionally make myself miserable.  I'll take a beating on the tickets, but everything else can be cancelled with no cost. 

2 hours ago, BP said:

I am with you.  I am committed -- I don't get too spend too many weekends with my son anymore, I am not going to let a rainstorm get in the way of that.

8 hours ago, Green DNA said:

This sounds like an unwelcome sexual advance, I am feeling quite uncomfortable and considering reporting you to....well, you. 

Your report is important to us. Please hang on and the next available operator will answer you....

17 hours ago, Green DNA said:

The latest weather has it clearing by 3pm (game time)

18 minutes ago, Taltal13 said:

Does anybody that's canceling their trip still have their hotel booked? I'm at a holiday inn right but would like to be closer to downtown. If yes, transfer the reservation to me?

No cancellation, just a moment on momentary madness!

On 9/14/2016 at 8:07 AM, Lith said:

The Chiefs do have a Chief Tailgate according to their website.  $45 for all you can eat and two drink tickets.  Gotham City Crew is doing a Jets tailgate, which I am thinking about, but at $100 a person, its a bit pricey.  Tailgate Joe also has something up on his site about doing a tailgate in KC, but he does not have any details posted, with the game just a week and a half away, I am not sure if it is a go.

Another alternative would be for a bunch of us to just try to meet up Sunday in the parking lot and do our own thing.

$100 a person ... is that a lobster tailgate?

Of to a rousing start, got $160 speeding ticket in East Bumfock, Kansas. It was real Fast  and Furious stuff, 38 mph in a 25 zone. I took my seatbelt off to get my wallet out and he said "are you not wearing seatbelt?"   Barney Fife at his best. I'm surprised I'm not locked up. I might have been if I told him we just came from the Boulevard Brewery. We better win this effin game. LOL. 

Great time at Arrowhead.  Well, in the parking lot at least, because once the game started...

Anyway, it was great meeting a few of the JN gang this past weekend. @faba, @BP, @Green DNA @Jetfan13 was great hanging out with all you guys.  Pre-game was a blast, but as for the game itself, I think I need to stay away from Arrowhead.  Only other time I was there was 2005, when Pennington set an NFL record by fumbling 6 times.  And to think, that was still a better QB performance than we got to see yesterday.

It was a lot of fun (except for the game) and the Chiefs fans were great.  Thanks to @BP, they let us join their tailgate as if they had known us for years.  The also went easy on us afterwards.  It was great to see some familiar faces and get to know some new ones.

Archived