Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gas2No99

The first signs of a long-awaited Jace Amaro breakthrough

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Another Idzik Disaster 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but yes, I see all of them as tainted players 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TJ said:

I hope Amaro has a 150 yard 4 TD game against Buffalo 🐃  😁 

That's right. I almost forgot that Rex called out Amaro for telling the truth to the press about the lack of leadership under Rex. I guess the injury quelled that little near soap opera.  But I'll bet Amaro can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That's right. I almost forgot that Rex called out Amaro for telling the truth to the press about the lack of leadership under Rex. I guess the injury quelled that little near soap opera.  But I'll bet Amaro can't wait.

One thing about Rex is he is predictable as Hell. He will laser focus on Amaro and make his life miserable the first game. I honestly believe Rex would rather lose and hold Amaro to no catches than Amaro running wild but Bills winning a shootout. If Bowles is smart he will have Amaro talk all sorts of smack before the game and use him as a decoy.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amaro has the potential to be the type of receiving threat we have lacked at the position since (GOD this KILLS ME to say) Johnny Mitchell WAAAY back in 1992, AND HE WAS A BUST. For a more successful comparison, I'd say dating back to Mickey Shuler.

 All we've had were plodders who could block really well - Fred Baxter, Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht - but NEVER really materialized as an alternative receiving threat or safety valve for our offenses; don't even mention them being a red-zone threat. HA!

To blindly hate the guy b/c he was an Idzik pick is petulant. It seems like last year was a wake-up call for #88 and he SOUNDS like he's going to push himself to be that difference maker that we drafted him to be. Amaro will BALL in '16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but yes, I see all of them as tainted players 

No sarcasm. No blind hate. I'd love for this guy to tear it up this year. 

But as it stands at this moment, Amaro is another in the long list of Idzik failures. Calvin Prior appeared to be one as well until he seemingly turned things around last year. I hope Amaro can do the same. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coaching player sup is big with the FO and CS. A real emphasis on player development is new to the Jets. The reliance on the draft and not wasting picks is also a primary focus. Players who don't develop and have tremendous work ethics are released or moved.

Amaro gives the Jets another huge red zone threat. More mis match football choices for the QB's to choose from. This O will make life difficult for DC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Still can't figure why anyone is down on Amaro.  As far as I'm concerned he had a solid rookie season and was injured last season.  

So I'm not saying he's gonna be great, but there definitely isn't anything to suggest he's gonna be a bust.  Arrow is still pointing up with Amaro.  Same as it's been since we drafted him.

They saw the drops. Those stick out like a sore thumb. What they didn't realize is how often he was open and got to the ball. If he had caught everything thrown to him he would have had an 85 completion %. Still had over 70%. Not bad on a team with under 60% as a whole. 

Then the coaches seemed down on him from the start. I believe he came in out of shape and made a bad first impression. This year all seems like a180 degree turn. Can't wait to see it. I've always loved the TE position and haven't had a good one since Shuler. I still think Sudfeld has a chance if he can stay healthy. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

#idzikpick

Hate them all, but hoping this kid can do something. Gotta say, he looks very unathletic. Not talking about straight line speed, he hasn't looked quick and agile. 

Standing still I agree he looks slow, but on the field he looks extremely quick for a man his size. 

https://youtu.be/Iu8oiR8WwTM

Iu8oiR8WwTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Still can't figure why anyone is down on Amaro.  As far as I'm concerned he had a solid rookie season and was injured last season.  

So I'm not saying he's gonna be great, but there definitely isn't anything to suggest he's gonna be a bust.  Arrow is still pointing up with Amaro.  Same as it's been since we drafted him.

Well he's a TE that can't block so that is a downer but yes, I think he's got some more upside going forward from here.  Just sux that a 2nd rounder might not ever be a complete TE.  His blocking sux. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Well he's a TE that can't block so that is a downer but yes, I think he's got some more upside going forward from here.  Just sux that a 2nd rounder might not ever be a complete TE.  His blocking sux. 

Sure but I'd imagine that was known when drafting him.  I don't even watch college ball and knew he wasn't a blocker.  Instead he set NCAA records for receiving (I think).  

Think he's supposed to more of the Jimmy Graham type.  Can't knock a guy for something he never was supposed to be.  It'd be like knocking Shaq for not shooting 3s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2014 I wrote a story on Amaro based on my nephew interning with the Jets. He interned that camp in Cortland & told me that Amaro was too heavy & was not even close to being in NFL shape. He had a bad body. 

People fought with me over this & then Todd Bowles comes in & banishes him to the second practice field. He saw the same things my nephew witnessed. Amaro was knocked down to size, literally. 

As soon as I saw video & photos of Amaro you could see the difference immediately. This seems like the perfect example of a guy where everything came too easy, the BMOC syndrome. The NFL humbles people. 

It's obvious that Amaro dedicated himself to his craft by first changing his eating habits & working out, second, working on his hands & his blocking. Rex ignored it, Bowles didn't & put the fear of God into Jace. He can be an above average target @ 6'-5" & 270. Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Amaro, Forte is a serious challenge for defenses. Especially in the redzone. 

Theres a new Sheriff in town in Todd Bowles and some of the traits he possesses reminds me of Parcells. Having Amaro practice with the 3s & 4s last year was a reality check that seems to have gotten through to Amaro. I wish him well, we need him.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well he's a TE that can't block so that is a downer but yes, I think he's got some more upside going forward from here.  Just sux that a 2nd rounder might not ever be a complete TE.  His blocking sux. 

It really is incredible how horrible idzik was at drafting. I don't think you could do worse if you tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

We absolutely need Amaro to have a breakout season

I don't know about need, but it sure would help. Forte should be an upgrade in the passing game at RB.  But whether 3rd wideout will be a settled and consistent feature remains to be seen.  TE was such a problem last year, any significant improvement could be really big.  And if all of Forte, Amaro and perhaps Enemwa or someone else step up (Thompkins?), this could be a difficult passing attack to defend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetster said:

In 2014 I wrote a story on Amaro based on my nephew interning with the Jets. He interned that camp in Cortland & told me that Amaro was too heavy & was not even close to being in NFL shape. He had a bad body. 

People fought with me over this & then Todd Bowles comes in & banishes him to the second practice field. He saw the same things my nephew witnessed. Amaro was knocked down to size, literally. 

As soon as I saw video & photos of Amaro you could see the difference immediately. This seems like the perfect example of a guy where everything came too easy, the BMOC syndrome. The NFL humbles people. 

It's obvious that Amaro dedicated himself to his craft by first changing his eating habits & working out, second, working on his hands & his blocking. Rex ignored it, Bowles didn't & put the fear of God into Jace. He can be an above average target @ 6'-5" & 270. Marshall, Decker, Enunwa, Amaro, Forte is a serious challenge for defenses. Especially in the redzone. 

Theres a new Sheriff in town in Todd Bowles and some of the traits he possesses reminds me of Parcells. Having Amaro practice with the 3s & 4s last year was a reality check that seems to have gotten through to Amaro. I wish him well, we need him.

Wait...Rex ignoring the offense?  Say it aint so.

 

Your post sounds logical and solid.  I admired Jace when he tweeted that the JETS wonr be disappointed when he was drafted but as you state, he probably thought it would come easy.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amaro is right to focus on his blocking. Enunwa had moved past him because of his willingness and ability to block. Chan demands that from his receivers. Improving his receiving might get him into more red zone packages, but improving his blocking could get him into the starting lineup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Jalin Marshall take Thompkins place as I think Thompkins is too slow. Just imagine if we get lucky & this guy was ready to blow up in college this year but he's getting his training in the NFL getting pointers from Brandon Marshall & Eric Decker. Decker already said he thinks Jalins special. Why not us? We are really due for a lucky break involving the WR position.

Your talking about a guy that's going to draw 3rd, 4th, CBs, nickel safeties ect. I want to see players STREAKING for the endzone for a change. The type of explosion plays that turn games instantly & force the opposing teams to play catchup vs our pass rushers. He's already a standout & everyone's noticing, even Pryor brought up his name.

So freaking excited about this season. Looks like everyone took care of business in the offseason, and did whatever they could individually to be better players. Love the Bowles influence, Todd gets instant Cred for being an overachieving NFL player & he was a winner. No ones slipping by Todd without a full commitment to this team. These guys are proud to be NY Jets.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Wait...Rex ignoring the offense?  Say it aint so.

 

Your post sounds logical and solid.  I admired Jace when he tweeted that the JETS wonr be disappointed when he was drafted but as you state, he probably thought it would come easy.

 

 

I have another "inside" story about that camp. It involves Geno, I'll tell you guys about after he's gone next year. By the way my nephew said a lot of the players that year were real jerks. Rex has zero discipline, his unprofessionalism rubbed off on a lot of those players. One of his favorites? Mo Wilkerson our newly signed NY Jet. Said Mo was a super nice guy, David Harris too. Said a lot of those guys on that 2014 team could barely speak recognizable English..guys like Chris Johnson. 

That really was a team full of a lot turds including the head coach & OC.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So First Take was at Florham Park this morning, watching it now and Bowles is sitting down with Stephen A and Max Kellerman and the token eye candy female "football" girl and was asked about the Jace and the tight end situation:

 

"Kellen (Davis) is our number one right now."

 

perhaps just camp motivation but ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, David Harris said:

So First Take was at Florham Park this morning, watching it now and Bowles is sitting down with Stephen A and Max Kellerman and the token eye candy female "football" girl and was asked about the Jace and the tight end situation:

 

"Kellen (Davis) is our number one right now."

 

perhaps just camp motivation but ...

Not a good sign.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, David Harris said:

So First Take was at Florham Park this morning, watching it now and Bowles is sitting down with Stephen A and Max Kellerman and the token eye candy female "football" girl and was asked about the Jace and the tight end situation:

 

"Kellen (Davis) is our number one right now."

 

perhaps just camp motivation but ...

Kellen Davis is a slug! Bowles is using the Bill Parcells psychology, everyone earns their spot. So far Amaro has come into camp motivated & in shape. Bowles wants more & is pushing Jace buttons. Get better everyday. I don't remember ever hearing about a Jet offense running smoothly 4 days into camp. Unlike Rex, Bowles demands more of everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, David Harris said:

So First Take was at Florham Park this morning, watching it now and Bowles is sitting down with Stephen A and Max Kellerman and the token eye candy female "football" girl and was asked about the Jace and the tight end situation:

 

"Kellen (Davis) is our number one right now."

 

perhaps just camp motivation but ...

Key words: Right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, slats said:

Amaro is right to focus on his blocking. Enunwa had moved past him because of his willingness and ability to block. Chan demands that from his receivers. Improving his receiving might get him into more red zone packages, but improving his blocking could get him into the starting lineup. 

With the attention Brandon and Eirc get if Amaro can be in packages as a blocker then slip off into spaces cleared by wr1 and wr2 he could be nasty in the red zone . Nasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

With the attention Brandon and Eirc get if Amaro can be in packages as a blocker then slip off into spaces cleared by wr1 and wr2 he could be nasty in the red zone . Nasty

Can't wait to see Brandon & Eric abuse Butler again this year. Both of them used their size & just boxed him out. Like you said, if Belichick shades a safety to protect Butler, Amaro has to be WIDE OPEN, and if Belichick chases Amaro with a LB, Forte will be WIDE OPEN in the flat. 

Do you guys realize how long it's been since the Jets have had an offense that the Patriots had more to game plan for than top players to cover it? 1st, Pats definitely lost a lot of pass rush trading Chandler Jones. They replaced him with the slower oft injured Chris Long. With the skill players we have giving Fitz an extra second or two to scan the field, he's gonna find someone open. Jets have the best all around offense in the AFC east after the Pats but they are not far off. Brady-Gronk-Edelman-Amendola are pretty damn tough with Gronk being the true X factor that puts them over the top. But like you stated, add in 6'-5" pass catching TE like Amaro & the scales start tipping towards even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Amaro can learn to block, that could really bring this offense to another level.

I can sort of imagine us emulating the Pats offense with all of the shifts, just to get mismatches. Having a two WR set with Amaro and Forte somewhere on the field automatically means we'll have four very capable receivers. I like the idea of Amaro initially having a LB covering him and have him branching out past Decker or Marshall, leaving a LB in limbo. Kind of what used to happen to Coples when Rex was our coach. What a buffoon.

 

Almost makes me reconsider some of what I said about Fitz. I wasn't anticipating the plethora of pass catchers that we have impressing in camp right now.

Wouldn't be shocked to see his comp% to go up. We can just create so many mismatches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I'm rooting for Amaro...sounds like his blocking has improved which is good because we need him on the field

With Marshall, Deck, Forte...there's plenty of room for Amaro to kill teams up the seams....and he's another big RZ target 

It would be great if Amaro, Enunwa, and one of the speedsters(J. Marshall, D. Smith, Peake) can become reliable contributors for our offense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

If Amaro can learn to block, that could really bring this offense to another level.

I can sort of imagine us emulating the Pats offense with all of the shifts, just to get mismatches. Having a two WR set with Amaro and Forte somewhere on the field automatically means we'll have four very capable receivers. I like the idea of Amaro initially having a LB covering him and have him branching out past Decker or Marshall, leaving a LB in limbo. Kind of what used to happen to Coples when Rex was our coach. What a buffoon.

 

Almost makes me reconsider some of what I said about Fitz. I wasn't anticipating the plethora of pass catchers that we have impressing in camp right now.

Wouldn't be shocked to see his comp% to go up. We can just create so many mismatches.

Forte was interviewed yesterday & said he loves Chans offense. Said it gives him a chance to slip out into the slot & create mismatches all over the field. It's gonna be very difficult to just rush Fitz when he spreads you out & your looking at Brandon, Decker, Quincy, Amaro inside (who could block or run a pattern) and Forte! Whens the last time the Jets had an opposing defense on their heels in a fire drill running around & pointing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 2, 2016 at 7:43 AM, LIJetsFan said:

Well he's a TE that can't block so that is a downer but yes, I think he's got some more upside going forward from here.  Just sux that a 2nd rounder might not ever be a complete TE.  His blocking sux. 

Aren't too many "complete" TEs, no matter what round of the draft they came from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

Aren't too many "complete" TEs, no matter what round of the draft they came from. 

His upside is probably Scott Chandler. I'd take that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

His upside is probably Scott Chandler. I'd take that.

A "young" Scott Chandler, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

His upside is probably Scott Chandler. I'd take that.

In a heartbeat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Forte was interviewed yesterday & said he loves Chans offense. Said it gives him a chance to slip out into the slot & create mismatches all over the field. It's gonna be very difficult to just rush Fitz when he spreads you out & your looking at Brandon, Decker, Quincy, Amaro inside (who could block or run a pattern) and Forte! Whens the last time the Jets had an opposing defense on their heels in a fire drill running around & pointing? 

If Clady stays healthy, Fitz will have more time than he did last year as well.

Need our right side of the OL to have an epiphany as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...