The Way To Look At It: The Jets Have a 4-Day Season

SAR I

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Your entitled to your extremely minority opinion but I like many totally disagree.. The bengals could have the game of their lives, fitz could have his worst.. That has nothing to do with the rest of the season.. Like I said, this is a quitter mentality.. I'm sure you were one who thought, " there is no way the jets can beat the pats in foxboro in the playoffs after just getting pummeled 45-3 weeks before. " but it happened.. Sure it will get harder if we lose Sunday, this isn't baseball, every single game is big.. Can only lose about 5-6 and still make the playoffs.. So if they do lose Sunday, pressure will be on week 2.. Nobody likes to go 0-2 with hopes of the playoffs..

at Kansas City
at Pittsburgh
Seattle
at Arizona

That could be the most difficult four week stretch in modern NFL history.  If you want to ignore it, go ahead.  Some of us like to study the calendar and discover the Jets path to the playoffs and I can assure you that winning the only 2 winnable games on the schedule in the first 6 weeks is the only path, we lose those 2 we are going 0-6 or 1-5 and that means we'd have to finish 10-0 or 9-1 which isn't happening and thus we have a 4-day season next week.

SAR I

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

at Kansas City
at Pittsburgh
Seattle
at Arizona

That could be the most difficult four week stretch in modern NFL history.  If you want to ignore it, go ahead.  Some of us like to study the calendar and discover the Jets path to the playoffs and I can assure you that winning the only 2 winnable games on the schedule in the first 6 weeks is the only path, we lose those 2 we are going 0-6 or 1-5 and that means we'd have to finish 10-0 or 9-1 which isn't happening and thus we have a 4-day season next week.

SAR I

So you are counting out the jets against the good teams you are saying ? If they can't beat the good teams in a stretch, what is the point of making the playoffs anyway ? Since your logic says they can't win.. Maybe 1st round but surely can't beat a better team twice.. No reason to make the playoffs if you don't have a shot.. I like the Giants luck, they either win a Super Bowl every few yrs, or they are selecting far ahead of us in the draft.. 

On 9/9/2016 at 5:26 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

So you are counting out the jets against the good teams you are saying ? If they can't beat the good teams in a stretch, what is the point of making the playoffs anyway ? Since your logic says they can't win.. Maybe 1st round but surely can't beat a better team twice.. No reason to make the playoffs if you don't have a shot.. I like the Giants luck, they either win a Super Bowl every few yrs, or they are selecting far ahead of us in the draft.. 

I believe that the Jets have 11 win talent with a 7 win schedule.

We tend to be a team that gels late in the year and this year's gauntlet of 6 tough games on the road and against playoff teams is just brutal.

We must win today and Thursday if we want to see the playoffs.  We deserve the playoffs, by the way, but the path there is very hard and requires perfection.

It's a 4 day season.

SAR I

On September 9, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

More pussification of fans.  We're a good team, they should look at us and be afraid, not us afraid of them.  

Plus season ends with the easy part of the schedule, makes for an easier playoff pushj.

SOJFs fear opponents

5 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Isn't every game in a 16-game season a "must win game?"

He meant it basically in the context of this thread, without referring to any other team playing today also having a must win game. Which is why I posted it here. 

18 minutes ago, slats said:

He's getting flack for it from the rest of the panel, but Trent Dilfer just called this a must win game for the Jets. 

Dilfer has gotta be on roids right? The guy looks huge, his neck and skull look like they have doubled in size, and his bald ass head is about as red as a cherry tomato.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Dilfer has gotta be on roids right? The guy looks huge, his neck and skull look like they have doubled in size, and his bald ass head is about as red as a cherry tomato.

Lol, yes, or he has a thyroid issue. Shouldn't need roids to broadcast. I'd think. 

57 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Well, season's over.  Thanks for coming everyone, see you in 2017.  Maybe SAR will give away the rest of his season's tickets for free.....

Yes, it was a tough short season, too bad we can't make the playoffs, but we have the inevitable Fitzpatrick benching, Geno meltdown, and Petty promotion to look forward to so there's that. 

As far as my tickets go, depends on the weather, if it's cold and rainy I won't go and watch the 3-0 Seahawks send us to 0-4, probably will go to Bear Mountain and see the leaves change color. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes, it was a tough short season, too bad we can't make the playoffs, but we have the inevitable Fitzpatrick benching, Geno meltdown, and Petty promotion to look forward to so there's that. 

As far as my tickets go, depends on the weather, if it's cold and rainy I won't go and watch the 3-0 Seahawks send us to 0-4, probably will go to Bear Mountain and see the leaves change color. 

SAR I

adios brochachoe

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Jets have to win their next 15 games or the season is over.

Jets have to go either 3-3 to open the season or unexpectedly sweep the Patriots in order to make the playoffs.  These are our scenarios after today's loss:

Win 3 of the following 5 games:  @BUF, @KC, SEA, @PIT, @ARI and secure a wildcard.

Win 2 of the following 5 games and sweep the Patriots:  @BUF, @KC, SEA, @PIT, @ARI and win the division.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Try the Catskills in Ulster County.  Much nicer.

I may have found a loophole based on other games this weekend 

The NY Jets are still tied for first place in the AFC East - (Bills and Fins lost)

Bengals could win the division so no tiebreaker impact (Ravens game was very sloppy and Cleveland is already working on the draft)

We still need to see the results of the pats* and steelers games but the death of the season may have been greatly exaggerated :)

20 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I may have found a loophole based on other games this weekend 

The NY Jets are still tied for first place in the AFC East - (Bills and Fins lost)

Bengals could win the division so no tiebreaker impact (Ravens game was very sloppy and Cleveland is already working on the draft)

We still need to see the results of the pats* and steelers games but the death of the season may have been greatly exaggerated :)

You are spot on but today's was just brutal.

10 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

With Bills and Phins losing today, we only need Pats to lose tonight to call it a wash. Win in Buffalo next week and win one of the Chies or Seahawks game and you are 2-2. Not bad at all. There is still hope. Need to clean up a few mistakes and we are a decent team. 

Need to win games like today 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Need to win games like today 

You are right Joe. We were pretty good at trenches and still managed to lose. I would have preferred losing by 2 TD's to be honest. Losses like this will keep you up at night. But water under the bridge. There is still plenty of football left. Learn from your mistakes and move on. 

I think SAR I is right.  Losing to an AFC contender, the Cheats winning tonight, the season is just about over already.  The Jets will have their typical stinker where they don't show up at all...lose another heartbreaker or two...and that'll be all she wrote.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

I think SAR I is right.  Losing to an AFC contender, the Cheats winning tonight, the season is just about over already.  The Jets will have their typical stinker where they don't show up at all...lose another heartbreaker or two...and that'll be all she wrote.

How do you plan on spending your Sundays this fall? You obviously won't be watching the Jets with the season being over and all.

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

How do you plan on spending your Sundays this fall? You obviously won't be watching the Jets with the season being over and all.

When was the last time the Jets won the games they were supposed to, swept a couple of divisional opponents, and beat a couple of teams they weren't supposed to?  Because SAR I is pointing out that is what it'll take.  I think his assessment is fairly accurate.

Fact: They are going to lose more games to  AFC contenders. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2016 at 11:37 PM, RoadFan said:

Like Nostradamus on the typical stinker game, almost like you have seen this before...

Archived