Training camp thread 08/02/16

Maxman

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dee Milliner is having a strong camp. Pushing for a role. But remember, he is strictly an outside corner. Doesn't play in slot.

lol, why is this something we have to "remember"?

like there's no room for a good corner because he can only play on the outside? this clown should watch some football.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Our punter ****ed us multiple weeks last year, early on, and it resulted in us talking about him for that span. We were 10-6.

Please stop. 

So true!!!  Quigley was beyond awful, how quick fans forget

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Our punter ****ed us multiple weeks last year, early on, and it resulted in us talking about him for that span. We were 10-6.

Please stop. 

Easy scapegoat who is on the field a handful of times a game.  When the offense is having a good day, he's irrelevant.  I'm correct, but will stop because it's not an important enough topic to debate.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Wait...

Did Manish just compliment the Jets?

I'm so confused.

Yes. Kind of like his first year on the beat. He was highly complimentary back then, then he went all trollish... when he realized that Cimini and Francessa have been cashing checks on the emotional derpitude of easily trolled Jet fans for decades.

Jace Amaro makes a great catch over Gilchrist from Fitz. Showing improved hands

Amaro with a great catch just over Pryor. Good pass by Fitz, great job by holding on as he went

Nice adjustment and tumbling catch by Amaro on back shoulder floater from Fitz. Gilchrist had the coverage. #NYJAug 2, 2016, 2:25 PM

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Easy scapegoat who is on the field a handful of times a game.  I'm correct, but will stop because it's not an important enough topic to debate.

No, you aren't.

There doesn't need to be a debate. If you watched the season, the punter was literally at fault for ******* us out of winning situational football. If you can understand that Fitz's interceptions didn't single-handedly lose games for us, but did contribute to a series of events that led to loss... then you should understand the role of these bad punts.

Having a good punter matters. 

17 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I don't think I've ever rooted so hard for a player to get cut as I am for kellen Davis to be shown the door. Feels dirty, because he seems like a good guy. But it would just be such a good statement about the state of the Jets if the team felt like they were able to cut him

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

This +1000000

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He just needs to establish more of a relationship with some of his guys, especially the new faces (like Forte) or guys he didn't get a chance to work with last year (Amaro).  Sometimes that doesn't happen until a few weeks into the season. 

Though with Forte I imagine that transition will happen quickly.  Last year it seemed like Fitz's top 3 options were to throw short to Decker, a bomb to Marshall, or take off running.  Forte offers an excellent alternative for Fitz to throwing into triple coverage or risking an injury.

And Fitz has already shown he's got no problem throwing to RBs, it's just simply that the RBs were only worth a damn in the passing game last year when Powell was on the field, who not surprisingly came in 3rd in all receiving categories.  Forte will now be providing that same value when he's on the field.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Easy scapegoat who is on the field a handful of times a game.  When the offense is having a good day, he's irrelevant.  I'm correct, but will stop because it's not an important enough topic to debate.

Close game we re punting from our goal line he hits a 29 yarder, he did that numerous time sin his career here.  If that is what you think then you are one of the many WRONG people in not paying attention to special teams.  Your line of thought not only excuse specials but also the defense for poor play.  Hey our D was swiss cheese and gave up 30 but if our offense had a good day all wouldhave been well.

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

And Fitz has already shown he's got no problem throwing to RBs, it's just simply that the RBs were only worth a damn in the passing game last year when Powell was on the field, who not surprisingly came in 3rd in all receiving categories.  Forte will now be providing that same value when he's on the field.

And then some, given he's probably the best pass-catching RB since Marshall Faulk. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jalin should be slot.

Enunwa is getting a lot of reps on the outside. Might see him more there this year

Decker/Marshall give us better mismatches out of the slot, but I agree that Jalin does fit the more classic prototype of a slot receiver. I just think the league has changed a lot, and the bigger slot receiver is such a nice luxury to have... ideally, none of these guys should be lining up in the same place all the time. The more we can move them around, the more looks we giving the opposing defense, the more mismatches we create and exploit. 

Archived