TALLADEGA NIGHTS - GAME THREAD

DPR

15 minutes ago, D P R said:

We're at Mellow Mushroom celebrating a 7th birthday and I listed the names, asked him to pick one and you were it. 

It is what it is.

I would pick Pac too because it reminds me of pac-man. Pac-man > any of the other options

AVM sounds really sophisticated, what does that even mean.

Crusher is like the orange Soda or a candy.

Spoot is like Spoon spelled weird.

Verb is like grammar class no thanks.

Decker is like a lousy nickname for Richard.

30 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

I would pick Pac too because it reminds me of pac-man. Pac-man > any of the other options

AVM sounds really sophisticated, what does that even mean.

Crusher is like the orange Soda or a candy.

Spoot is like Spoon spelled weird.

Verb is like grammar class no thanks.

Decker is like a lousy nickname for Richard.

When he was choosing, I figured Crusher might be the choice based on a character he likes. There's no accounting for taste...

• Upvote 1

Sometimes it's the small mercies that get you through and this night we mercifully short.

An evil chuckle filled the room as the mafia toasted each other.

DECKER, MASON, HAS BEEN KILLED.

THE MAFIA HAS WON.

33 minutes ago, JiF said:

Thanks for the game DPR.  That was an interesting set up.

I won't do a victory lap, not proud of this win.

You know, participation always drops around the fall and when school starts, that bites into a lot of time as well. It would have been cool if everyone had time to go all in, but that might be something better accomplished next season. 

You do get the award for not giving up!

33 minutes ago, D P R said:

You know, participation always drops around the fall and when school starts, that bites into a lot of time as well. It would have been cool if everyone had time to go all in, but that might be something better accomplished next season. 

You do get the award for not giving up!

It happens.  And we have Football, sort of...so that's always going to effect activity.

Side note, you were at a Mellow Mushroom last night?  Where do you live? 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

It happens.  And we have Football, sort of...so that's always going to effect activity.

Side note, you were at a Mellow Mushroom last night?  Where do you live? 

Atlanta

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hotlanta!  Nice.  I love Mellow Mushroom.  Soooo goood.

It's the #1 destination for us - pirate jr. doesn't understand that other restaurants even exist. But it works out because the pizza is excellent! 

7 minutes ago, D P R said:

It's the #1 destination for us - pirate jr. doesn't understand that other restaurants even exist. But it works out because the pizza is excellent! 

Yep!  And if its like the ones we have down here, its fun for kids...all sorts of stuff to distract them.

Interestingly enough, in Jax Beach, MM is the jam spot.  Crazy amount of young hotties that love the hippy vibes and good beer.  Ladies night is the mecca.  The place goes full bar mode at nights.  It's the #1 MM in the country.  Crazy busy.  Events, concerts...its kind of nutty how popular it is.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

@D P R  great setup man...would love to replay this at a higher engagement level...well thought out.

100% agreed -I wasn't into playing mafia right now.....made the decision to play yolo and thought I'd get into it as it went, but it didn't happen

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Thanks for the game DPR.  That was an interesting set up.

I won't do a victory lap, not proud of this win.

Same.  You were the man, though - dragged us to the finish line.  Sorry I wasn't around at all.....I shouldn't have played.  I'm only going to sign up now if I'm sure I have the time & interest in playing.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yep!  And if its like the ones we have down here, its fun for kids...all sorts of stuff to distract them.

Interestingly enough, in Jax Beach, MM is the jam spot.  Crazy amount of young hotties that love the hippy vibes and good beer.  Ladies night is the mecca.  The place goes full bar mode at nights.  It's the #1 MM in the country.  Crazy busy.  Events, concerts...its kind of nutty how popular it is.

Ours is a little different - Friday and Saturday nights it's the hotspot for the under 12 set. During the week it's mostly chill, but that's because we have a number of bars in the same hood, so it's treated as a pizza joint. They do have a great beer selection though - last night we had a Blood Orange wheat beer (don't remember what brewery) and it was delicious.  So whenever Lach asks if we can go there, it sounds like this:

"Dad, can we go to Mel..."

"Yes."

heh

4 hours ago, JiF said:

There is one in Athens. Decent little spot.