Why dont Jets have Throwback or Alternate Jersey?

Shea Jet

The one time they did, it was that Titans disaster. How bout either: The Sack Exchange Era 81-85 Or early Jets (not Titans) with the airplane on Helmet. Why are we one of the FEW teams without one??? Anyone feels the same, we should petition Mike Macc for one. Heck, it was US who got Idzik fired.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The color rush jerseys would have been dope with the classic white on the sleeves. I wish the Jets would use that shade on their regular jerseys. This hunter green sh*t is too Sunday dad golfish.

Yeah Kelly green was nice. I hated the Bills all red but our all green really wasn't bad at all.

Yeah Kelly green was nice. I hated the Bills all red but our all green really wasn't bad at all.

Are you mad?

It looked like something out if the movie Rollerball only more discol

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

The one time they did, it was that Titans disaster. How bout either: The Sack Exchange Era 81-85 Or early Jets (not Titans) with the airplane on Helmet. Why are we one of the FEW teams without one??? Anyone feels the same, we should petition Mike Macc for one. Heck, it was US who got Idzik fired.

We did have an alternate Jersey inspired by Bill Parcels and designed by Reebok, the jersey was metallic black with arms a solid dark green the Jets logo filled in black and numbers in white.

c58ec007d192dddefe4152ef56c98682.jpg

And then there was the experimental Nike Jerseys...

0b6e8e8c07a0c7bd587f568d0659c067.jpg6cc724a6e640de115edd3d4bf5787671.jpg4e1a0b75e518e965c0eb954eb4740477.jpg411a8a1b54256c16ed866010072954dc.jpg

11 hours ago, Larz said:

the real throwback looks a lot like the current one because of parcells, and it leaves them in an awkward spot

At this point I wouldn't trust anyone but Parcells to pick the uniforms. Every time they make a change they end up flamboyant. 

If I had my choice for an alternate it would be a 80s style updated with the forest green colors with a black grill and black outlined logo. NO GREEN PANTS

Using the 80s Jets helmet is out of the question now because of the one helmet rule which seems very strange to me. Why are you only aloud one helmet? I would want a new helmet every time I got hit. Why can't they custom fit new helmets for these players every game? If my motorcycle helmet hits the pavement I buy a new one. Stress fractures and all that. 

1 hour ago, Hitman Harris said:

Nike is an abomination. And we're getting those stupid "color rush" garbage things again. And it sounded like TWICE 

ugh

Yes. Can we please get actual forest green uniforms. I mean seriously in the 21st century you'd think we could have the technology to match the helmet color to the entire uniform. I have a color match app on my phone if that helps them. Give me a call Woody. 

12 hours ago, Larz said:

the real throwback looks a lot like the current one because of parcells, and it leaves them in an awkward spot

No it doesn't  80's Kelly Green is beloved by many a fan.  Many of us rather well off now, and who'd spend buckets of cash on gear.

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

At this point I wouldn't trust anyone but Parcells to pick the uniforms. Every time they make a change they end up flamboyant. 

If I had my choice for an alternate it would be a 80s style updated with the forest green colors with a black grill and black outlined logo. NO GREEN PANTS

Using the 80s Jets helmet is out of the question now because of the one helmet rule which seems very strange to me. Why are you only aloud one helmet? I would want a new helmet every time I got hit. Why can't they custom fit new helmets for these players every game? If my motorcycle helmet hits the pavement I buy a new one. Stress fractures and all that. 

Ugh, I hate those on principle. It was Coslet who added that black in an effort to somehow make them look more badass. Bruce Coslet, tough guy.  

4 hours ago, slats said:

Ugh, I hate those on principle. It was Coslet who added that black in an effort to somehow make them look more badass. Bruce Coslet, tough guy.  

I love the color rush uniforms. Kelly green is the traditional color and the hunter green is a Parcell's creation. Not sure he's the guy I want picking out my wardrobe.

The metallic sparkle helmets are the best part of the uniform in general.

The only reasons they looked bad at all was the all red abomination lining up on the other side and the idiotic choice of all green. With white pants, they'd rock.

12 hours ago, BaumerJet said:

We did have an alternate Jersey inspired by Bill Parcels and designed by Reebok, the jersey was metallic black with arms a solid dark green the Jets logo filled in black and numbers in white.

c58ec007d192dddefe4152ef56c98682.jpg

And then there was the experimental Nike Jerseys...

0b6e8e8c07a0c7bd587f568d0659c067.jpg6cc724a6e640de115edd3d4bf5787671.jpg4e1a0b75e518e965c0eb954eb4740477.jpg411a8a1b54256c16ed866010072954dc.jpg

Uh NO!!! Those abominations look like crap. The three worst uniforms in football are Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and Cleveland. Those would be the worst of all.

20 hours ago, Jetster said:

Old airplane helmet was very cool. I'm gonna get the grey sweatshirt with the vintage plane logo.

I have one in the light green.  Thing is getting pretty beat up but I don't care.  Love the shirt and I get stopped almost every time I wear it by other Jet fans.

15 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Call me an old fart but I prefer the uniforms of my youth late 50's, 60's and 70's. Hell I even like the old Bucs uniforms with the plume Buccaneer also the football snapping Patriot.

I strongly prefer those old Patriots uniforms, but those original Buc unis were gayer than the mod lounge. Not a fan of most of the modern uniforms, especially those with multi-colored jerseys. I think the Ravens did it right, they have a classic look with a modern touch. 

I hated the Jets' uniforms in the 80's, and was glad when Parcells brought back the classic style. The opposite color sleeve/number is really sharp. The classic (and revamped classic) logo is much nicer than the 80's logo. The black trim of the Coslet-Kotite years give me night sweats. If the Jets wanted to bring back the Kelly green, I wouldn't complain. 

I like the Titans throwbacks, but I think the best throwbacks are the ugliest throwbacks. I just think they're the most fun. The stuff the Steelers and Bears drag out is awesome. 

16 hours ago, the Claw said:

I quite liked the Titans look. Never a fan of the 80's uni's.

What we need is not a throwback but rather a modern alternate jersey.  Something designed this century that looks current. 

As a Yankees/Rangers/Jets fan, my uniforms are ancient, two from 1920 and one from 1964.  Give me a tasteful modern jersey please. One of you. Please. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

What we need is not a throwback but rather a modern alternate jersey.  Something designed this century that looks current. 

As a Yankees/Rangers/Jets fan, my uniforms are ancient, two from 1920 and one from 1964.  Give me a tasteful modern jersey please. One of you. Please. 

SAR I

Interesting perspective. Might come off as cheapening to me for the Yankees but would be cool for the other two.

On 8/6/2016 at 7:03 PM, neckdemon said:

i liked the titans jersey. if you ask me those kelly green jerseys were ugly

some years those 80s jerseys looked lighter than others.  i always thought the 80s style would look great w/ the current darker green.

Archived