Jump to content

NYJ vs JAX Depth Chart Released


Recommended Posts

Brandon Shell at LT is interesting.  Charon Peake behind Chandler Worthy and Jalin Marshall with the "others" at WR is interesting

Lawrence Thomas might be a surprise at DE, we'll have to watch him closely vs Jaguars.  Taiwan Jones and Trevor Reilly on the 3rd team at LB shows what a tough road they are going to have to make the team.  Justin Burris at CB is another guy with long odds

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart.html

 

No real surprises.  Giacomini is still PUP I'm assuming?  Villanova man Ijalana starting in the interim.

I do not like seeing Kellen Davis over Amaro.  Has Amaro sucked so far in camp?

It's all about blocking. Amaro is struggling to get past Enunwa in the H-back role, and Gailey is content to have his traditional TE behave like an additional OT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty sure TB already ruled Forte out of playing in the first game which is completely fine by me. We just need forte to be plugged in for a few snaps for the 3rd game and a week of practice before the bengals and he will be good to go.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I do not like seeing Kellen Davis over Amaro.  Has Amaro sucked so far in camp?

 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

It's all about blocking. Amaro is struggling to get past Enunwa in the H-back role, and Gailey is content to have his traditional TE behave like an additional OT. 

Yeah, I don't like to see that either. Amaro has gotten great at catching and has gotten noticeably better at blocking so I hope he can move past Davis on the depth chart. He obviously has way more to offer than Davis. I still haven't forgiven Davis for missing the TD pass in the end zone against Buffalo...smh..wasn't the first time he has done that either. With the way Amaro has been playing in training camp I'll take him all day every day instead of Kellen Davis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I enjoyed this depth chart because it lets me picture MaineJet off somewhere yonder, seeing Lee behind Henderson and totally losing his sh*t, then venting about it to his corgis as he heats up soup.

The Queen likes Corgis so he's got that going for him.  Too bad he got banned, he was right about at least half the things he ranted about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of observations:

OL - Interesting that Ijalan is over Qvale (who everyone thought was a CS favorite).  Good to see Dozier and Shell direct back ups and not further down the depth chart.

WR - Interesting to see Kyle Williams and Chandler Worthy over Peake and Marshall.  Especially with the camp Marshall has been having.  I get Willams has some ST's game but he's not the KR.  It's Ross and then Williams.  And Williams is known for something you dont want to be known for. 

RB - Bernard Pierce is terrible. 

LB - Our 1st round pick is currently behind a guy who was out of the NFL for a year.  Let that sink in.  Great to see Jenkins and Maudlin starting.

CB - Revis, Skrine, Williams and Milliner.  Great to see Milliner in the mix.

LS - does Tanner Purdum have the greatest job in the world? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Strange that Forte is listed as first string. I wasn't really expecting him to play. I wouldn't put too much stock into this right yet.

This. 

These internet depth charts are usually put together by public relations, not the coaches. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart.html

 

No real surprises.  Giacomini is still PUP I'm assuming?  Villanova man Ijalana starting in the interim.

I do not like seeing Kellen Davis over Amaro.  Has Amaro sucked so far in camp?

Amaro missed all of last season.  He'll have 4 games to prove he should start. And just being better as receiver may not be enough to earn starting job. I could see Amaro being more of a passing down tight end or even an extra receiver when we spread the field 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the selections are strange, Wide Receiver being one. No love for Jalin Marshall or Peake. Also Burris before he got hurt was having a great camp.

I'm not sold on this chart, it defiantly looks off to me, perhaps a little gamesmanship, or motivational tool for some?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the tactic TB uses on rookies. They don't get any benefit of the doubt until it' game time. 

Marshall and Burris have shone well considering their draft position, yet they don't get ANY kudos from the HC. 

Seems all rookies have to earn a spot and respect and are not awarded anything. VERY different and refreshing from the FatBoy Ryan era. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Amaro has had a strong start to training camp this season.

The New York Jets have released their first “unofficial” depth chart. No real surprises on this depth chart, the QB rotation is Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. That will change though once the preseason games reveal who the final three will be. It is highly unlikely that the Jets will use four roster spots on the quarterback position.

For the rest of the offense Kellen Davis is still listed as the starter at tight end. But if the #JetsCamp reports are any indication you can expect Jace Amaro to challenge for that spot. At right tackle Ben Ijalana is the starter but that will change once Breno  Giacomini returns from the PUP list.

The bottom of the wide receiver depth chart still needs to play itself out. Devin Smith is still on the PUP list and the team seems to be making some of the young wideouts earn their jobs before they move them up.

On defense rookie Jordan Jenkins from Georgia has the starting job at OLB. While fellow rookie Darron Lee is backing up Erin Henderson at ILB. With Lee’s speed you can expect to see him on the field in many situations, so we definitely wouldn’t worry about what the depth chart says.

The biggest question on defense remains the # 2 cornerback position. Who will start on the side of the field opposite of Darrelle Revis. Buster Skrine is listed as the # 2 but it is a passing league, so the Jets will have 3 cornerbacks on the field the majority of the time. Marcus Williams started camp as the favorite to win that spot but Dee Milliner is having a strong camp and if he proves that he can stay healthy we might finally see him in a starting role.

Here is the full depth chart, be sure to tell us what you think in our NY Jets message board.

Offense

Offense

Defense

Defense

Special Teams

SpecialTeams

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
Z3GT6GvSPfM

Click here to read the full story...

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Some of the selections are strange, Wide Receiver being one. No love for Jalin Marshall or Peake. Also Burris before he got hurt was having a great camp.

I'm not sold on this chart, it defiantly looks off to me, perhaps a little gamesmanship, or motivational tool for some?  

i agree.  make guys like lee and amaro earn it.  

an underestimated aspect of preseason is specials, since there are definitely roster spots up for grabs there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

KR / PR is very interesting ... Ross in first place, and Marshall only 4th.

That, coupled with his placing behind Kyle Williams at WR also, doesn't bode that well for him (notwithstanding the fact that this is, as pointed out above, a very early cut).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Love seeing Jordan Jenkins already earning a starting nod at OLB.

Right? Dude didn't even seem to struggle or take time figuring it out... he just stepped in. I hope he continues on that trajectory.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Right? Dude didn't even seem to struggle or take time figuring it out... he just stepped in. I hope he continues on that trajectory.

Soooo many teams had brought him in for a private visit before the draft, I was shocked that we were the ones able to land him. Major steal there, and he seems to already be paying off nicely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Brandon Shell at LT is interesting.  Charon Peake behind Chandler Worthy and Jalin Marshall with the "others" at WR is interesting

Lawrence Thomas might be a surprise at DE, we'll have to watch him closely vs Jaguars.  Taiwan Jones and Trevor Reilly on the 3rd team at LB shows what a tough road they are going to have to make the team.  Justin Burris at CB is another guy with long odds

He was just drafted in the 4th round...he isn't getting cut what so ever lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Soooo many teams had brought him in for a private visit before the draft, I was shocked that we were the ones able to land him. Major steal there, and he seems to already be paying off nicely.

Its early in camp....and depth charts are unofficial.  I bet Jenkins doesn't start 3rd preseason game.  I think he will see a good amount of playing time this year however and I think he can become a very good player over time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Soooo many teams had brought him in for a private visit before the draft, I was shocked that we were the ones able to land him. Major steal there, and he seems to already be paying off nicely.

I agree he looks good, but to be fair, a starting OLB from last year isn't here anymore - somebody had to get that spot :-)

 

When we release our depth chart to start the season, some other rookies/young players will hopefully have a starting/prominent role.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

Its early in camp....and depth charts are unofficial.  I bet Jenkins doesn't start 3rd preseason game.  I think he will see a good amount of playing time this year however and I think he can become a very good player over time.

I bet he does. He's probably already the most complete OLB the Jets have right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I agree he looks good, but to be fair, a starting OLB from last year isn't here anymore - somebody had to get that spot :-)

 

When we release our depth chart to start the season, some other rookies/young players will hopefully have a starting/prominent role.

Catapano was the starter before he got injured.  I don't expect that to change but lets see what they do in week 3 of ps.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Strange that Forte is listed as first string. I wasn't really expecting him to play. I wouldn't put too much stock into this right yet.

this isn't an official depth chart....i agree with you, I doubt Forte plays at all in this game.   Maybe not until week 1 of reg season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I bet he does. He's probably already the most complete OLB the Jets have right now.

Well, lets see what they do, maybe you are right.....but ill take that bet.  I say Mauldin & Catapano will be starters week 3 of preseason and week 1 of reg season and that no rookies will start for the Jets out of the gates on defense or offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nostradamus said:

Well, lets see what they do, maybe you are right.....but ill take that bet.  I say Mauldin & Catapano will be starters week 3 of preseason and week 1 of reg season and that no rookies will start for the Jets out of the gates on defense or offense.

Catapano has as many starts as Jenkins does. Catapano is solid depth and situational rusher. Not much more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...