Jets \ Jaguars: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

Jets \ Jaguars tonight, the season is finally here (preseason anyhow). Since I did so great last year with the game threads, you are welcome. I will gladly do it again this year.

Talk about the game here, let's go Jets.

Sounds silly but I am looking forward to seeing our new punter. Hopefully they don't need him much though. And it will be cool to see Hackenberg on the field to see where he is at.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both QB's had a lifetime worth of $h!t talked about them by this fan base all off-season.  Tonight, I hope they both go out and prove their respective doubters dead wrong...myself included.  I want to see Geno throw multiple TD's under heavy pressure with perfect coverage from the defender.  I'd love to see Fitz hit on at least one deep ball during his limited reps but  we may not see him throw more than a couple of quick slants before getting the hook.  

Either way...leaving for the stadium in 33 minutes!!

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Jets \ Jaguars tonight, the season is finally here (preseason anyhow). Since I did so great last year with the game threads, you are welcome. I will gladly do it again this year.

Talk about the game here, let's go Jets.

Sounds silly but I am looking forward to seeing our new punter. Hopefully they don't need him much though. And it will be cool to see Hackenberg on the field to see where he is at.

I'm excited to see Hack and Petty as well . I'm very interested to see how Lee's combine speed translates to NFL football :) .

Im also looking forward to the battle for the other CB spot

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm excited to see Hack and Petty as well . I'm very interested to see how Lee's combine speed translates to NFL football :) .

Im also looking forward to the battle for the other CB spot

i don't see hack playing much tonight, based on the limited reps he gets in camp.  if fitz gets 2 series tops, i would imagine geno and petty playing a combined 3 quarters.  the real issue is to see where petty is vs. geno.  this is one of the biggest unknowns in camp.

I want to see Geno and Jalin Marshall.  I hope Geno lights it up whoever he's going against whether it be 1st 2nd or 3td stringers.  I also want to see how far Amaro's blocking has progressed.  I'm not even worried about his hands I know he'll be fine in that department.

I'm just ready for some Jets football!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Both QB's had a lifetime worth of $h!t talked about them by this fan base all off-season.  Tonight, I hope they both go out and prove their respective doubters dead wrong...myself included.  I want to see Geno throw multiple TD's under heavy pressure with perfect coverage from the defender.  I'd love to see Fitz hit on at least one deep ball during his limited reps but  we may not see him throw more than a couple of quick slants before getting the hook.  

Either way...leaving for the stadium in 33 minutes!!

Excellent post!!!!!!!

I really hope some stupid lightning storm does not roll through delaying, or even cutting short this game.  Also it is down right nasty out there, I would expect a lot of sloppy football from both sides just because of this dangerous heat/humidity combo.  Game 2 might be the game we have to really get our first true evaluations of some of these players we all so badly want to see.

Anyways to all going to game stay hydrated, and be safe if lightning strikes.

Nice sunny day. Breeze starting to kick in and the sun. - which sets in the WEST: Goff you füçking idiot - is starting to wane in its omnipotent heating disposition. 

image.jpeg

good ode crowd starting to fill out 

53 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

I want to see Geno and Jalin Marshall.  I hope Geno lights it up whoever he's going against whether it be 1st 2nd or 3td stringers.  I also want to see how far Amaro's blocking has progressed.  I'm not even worried about his hands I know he'll be fine in that department.

I'm just ready for some Jets football!!!!!!!

Same! Add in Jordan Jenkins and Dee Milliner and that's the main guys i'm excited about seeing tonight. 

I thought it was interesting how Bowles jumped the gun and stated Mo would play, meanwhile Mo and the NY media - šhitmini, LaGreca, Kay- thought that would be a bad idea for Mo considering he just came off the PUP with no team drills practiced.

seems like someone -FO- overstepped HC and decided to sit Mo.

Guys who will NOT suit up tonight. 

The Jets' 13 scratches:

■ WR Kyle Williams

■ WR Devin Smith (Active/PUP)

■ RB Matt Forté

■ CB Dexter McDougle

■ RB Bernard Pierce

■ RB Khiry Robinson

■ RB Matthew Tucker

■ S Ronald Martin

■ LB Trevor Reilly

■ T Breno Giacomini (Active/PUP)

■ TE Wes Saxton

■ DE Muhammad Wilkerson

■ DL Steve McLendon

16 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

Same! Add in Jordan Jenkins and Dee Milliner and that's the main guys i'm excited about seeing tonight. 

I really hope Jenkins starts from day one and never gives up the spot.  That Jenkins/Lee/Mauldin trio could be a mix of speed and just straight nastiness for years.

I love Milliner and don't hate him as much as some people here seem to.  When healthy I really think he can be a top cb in my opinion based on what he did in college.  He needs to play a full season or else all that talent sadly goes to waste.

Almost game time!!!!!!

Archived