Pre Season Jets-Redskins Game Thread

joewilly12

7 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Oh please people , keep everything in perspective in preseason. Dallas has a STUD Oline. Sanchez looked great in his rookie year too in preseason behind our great Oline. Put Dak behind the line Petty had in front of him last night & lets see what happens.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://nypost.com/2016/08/20/banged-up-jets-list-includes-one-often-injured-cornerback/

In a surprise move, Jets center Nick Mangold did not play.

Mangold had missed practice on Tuesday and Wednesday, but coach Todd Bowles downplayed that saying they were just “rest days.”

Now, it looks as if Mangold may be dealing with something more serious.

The Jets have been cautious with Mangold throughout training camp, giving him plenty of rest. He suffered a neck injury last season that caused him to miss one game and leave another in the first half. Mangold has been an ironman in his career, missing four games in 10 years.

At the beginning of training camp, Mangold said this offseason had been one of his tougher ones and it took him a while to recover from his injuries. He also injured his hand last year.

With Mangold sidelined, Wesley Johnson started at center with Dakota Dozier and Kyle Friend behind him.

9 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It is important and Amaro needs to deliver on the "faith" that Fans have for him. 

TE is an important position because it can control the center of the field.

I think NE has proven that point over the last 4 years.... wouldn't you agree?

10 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

have we ever had a decent te, i guess keller pre ray lewis hit  but other then that i dont knw. guess i should watch nfl films from the 60s to see if there is any tangible evidence 

Mickey Shuler kicked *$$ in the 80's

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You didn't say that. You said no PLAYERS have stood out

There have definitely been some standouts but I think they're harder to spot when you're only rooting for one player and he's not performing well.

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Dak Prescott looks fantastic again this week. I don't know jack, but I feel like I was right about this dude. Harumph!

I watched this game as I live in Sout Fla and I didn't like Dak coming out but watching him last night, I see that I was wrong, this kid could be special. I know it the pre season but I was very impressed.

Archived