First team defense...

jetscrazey

watched game again today cause being super lazy but anywho 

defense

notice we are playing a lot of what looks like Buddy 46

Jarvis Jenkins is a liability in both pass and run.  Maybe we are not missing snacks as much as we are Mo who would be demanding double team in his place

S.Richardson is not nearly as good as Mo or Williams

Mauldin still has not prove to be every down player.  I'd like to see josh Martin run with 1s in his place

Lawrence Thomas is a keeper...j.jenkins better watch out

offense

why aren't we using any running backs? Is this a test for the QBs?

Bostik deserves a shot with the 1s

Winters is going to get Fitz killed

Breno....who needs him

Clady getting beat too much for comfort

Kyle Williams....why is he playing?

Sudfield looks like Sasquatch.. Get a haircut and shave for Christ sake ur on tv have u know pride?  Oh and hold onto ball why else do we need to look at ur ugly ass...

i don't know what to think on WR.  The obvious is Anderson had real good game and Marshal and Peake real bad one.  Time will tell with these 3.  My depth chart right now is b.marshal,decker,enunwa,Anderson,Peake,j.marshal...I like that db's have to give Anderson speed respect.  Allows for quick yardage when you need it.   However all this could change with next week game

18 hours ago, Goinggreen said:

It's preseason game two and the Jets starting defense looks awful once again. Mo asked for all that money when management should have pushed to resign Snacks to man the middle. Mo saw more double teams and was a non factor in the short time he played. I told everyone on Twitter and every others means hat Mo would not be as dominant without Snacks. Time will tell if I'm right?  ?

So you're saying you saw Mo doubled all game?

And Snacks, a nobody before coming to the Jets, made Mo.  Not the other way around? 

But you watched Mo last night? Lol

8 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Started off thinking, "this thread is gonna suck", but since then I've been laughing out loud. Lol. We're awesome Jets fans, gotta admit. You can lump me right in with the "sky is falling crowd", too. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Jets game in my life. It's a constant source of stress.

for the next 2-3 weeks, can we just all post under the assumption EVERYBODY knows it's just preseason yet has a right to be a little bit concerned?

I am discouraged about the 1st team D, too.

Any thread that includes someone calling out the play of someone who didn't even suit up is a big win.  

8 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Started off thinking, "this thread is gonna suck", but since then I've been laughing out loud. Lol. We're awesome Jets fans, gotta admit. You can lump me right in with the "sky is falling crowd", too. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Jets game in my life. It's a constant source of stress.

for the next 2-3 weeks, can we just all post under the assumption EVERYBODY knows it's just preseason yet has a right to be a little bit concerned?

I am discouraged about the 1st team D, too.

Any thread that includes someone calling out the play of someone who didn't even suit up is a big win.  

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:29 PM, Saul Goodman said:

Not worried about the defense at all. Bowles will have them swarming. 

It is hard to be concerned even if you tend to fret over things like that when the DL is playing without Wilkerson.  That is certainly true when looking at the DL.    The linebackers may be we should have figured would take a bit of sorting out to see how the new guys and Mauldin fit into their roles this year.  And Revis seems healthy and still a top cb, while Pryor we have every reason to think will be even better.

Having said that, the #2 cb position is a cause for concern.  Milliner did not make the bad plays of the week before, but again gave reason to be a bit concerned about the fragility issue.  I don't see Skrine as particularly comfortable as the #2.  And M Williams had a very bad game, pre-season or not.  I really want to have confidence in him, but he keeps failing to show he deserves it.

At this point despite the injury issues I am thinking it more likely that Milliner moves up the depth chart than that M Williams shows he belongs. 

On 8/19/2016 at 8:55 PM, GangisGreen said:

Posts like this is exactly why I hate preseason football.

QFT

It's amazing.  No game planning, no blitzing, not even the full depth chart and the sky is falling because of the preseason.  lmfao

I think it's safe to say, the Jets may have some CB depth issue and are gambling on a couple of young OLB's but nothing you've seen from the D means a damn thing.  Not one bit. 

Archived