***Jets Giants official Game Thread*** Teh Snoopy Bowl

Smashmouth

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I'm terrified of starting Fitzpatrick this year. 

Our QB situation is going to be an issue. Teams had the off-season to study Fitzpatrick and he is going to revert back to his career average numbers with our bad schedule. 

Our defense on the other hand... Phew... We're going to be hard to score on.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

to me it looked like a collarbone ... I broke mine by getting rolled over like that

He was moving his arm which is a decent sign. Hopefully he is ok because this defense looks awesome.

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yeah **** your touchdown throws. They don't count if you throw them the wrong way.

No, **** your interceptions, Because they count in week 17 when a Corner knows what you've done the prior 15 games of the season and read it all the way, watching Fitzpatrick stare down Decker meanwhile Chris Ivory was wide open in the flat with no defender around him for 10 yards on that play. 

It IS the wrong way. If you dont like this, we dont have to continue the conversation. 

Think the Jets are doing what the Pats did.  They played the backup first (Garoppolo) then the better QB (Brady) in.

Same here with Fitz starting and then having Geno come in.

.. thanks for clearing that up .. gahaha ... must be keeping their best backup on the bench on purpose then.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

No, **** your interceptions, Because they count in week 17 when a Corner knows what you've done the prior 15 games of the season and read it all the way, watching Fitzpatrick stare down Decker meanwhile Chris Ivory was wide open in the flat with no defender around him for 10 yards on that play. 

It IS the wrong way. If you dont like this, we dont have to continue the conversation. 

Amazing how one game changed the fanbase's reaction to Fitzpatrick. One game. An important game, but one game nonetheless

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Amazing how one game changed the fanbase's reaction to Fitzpatrick. One game. An important game, but one game nonetheless

Its the Jets fanbase. 

Petty has played a couple preseason games against 3rd stringers and guys who wont even be playing in two weeks and many fans want him to be the #2 over Geno. 

Amazing how I dont see you say anything about that tho. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is excuses. 

Fitz needs to stop staring down his receivers and keying his targets. 

Its not excuses lol. The rules of QB play aren't absolute just like everything else. In that play I think Fitz took the look he was getting from the defense and responded appropriately.  I don't normally take a shi*t in the woods but if I'm lost in the woods and I gotta take a shi*t ... well looks like I'm gunna be taking a shi*t in the woods. 

If you got a safety thats not in range to make a play and a CB who has his back turned and WR that you trust to turn at the part of the route you practiced than why not stare down the WR until it's the opportune time to throw it to him. 

The problem with Fitz last year was that all he did was throw it to Marshall or Decker and since Powell didn't come on till late in the season Fitze was often predictable. 

Interceptions that don't happen, do count.

Touchdowns that do happen, don't count, if the throw was "bad".

Staring down the receiver is bad if Fitz does it, but not if Geno does it.

This place is chock full o' football IQ.

Its the Jets fanbase. 

Petty has played a couple preseason games against 3rd stringers and guys who wont even be playing in two weeks and many fans want him to be the #2 over Geno. 

Everybody it seems wants him to be the #2 over Geno. And Geno has not helped himself in this regard.

2 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Its not excuses lol. The rules of QB play aren't absolute just like everything else. In that play I think Fitz took the look he was getting from the defense and responded appropriately.  I don't normally take a shi*t in the woods but if I'm lost in the woods and I gotta take a shi*t ... well looks like I'm gunna be taking a shi*t in the woods. 

If you got a safety thats not in range to make a play and a CB who has his back turned and WR that you trust to turn at the part of the route you practiced than why not stare down the WR until it's the opportune time to throw it to him. 

The problem with Fitz last year was that all he did was throw it to Marshall or Decker and since Powell didn't come on till late in the season Fitze was often predictable. 

ok. 

Its the Jets fanbase. 

how many years Geno has sucking up the place?

I will take the unknown over the awful cant be worse known

Its the Jets fanbase. 

Geno is the worst QB I have seen play in 47 years.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Its the Jets fanbase. 

Not making excuses for Petty, but the Jets 3rd string OL is way worse than any other teams 3rd string DL. It would be nice to see him play with the 2nds just to have a better idea.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It didn't change anything.

What it did was provide a case-in-point for those that already didn't want to root for him—giving them momentary validation. Problem is, the minute they follow "Fitz isn't good" with "Geno should start" it renders everything moot. 

Archived