Suggested BOOing Techniques For Tonight's Geno Smith Fiasco

SAR I

BOOOOOOOOO

[Traditional one-syllable low groan, lowest amount of effort and low effectiveness]

BOOO-BOOO-BOOO-BOOO

[Emphasis on the "B" makes the low groan appear more menacing, medium effort and medium effectiveness]

BOOOOOOOOOOO

[Starts as a low-groan, gets progressively louder, maximum effort and medium effectiveness]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[No fooling around, makes it very clear, supreme effort but supreme effectiveness]

Pick the boo that's right for you, first offensive play of the 3rd quarter let it rain down.

SAR I

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard pressed for me as a fan of the NY Jets to boo for any player in uniform its childish and immature especially when the person SAR I who ridicules blue collar workers and others for burping and farting then promotes this, 

Grow up SAR I regardless whether you boo or no it will have no great impact on the outcome of the game or the future of Geno Smith here. 

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hard pressed for me as a fan of the NY Jets to boo for any player in uniform its childish and immature especially when the person SAR I who ridicules blue collar workers and others for burping and farting then promotes this, 

Grow up SAR I regardless whether you boo or no it will have no great impact on the outcome of the game or the future of Geno Smith here. 

joewilly12

tumblr_nsyy4t5rdV1qf5yp8o1_1280.jpg

You're alone on this one.  There are like 2 Geno apologists left here.  You won't have to listen hard on TV tonight to hear the majority voice their opinions.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SAR I

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12

I think an exception needs to be made here.

Geno needs to go.

And you never know... SAR may burp and fart one day.

1 minute ago, Flushing Roots said:

I think an exception needs to be made here.

Geno needs to go.

And you never know... SAR may burp and fart one day.

If Fitzpatrick goes down I'm a little concerned though I have faith in Bryce Petty time will tell what happens with the entire situation whatever decision Macc and Bowles makes ok by me. 

The long dragged out Boo, has always been a fan favorite.  You might have a point with the short quick /boo.  Kind of new and sharp

Maybe you could get different sides of the stadium to do them in conjunction.  Perhaps geno could give 2 fingers at one time.  Kind of like a conductor.  

Just now, joewilly12 said:

If Fitzpatrick goes down I'm a little concerned though I have faith in Bryce Petty time will tell what happens with the entire situation whatever decision Macc and Bowles makes ok by me. 

I think Bryce Petty is going to be a great backup and a great starter one day.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ik was CUT by the Jets which pretty much sums up the fact he was GUILTY he should have also faced criminal charges and KARMA got him

Geno_Smith_Punchout_Broken_Jaw_Fight_New

IK Ekepmentaki is the most effective New York Jet since the arrival of of Mo Wilkerson.  Even Mo Wilkerson agrees.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SAR I

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nah, don't sweat it. 

If Fitz goes down the season is over anyway, it's better to let one of the talented kids get a shot than watch the talent-less one waste more of our time.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ik was CUT by the Jets which pretty much sums up the fact he was GUILTY he should have also faced criminal charges and KARMA got him 

Image result for ik bills injury pics

And smith was guilty and should have faced criminal chargers for attacking 72 YO Wally from behind.  You have a point, this probably was KARMA for geno

1 minute ago, faba said:

Support Geno until he is not part of this team- which could be soon- hah

geno_smith.jpg

Can't do it.  He doesn't move us forward.  He drags us backwards.

Under normal circumstances, I get it, you root for the laundry.  But not this time.  He's awful.  In fact, the only blemish on Maccagnan and Bowles tenure here is that he's still on the roster.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I look for this guy he hates Geno buy him a beer and he will scream and yell all night long just dont sit too close he pissed his pants. 

Looks like he's in the mezzanine, must have snuck down, I'll inform security if I see him, get him sent back up to the upper deck where he belongs.

SAR I

I'm not for booing him. As a matter of fact he still is probably our second best Qb.I was listening to the FAN this morning and the commentator said he had heard that Jets coaches when evaluating the film from last weeks game don't feel that Petty was so lights on. I think they keep Geno as our backup this year. 

Wow there is plain old trolling and then there is this thread which is on a whole nother level.

I love it.

Back on topic, the boo selection is limited and not personal enough.

I like the chants like the kind Joe Walton was treated to.

For Geno I think a standard chant such as Geno Must Go! ...Geno Must Go!  or perhaps the old sing song approach like a nice Bye Bye Geno ....Bye Bye Geno....Bye Bye Geno...its time to see you go.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Looks like he's in the mezzanine, must have snuck down, I'll inform security if I see him, get him sent back up to the upper deck where he belongs.

SAR I

Looks like he's in the next section over from you.  Better be careful.  He may bring down the secondary market prices for your seats.

Where's the old school chant instead of boos?

GENO MUST GO!

GENO MUST GO!

haha..if that happened, I'd feel really bad for him. No one deserves that crap, but this is NY--deal with it.

i hope he comes out and plays really well. But I think the odds of that happening are remote.

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

BOOOOOOOOO

[Traditional one-syllable low groan, lowest amount of effort and low effectiveness]

BOOO-BOOO-BOOO-BOOO

[Emphasis on the "B" makes the low groan appear more menacing, medium effort and medium effectiveness]

BOOOOOOOOOOO

[Starts as a low-groan, gets progressively louder, maximum effort and medium effectiveness]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[No fooling around, makes it very clear, supreme effort but supreme effectiveness]

Pick the boo that's right for you, first offensive play of the 3rd quarter let it rain down.

SAR I

Good fans don't boo their team.

/endofdiscussionforme

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What the hell are you talking about? Do you have a link to any of this? 

Iowa State DC on Geno Smith getting cold-cocked: 'Didn't surprise me'

Randy Peterson, rpeterson@dmreg.com4:56 p.m. CDT August 12, 2015

(Photo: AP)

AMES, Ia. – So Wally, are you surprised that a teammate cold-cocked New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith in the jaw?

Pause.

"Didn't surprise me," Iowa State's defensive coordinator Wally Burnham said after practice Wednesday.

Burnham knows all about run-ins with the former West Virginia star, whose jaw was broken by teammate IK Enemkpali during a locker room confrontation Tuesday reportedly over a $600 airplane ticket.

FOR THE WIN

Losing Geno Smith could be a blessing in disguise for the New York Jets

At halftime of the Iowa State-West Virginia game in 2012 at Jack Trice Stadium, Smith ran into Burnham as the teams headed toward their locker rooms.

"I was just walking," said Burnham, who was 71 in 2012. "He pushed me."

One of the first Cyclones on the scene was Wally's son, Shane, who coaches defensive tackles.

"We were holding for the West Virginia team to clear the field," Shane recalled Wednesday. "There was some extra-curricular activity after the last play of the half — Geno didn't appreciate something by somebody, and he took out his frustration on dad."

That didn't sit well with Shane, who did what every son would do.

"I reacted," Shane said. "Part of it is that it's your dad, and part of it is it's your Iowa State brother. It was family and football family for me. It was a double-whammy.

"He had some choice words for dad, and I might have had a few choice words in return."

Shane and Smith talked again on the field before the second half.

"We had a follow-up conversation," Shane said.

Was it nice?

"We continued the conversation," Shane said.

After the game, Cyclones linebacker Jake Knott tweeted:

"G. Smith trying to push over Coach W Burnham at half was the most classless thing I've seen. Esp. from a "leader" #GrowUp"

So after West Virginia won 31-24, did Smith apologize to Wally Burnham?

"You think so?" he responded.

That's a no.

Archived