Kaepernick......yes or no?

AFJF

Kaepernick....yes or now?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. If he's dumped, should the Jets make a run at him?

Never.  I've always felt like football Sunday's are an escape from every day life and it's a time to watch football.  Part of every day life these days seems to be politics and it has no place in football.  Kaepernick tried to use a time people use to enjoy life as a time for his agenda. 

He was a lousy player recently and seemed to have fallen apart. His sitting down for the National Anthem only shows his laziness and lack of brainpower.  If he has an issue go to a protest, write a senator, run for public office, etc.  

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, because he hasn't been a very good football player recently. He was the starter for a SB team team though, so maybe there's something to be salvaged. But I agree that he doesn't have the acumen to be a great QB anymore once the opposing D's got a read on him.

As for the Anthem thing, he has every right to do and say what he pleases. That said, actions have consequences. 

3 hours ago, King P said:

Damn near all of those things apply to Johnny Manziel as well, would you call Manziel another Geno? You damn well you wouldn't.

Funny because I never said anything about racism. I simply took a swipe at the common practice of comparing 1 Black QB to another. But go on with your deflection tactics.

**** it, I'll just block your bitch ass

I wouldn't compare Manziel to Geno because as much as I'm not a Geno fan, he's way better than Manziel. Like, not even close. 

6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It'll be out of the news cycle much quicker than Ray Rice was. Every time Ray Rice is brought up so is that video. That video will always have a larger impact than that grainy, eye in the sky photo of a dude sitting on the bench. 

Video is damning, but the reason no one thinks of anything else is because he hasn't done anything newsworthy since then. Look at Vick, while everyone remembers him being a sick, heartless scumbag, it's not the first thing everyone thinks of (though it is for many). Had Vick never played in the league again, it would be like with Rice. If Rice still started in the NFL (and even went to the pro bowl) years after everyone learned he's a disgusting lowlife, like Vick, it would have done wonders for his reputation as well.

So because he personally hasn't been "oppressed" means he can't speak up on Black issues?

You can't be serious

Sorry to upset your suburban sensibilities but that's not what I was saying. Just that many of his teammates and NFL colleagues have actually experienced this oppression first hand and yet they all stand. He isn't even doing this in solidarity with the actual victims. He is on oddball island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His play has regressed so badly since Harbaugh left that you wonder if his career was even salvageable but now throw this on top of it.

NO

I am not even going to touch the political side of this but I do find it funny that the league will let Kap do this but they go and tell the Dallas Cowboys that they have to remove the sticker on their helmets honoring the slain Dallas Police Officers.

Ok so i did. Sorry Max. That is the last I have to say on the subject

If Kap gets cut it will have nothing to do with him being "pc"...the guy is a terrible QB, he is essentially the same player as Tebow was. He depends on running the ball he can be mildly entertaining at times his problem is that he can't throw the ball which of course is one of the most important skills for a QB to have. He made Blaine Gabbert look good last season...think about that.

7 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Never.  I've always felt like football Sunday's are an escape from every day life and it's a time to watch football.  Part of every day life these days seems to be politics and it has no place in football.  Kaepernick tried to use a time people use to enjoy life as a time for his agenda. 

He was a lousy player recently and seemed to have fallen apart. His sitting down for the National Anthem only shows his laziness and lack of brainpower.  If he has an issue go to a protest, write a senator, run for public office, etc.  

Good post+

11 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

First off, I made a mistake of saying yes in the poll. I say no. Not because he is a bad QB or a good QB but because I like the quiet in Jetland. No need to bring circus back to Florham Park. Let him be somebody else's headache. If not this year or next year, in not a distant future we will eventually find our QB under this regime. 

I hope that teams have enough common sense to stay away from this idiot. I would rather have Geno (whom I dislike immensely as a QB) than someone who HATES America. 

Went to Jason's www.overthecap.com site to try & figure out if he gets any more $ being cut now ... Or has already been paid his 2016 full amount if cut now.  Think I need someone smarter than me to explain it though ... Please tell me he doesn't get anything else if cut for being a $h*tty QB!

Colin Kaepernick signed a six year, $114 million extension with the San Francisco 49ers on June 4, 2014. Kaepernick received $12,973,766 in full guarantees made up of a $645,000 base salary and $12,328,766 signing bonus. From 2015 through 2017 his entire base salary is guaranteed for injury only as is $5.2 million of his 2018 base salary. If Kaepernick is on the 49ers roster on April 1 of the respective League Year the guarantee vests to full. Kaepernick can earn $2 million per year in per game roster bonuses. $12 million in escalators are available. In order to earn the full escalator amount Kaepernick must participate in 80% of the offensive snaps in 2014 and either be named first or second team All Pro or be on the active roster of a Super Bowl team. For each year that this is not accomplished the escalator value reduces by $2 million.

12 hours ago, JetUp81 said:

HELL NO.  That SOB should have to pay back any money that he has earned thus far, if he doesn't make the 49ers roster.

He and Josh "I-Punch-My-Wife" Brown both need to have their numbers called.  The NFL has to quit accepting this type of behavior from these over-paid prima-donnas that can't act properly in society.  

It's REAL SIMPLE -- and all of us are able to do it!  

1) Do NOT beat women, stalk them, and/or threaten their kids.  

2) Stand-up for the National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance.

I know Kap didn't stand for the pledge but did he also do item #1 on your list?  If not, then I'm FOR the Jets pursuing Kap.

23 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

I hope that teams have enough common sense to stay away from this idiot. I would rather have Geno (whom I dislike immensely as a QB) than someone who HATES America. 

I know politics are off-limits on this forum but I defend Kap's right to do what he did.  As a hero of mine once said, "we don't have freedom of speech to talk about the weather".

11 hours ago, King P said:

I'll take him.

And I don't have any problem with what he did. I'm sorry, but isn't this country built on freedom of expression? Kaepernick is just using his god given rights.

Don't like it? Boo hoo, get over it!

Here here!  Disappointing that most people don't seem to get that.

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know politics are off-limits on this forum but I defend Kap's right to do what he did.  As a hero of mine once said, "we don't have freedom of speech to talk about the weather".

You're absolutely right.  The right to speak ones mind free from Government oppression is sacrosanct and inviolate.

That freedom, however, does NOT come with freedom from repercussions, nor freedom from response and retort by other free speaking individuals.

Kap could speak his mind without disrespecting the entire country than gives him the very freedoms we speak of here.  By doing what he did, he is disrespecting all of us as a whole, the exact kind of lumping-all-together generalism/sterotyping he claims to be against.  He might want to remember that too when he chooses his next public socially conscious objections.

I will say no more, as I try very hard to respect Max's "No Politics" rule here.  But Kap is no Ali, be assured.

And frankly, the reality is he is a broken sh*tty QB today.  Folks need to stop this silly idea that he's still the guy who played in the Super Bowl.  He isn't.  He's barely Tebow-like these days.  There is no need for him in New York Green whatsoever, unless you want an overpaid H-Back developmental project.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know politics are off-limits on this forum but I defend Kap's right to do what he did.  As a hero of mine once said, "we don't have free speech to talk about the weather".

I did not say i wanted him arrested. That is protecting his right to free speech. I said I do not want him in the NFL. It is my right to feel that way.

I vote no simply because he is a QB that is struggling and stinks IMO. As a side note his leadership is also suspect again IMHO. Many people on this site don't want Geno on the Jets because they don't think he's a good leader and Kap is another QB with similar leadership qualities.

Just saw a documentary on Barry Sanders career last nite. NFL could use more players with his attitude, character and work ethic. Truly a football hero and model for kids today.

6 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He is certainly better than Fitzpatrick.. But the greatest city in the world should never accept such a scumbag.. I know jets play in nj, but we represent Nyc.. After 9/11, Nyc sport teams need to lead the way in patriotism.. No way that POS will EVER play here.. 

How is he "certainly" better than Fitz? He's been beaten out by Blaine Gabbert TWICE!  He got hot for a couple years playing a unique brand of football and when teams figured him out he imploded and will never be a serviceable QB in the NFL again. Not to mention he is a cancer.  

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

How is he "certainly" better than Fitz? He's been beaten out by Blaine Gabbert TWICE!  He got hot for a couple years playing a unique brand of football and when teams figured him out he imploded and will never be a serviceable QB in the NFL again. Not to mention he is a cancer.  

I am with you. Physical  ability is a small part of being a QB. A high Football IQ is the largest part of it. I do not see Colin's leadership abilities or football IQ to come close to Fitz. 

9 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

exactly.  even if someone shares my views, I don't want to hear about it. 

Archived