Bengals still have some bite

Jetster

Watched the 1st 2 quarters last night of Bengal vs Jaquars. Bengal starting front put a hurtin on the Jags O that went through us like a knife through butter. I know, I know, Mo wasn't playing ect., but Geno Atkins is gonna be a big ol PITA lining up over Winters. Fitzy needs to get his sh*t together & play clean in this game. WE CANNOT TURN THE BALL OVER vs this Cincy team & win. Their front is LEGIT. They hit on a couple nice screens to Bernard & Hill. They didn't go 12-4 by luck.

I feel this whole game will be determined by our Oline play & how quickly Fitz gets rid of the ball. Chan needs to call a great game. This will be a FG nailbiter, we need at least 2 long FGs from Folk hero to take this one. Even without Eifert & Burfict, these Bengals are deep.

The only thing the Jets have going for them is the Bengals are basically working in a brand new offense outside of AJ Green and RB's.  

If Revis can do his magic on AJ and the big boys can shut down the run game, the Jets can win.  This game will be won or loss in the trenches. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

The only thing the Jets have going for them is the Bengals are basically working in a brand new offense outside of AJ Green and RB's.  

If Revis can do his magic on AJ and the big boys can shut down the run game, the Jets can win.  This game will be won or loss in the trenches. 

Watching last night, 2 things stood out. Their Dline & Oline are very good & very physical. They punched the Jags in the mouth & the Jags folded pretty quickly.

Your right, the Jets need to match that physical play. They lost Peerman to a broken forearm, so they will play without a very good player at on every phase of the game. Eifert on offense, Burfict on defense & Peerman on special teams (pro bowl player & captain on STs).

I really don't see the Jets offense putting up more then 13-17 points so the Jets D will have to win this by themselves, and probably going to need a turnover for 6 to get the Jets in the 20-24 point range, or a bunch of TO's that add up to like 3 FG's.  If Bengals put up 3 TD's the game is over.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's time to get back to our dominant ways against the Bengals.  From 1992-2010, we won 9 of 10 matchups.  Then the Bengals kicked our tails 49-9 in 2013.  They're not a much different team from 3 years ago, but we certainly are. 

Marvin Jones & Sanu killed us too. Both gone, replaced by Brandon Lafell & rookies. We need Revise to shutdown Green, our LBs & Safeties to sniff out their many screen passes and we should be OK on defense. We need to at LEAST matriculate the ball just enough to flip field position against that stout front so we can take some shots without being backed up to our own goal posts. We'll find out right away how much better our STs are & if we finally found a punter.

Some of the keys to winning the game are:

On Defense

- Stop their running game (Hill & Bernard) which we're usually pretty good at

- CIN lost a ton of talent at WR (Jones & Sanu) during the off-season.  And
Eifert is going to be out with an injury.  Their best WR after Green is
Brandon (I drop everything) Lafell, who stinks.  So on paper we actually want
Dalton throwing the ball to sub-par WR's.  Put Revis on Green with Gilchrist
over the top and dare them to throw to Lafell

On Offense

- Atkins and Dunlap must be controlled on their DLine or they'll wreck the game

- To me their biggest weakness is at the LB spot where they have two older plodding
players in Dansby & Maulaluga.  Gailey needs to devise a plan getting Forte, Powell
and Enunwa onto those players in 1 on 1 matchups

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

They're going to shred our OL. This is going to be a very tough game for us to win.

I'm definitely concerned about our Oline! Dunlap, Atkins, Peko, Johnson! Yikes, and they have played together since 2010! Peko is very underrated, but he's hard to miss making tackles inside with that bushy hair shooting out from under his helmet. Thank god we have Chan Gailey at OC & not one of Rex Minions running up the gut on the 1st & 2nd downs. Open it up, force Cincy to play wide & use Forte & Powell in the passing game. We have to be successful at chain moving, showing patience & holding on to the f*cking ball. Fitz needs to be careful with tipped balls too, these guys knock down a lot of passes.

11 minutes ago, KRL said:

On Defense

Brandon (I drop everything) Lafell, who stinks.  So on paper we actually want

On Offense

- To me their biggest weakness is at the LB spot where they have two older plodding
players in Dansby & Maulaluga.  Gailey needs to devise a plan getting Forte, Powell

- Score more points

20 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I really don't see the Jets offense putting up more then 13-17 points so the Jets D will have to win this by themselves, and probably going to need a turnover for 6 to get the Jets in the 20-24 point range, or a bunch of TO's that add up to like 3 FG's.  If Bengals put up 3 TD's the game is over.

Isn't this true of any game when Fitzpatrick is your QB?

22 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I hear ya, that's why Folk & field position by our new special teams might be the difference in this one. When you play top 5 defenses you need some plays on STs like a long return or blocked punt to set your offense up. These teams are TOUGH, to go 80 yards on.

40 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Watching last night, 2 things stood out. Their Dline & Oline are very good & very physical. They punched the Jags in the mouth & the Jags folded pretty quickly.

Your right, the Jets need to match that physical play. They lost Peerman to a broken forearm, so they will play without a very good player at on every phase of the game. Eifert on offense, Burfict on defense & Peerman on special teams (pro bowl player & captain on STs).

They might be the most physical team in the league at the point of attack.  The Jets will have their hands full.  Fitz is pretty much useless without a running game...so lets hope the boys upfront can make some room for Forte and Powell.

We have done well with the Bengals in the past. Being at home helps too. Our offense looks shaky but our D does not! That said if we can stop the run and pressure Dalton we should be ok. I still think Fitz will get his you know what together by Week 1. Also lets not forget the best weapon on the team, B Marshall was not on the field against the Giants.

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

We have done well with the Bengals in the past. Being at home helps too. Our offense looks shaky but our D does not! That said if we can stop the run and pressure Dalton we should be ok. I still think Fitz will get his you know what together by Week 1. Also lets not forget the best weapon on the team, B Marshall was not on the field against the Giants.

I think our RBs in the passing game vs the LBs is another key. Those big boys for Cincy are tough up front so they don't have to bring extra guys in the box. We need to get Forte & Powell one on one with some LBs & hope they can slip a tackle & be off to the races.

I see us losing this game due to our o-line not  being able to handle their defensive pressure. They will shut down the run and blanket Marshall in double coverage. Being so early in the season I just do not see Fitz coming out firing on all cylinders and being able to find the mismatches that decker and enunwa can make. I expect it to get ugly pretty fast for the offense with a few sacks and a fumble or pick in the first quarter.

On the other end I expect our defense to be just as good as the bengals. Unfortunately we are not facing fitz ourselves and dalton is a much better qb in comparison. He will make a few big plays to put them up early and we will be playing catch up the rest of the way. I see us losing by two scores, probably 10-24.

I do think we go into buffalo the next week and smash rex's team of misfit toys into the ground.

My Bengals looked great in the 1st half last night. Basically did whatever they wanted. Losing RB Peerman hurts a bit, but he was #3 anyway. I'm feeling pretty confident we can break the streak of losing to the Jets at your house. It's been too long.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Watched the 1st 2 quarters last night of Bengal vs Jaquars. Bengal starting front put a hurtin on the Jags O that went through us like a knife through butter. I know, I know, Mo wasn't playing ect., but Geno Atkins is gonna be a big ol PITA lining up over Winters. Fitzy needs to get his sh*t together & play clean in this game. WE CANNOT TURN THE BALL OVER vs this Cincy team & win. Their front is LEGIT. They hit on a couple nice screens to Bernard & Hill. They didn't go 12-4 by luck.

I feel this whole game will be determined by our Oline play & how quickly Fitz gets rid of the ball. Chan needs to call a great game. This will be a FG nailbiter, we need at least 2 long FGs from Folk hero to take this one. Even without Eifert & Burfict, these Bengals are deep.

Bengals can bite this

jets D gonna put a world of hate on them and smack their QB like the red headed step child he is

4 hours ago, KRL said:

On Defense

Brandon (I drop everything) Lafell, who stinks
.  So on paper we actually want

On Offense

Actually i would say the rookie Tyler Boyd will see much more time than Lafell and he's a very good reciever.

6 hours ago, slats said:

Isn't this true of any game when Fitzpatrick is your QB?

Curiosity forced me to actually check ... And obviously the D & ST had some impact

Technically, discounting Oak, ...9 games last year we scored more then 21 points & 6 games less :)  

Fitzpaidtrick has looked epically bad this preseason. Like wtf kinds of bad. Like watching 2 girls and a cup kind of bad. I realize he's our best option and don't dispute that at all, but I don't have confidence beating anyone with him as QB given his history and what we've seen so far this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Fitzpaidtrick has looked epically bad this preseason. Like wtf kinds of bad. Like watching 2 girls and a cup kind of bad. I realize he's our best option and don't dispute that at all, but I don't have confidence beating anyone with him as QB given his history and what we've seen so far this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His 2015 regular season had some ups, downs, ups, down, ... But more ups once everything was said & done.

he has played more bad then good in limited time of his 2016 preseason ... Certainly not as bad as your exaggerated description though.

whch of those 2 (2015 15 game regular season vs. 2016 3 game preseason with limited snaps possible equivalent to 4 quarters total ) do you think should carry more weight with what we should expect his performance to be this regular season?

Archived