feedback on my draft please

neckdemon

12 team league. 1/2ppr scoring. draft pick trading. this is the first year of a keeper league. 

qbs - carson palmer, matthew stafford

wrs - brandon marshall, brandin cooks, josh gordon, emmanuel sanders, torrey smith, laquon treadwell

rbs - lesean mccoy, eddie lacy, danny woodhead, derrick henry, deandre washington

tes - gronkowski, martellus bennett

def - jets

k - haushka

No offense but I don't love it for a keeper league. Treadwell and Henry are good picks but you should have went for more players on the younger side. I don't love either qb even for a non keeper league I would have taken either mariota or Winston over either of them.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

No offense but I don't love it for a keeper league. Treadwell and Henry are good picks but you should have went for more players on the younger side. I don't love either qb even for a non keeper league I would have taken either mariota or Winston over either of them.

no offense taken. but first of all i dont think qbs are relevant since i wouldnt use a keeper on a qb at all. it's only 3 keepers so the keeper aspect isn't exactly prominent. but cooks is young and promising, gordon if he stays clean is young and promising, and deandre washington is a pretty good keeper candidate also. i like winston but someone reached for him early. i dont like mariota at all. 

no offense taken. but first of all i dont think qbs are relevant since i wouldnt use a keeper on a qb at all. it's only 3 keepers so the keeper aspect isn't exactly prominent. but cooks is young and promising, gordon if he stays clean is young and promising, and deandre washington is a pretty good keeper candidate also. i like winston but someone reached for him early. i dont like mariota at all. 

I think mariota and Winston are both going to be good fantasy options this year but I agree that if you only keep three it's not worth it for a qb. Both of your qbs are good NFL qbs they just worry me as far as fantasy goes...Stafford lost his best target and Palmer is the only fantasy player I ever used that got me negative points in a game. Cooks looked good last preseason too but he didn't pan out I fell for him last year and paid for it.

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I think mariota and Winston are both going to be good fantasy options this year but I agree that if you only keep three it's not worth it for a qb. Both of your qbs are good NFL qbs they just worry me as far as fantasy goes...Stafford lost his best target and Palmer is the only fantasy player I ever used that got me negative points in a game. Cooks looked good last preseason too but he didn't pan out I fell for him last year and paid for it.

yeah cooks was sort of boom or bust last year and started slow. but the second half of the season he was a lot better. looking for the 3rd year breakout for him

On 8/30/2016 at 2:00 PM, neckdemon said:

12 team league. 1/2ppr scoring. draft pick trading. this is the first year of a keeper league. 

qbs - carson palmer, matthew stafford

wrs - brandon marshall, brandin cooks, josh gordon, emmanuel sanders, torrey smith, laquon treadwell

rbs - lesean mccoy, eddie lacy, danny woodhead, derrick henry, deandre washington

tes - gronkowski, martellus bennett

def - jets

k - haushka

How many keepers carry over? How is their next-year value determined - one pick higher than where you drafted them? Have to be on the roster at end of year? The keeper rules makes a big difference for evaluating the draft here.

In general, I like Derrick Henry, Deandre Washington, Laquon, Cooks and Gordon as potential keepers - if the rules are that your later rounders can be kept for similar value the following year. 

I'm guessing you had what - the 9th pick overall? Gronk, BMarsh then Mccoy in first 3 rounds isn't terrible. Cooks could be huge, I'm a believer in him. I'm not a believer in Eddie Lacy. Woodhead is a great pick in ppr of any sort. SD is going to throw constantly. 

Overall, not bad. I personally don't see the case for taking Gronk in round 1 this year. Several years ago, when he scored 100 points more than the next best TE, sure. Not now, not with 7-8 other TE that will average 1-2 points less per game than him. The position scarcity isn't what it used to be. You also have to consider that he may only give you mediocre numbers for 4 weeks without Brady, then a bye week. So, you spent your first rounder on a TE that is only going to live up to his billing for maybe 9 of the likely 14 regular season fantasy games you use him in. 

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

How many keepers carry over? How is their next-year value determined - one pick higher than where you drafted them? Have to be on the roster at end of year? The keeper rules makes a big difference for evaluating the draft here.

In general, I like Derrick Henry, Deandre Washington, Laquon, Cooks and Gordon as potential keepers - if the rules are that your later rounders can be kept for similar value the following year. 

I'm guessing you had what - the 9th pick overall? Gronk, BMarsh then Mccoy in first 3 rounds isn't terrible. Cooks could be huge, I'm a believer in him. I'm not a believer in Eddie Lacy. Woodhead is a great pick in ppr of any sort. SD is going to throw constantly. 

Overall, not bad. I personally don't see the case for taking Gronk in round 1 this year. Several years ago, when he scored 100 points more than the next best TE, sure. Not now, not with 7-8 other TE that will average 1-2 points less per game than him. The position scarcity isn't what it used to be. You also have to consider that he may only give you mediocre numbers for 4 weeks without Brady, then a bye week. So, you spent your first rounder on a TE that is only going to live up to his billing for maybe 9 of the likely 14 regular season fantasy games you use him in. 

Actually I didn't have a first rounder at all. I took gronk at 15. 3 keepers. You keep at same round they were drafted. So for instance I can keep laquon with a 14th round pick. You are allowed to keep anyone on your roster at the end of the year even if you trade for them. Unless they were a free agent pick up, they aren't available as keepers. 

Archived