Bridgewater

LockeJET

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Stave is apparently listed as the # 3 currently, but who knows how much confidence they have in him.  Last year Heinicke was on the roster and they carried 3 QB's, so if they do that again, they'll either have the depth chart as Hill-Stave-Heinicke OR they'll bring in a veteran and cut one of the 2 young guys, perhaps stashing one on the practice squad.

i watched some of the vikings preseason game this past weekend.  stave came in and looked ok but fumbled the ball away the first two series.  definitely not ready.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry teddy

as a sports jinx, I decided after seeing the vikings new stadium, I was going to adopt the vikings as my B team this year, seeing that I am a viking myself.

I almost got thor, teddy could not escape my wrath

damn, they are in mourning

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater went down with a non-contact injury during practice Tuesday, causing the team to call off its final preseason practice after 25 minutes.

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

this is going to happen

i have a feeling vikings will be under ton pressure for geno

Geno Smith will be the Jets number 2 Qb.  The Vikings have no interest in Petty, as they need a proven veteran Qb.( legitimate super bowl aspirations ). I Think they going after the Browns backup Qb.

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Geno Smith will be the Jets number 2 Qb.  The Vikings have no interest in Petty, as they need a proven veteran Qb.( legitimate super bowl aspirations ). I Think they going after the Browns backup Qb.

And your foresight up until this point has been absolutely unflappable... 

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

well if I were them I would probably want Sanchize because they are a running team..but I think they will want Geno

Take my back-up QB please!!!! Hey Geno asked the Jets to take him somewhere he has never been.....the Jets said how about the end zone? Our back-up QB...I'LL tell ya.........He's so bad his own dog won't play with him unless he has pork cops tied around his neck......Geno Smith what a guy....he loves to play the game......just not well. Thank You you have been a lovely audience. Good night.

13 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

well if I were them I would probably want Sanchize because they are a running team..but I think they will want Geno

If you have serious super bowl aspirations , why would you want Mark Sanchez . You want at the very least a game manager who protects the football.   Neither Mark Sanchez , or  Geno Smith fit that criteria.( ball security is big problems for both Qb's). 

12 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Take my back-up QB please!!!! Hey Geno asked the Jets to take him somewhere he has never been.....the Jets said how about the end zone? Our back-up QB...I'LL tell ya.........He's so bad his own dog won't play with him unless he has pork cops tied around his neck......Geno Smith what a guy....he loves to play the game......just not well. Thank You you have been a lovely audience. Good night.

ROFL, excellent.

SAR I

Hopefully Bridgewater recovers fast but Shaun Hill is capable of starting and one of the better backup Qbs in the league. With him I don't think they need Sanchez or Geno. Maybe they will sign a Mettlenberg or someone like that to back him up. I'm not too familar with the other Qbs on their roster I think I saw Stave play the other day. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Hopefully Bridgewater recovers fast but Shaun Hill is capable of starting and one of the better backup Qbs in the league. With him I don't think they need Sanchez or Geno. Maybe they will sign a Mettlenberg or someone like that to back him up. I'm not too familar with the other Qbs on their roster I think I saw Stave play the other day. 

their 3rd stringer, stave, would have this fan base in a tizzy.  big kid, great arm

I don't think the vikes panic here at all

Speaking Tuesday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer confirmed Teddy Bridgewater's knee injury is "significant."

Zimmer refused to formally announce that Bridgewater is out for the season, but seemed resigned to the fact. The Vikes will get official word after more testing. Anything from a torn ACL to torn patellar tendon is a possibility. Shaun Hill is now the starter, though the Vikings will be searching for more depth. Colin Kaepernick is the biggest name available, but his collapsed play, off-the-field distractions and salary are all significant hurdles to an acquisition

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

their 3rd stringer, stave, would have this fan base in a tizzy.  big kid, great arm

I don't think the vikes panic here at all

I don't know this big arm big kid stuff doesn't always translate on the field. It's more about from the neck up. But we have two kids like that who are big and strong and throw the ball hard. 

Kevin Seifert NFL Nation 

Reading the tea leaves of Mike Zimmer's comments, there appears little hope that Teddy Bridgewater will play this season for the Vikings. At the moment, he is sedated and undergoing an MRI. The question turns now to his long-term status. Can the Vikings count on him for 2017?

seifert_kevin_m.jpg
Kevin Seifert NFL Nation 

Mike Zimmer has turned emotional talking about Teddy Bridgewater's. "I love the kid," he said. Zimmer also referenced his wife's death seven years ago. Zimmer said it was a sad day, but the sun came up the next morning.

goessling_ben_m.jpg

Ben Goessling ESPN Staff Writer 

Mike Zimmer: "I've talked to Coach Parcells a couple times today. In spirit, I've talked to my dad. Everybody can count us out if they want. I think that'd be the wrong thing to do."

Mike Zimmer calls Teddy Bridgewater's knee injury "significant" and says tests are underway. "Possible" that it is season-ending. Zimmer said he talked to the team and is surprisingly upbeat. Still, a wrenching day for a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

Mike Zimmer on Teddy Bridgewater playing this season: "It doesn't look good right now." He said he has confidence in Shaun Hill.

Teddy Bridgewater suffered a significant knee injury, Mike Zimmer said. The team doesn't know the extent of it yet; Bridgewater is having more tests.

Lota flotsam available for the Vikings if they like.  Mettercraper got cut.  No shortage of overhyped #2/#3's they could toss a 7th round pick for.  

And word today is Geno is not playing in PS Game #4, so looks like he locked down the #2 job here.

It's a damn shame to hear.  Those who know me from JI know that I was firm believer in Teddy, even if it meant using a first round pick on him in the 2014 draft.  Really thought he was going to shine this year and by all accounts his preseason play showed evidence of that.  Also really sucks for the Vikings because they have a really good team up there.

Prayers up for the young fella. 

Archived