Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

haha.  That's a better one.  lmfao

yeah there was a whole 2 minutes and 44 seconds left..  Fitz is always solid when he has to come back down a couple TD's in the 4th.  

Surprised these plays are foreign to you.  They are literally the 2 plays that these guys have been screaming about for a year.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pac said:

yeah there was a whole 2 minutes and 44 seconds left..  Fitz is always solid when he has to come back down a couple TD's in the 4th.  

Surprised these plays are foreign to you.  They're are literally the 2 plays that these guys have been screaming about for a year.

He took bad sacks trying to extend plays in a game that was long and over.  I get it.  It was stupid and you'd like to see different but this is like screaming at a relief pitcher for hanging a curve in the 9th inning down 10 runs.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He took bad sacks trying to extend plays in a game that was long and over.  I get it.  It was stupid and you'd like to see different but this is like screaming at a relief pitcher for hanging a curve in the 9th inning down 10 runs.

Not understanding the rules/situation is more of the concern. When you're rushed out of the pocket all you need to do is throw it out of bounds past the line of scrimmage. Didnt he do the same thing the other night agianst the Redskins? He still didnt understand the rule...

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Your analogy only works if Geno Smith is Aaron Heilman, not Jeurys Familia.  The latter gets the benefit of the doubt when that happens.  The former gets ripped, and rightly so, because the reason he hung that curveball is he sucks.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not understanding the rules/situation is more of the concern. When you're rushed out of the pocket all you need to do is throw it out of bounds past the line of scrimmage. Didnt he do the same thing the other night agianst the Redskins? He still didnt understand the rule...

Again, it looked like he thought he could get it with his feet.  Should he have flung it out of bounds once he realized he couldnt?  Yes.  Did it matter?  No.  They punted anyway.

The other gif, I'm with ya.  That was boneheaded, especially since he had a WR on the sidelines.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your analogy only makes if Geno Smith is Aaron Heilman, not Jeurys Familia.  The latter gets the benefit of the doubt when that happens.  The former gets ripped, and rightly so, because the reason he hung that curveball is he sucks.

lmfao.  I've got nothing.

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Well this one was on the very next possession:

XZLl1H.gif

This is why all the weaponzzzzz talk is irrelevant to Geno and sanchez.  On that play he had time, the defender stumbled, the receiver was wide open, Geno doesn't throw it then looks to the same receiver who is now covered and takes a heinous sack. 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Bridgewater just got hurt so maybe the Vikings are an option...

Hate to see that kind of thing, as weird as this sounds grabbing a knee could be less serious than if it was one of those bizarre injured achilles for no reason deals.  Hope he is okay,.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Again, it looked like he thought he could get it with his feet.  Should he have flung it out of bounds once he realized he couldnt?  Yes.  Did it matter?  No.  They punted anyway.

The other gif, I'm with ya.  That was boneheaded, especially since he had a WR on the sidelines.

lmfao.  I've got nothing.

The point is that this is about as simple of a "situation" as you can have.  If you are outside the pocket, you throw it away. not only is it correct and smart but it is even easier than turning away from the line of scrimmage and running backwards and out of bounds.  Conceptually, it doesnt get any easier than that. really.

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He has to understand it, has to...

Yes..  no other good QB has made a similar type play in the history of the NFL.  Never.  

These 2 plays down 2 tds with less than 4 minutes left are overwhelming proof that he has regressed and can never be a good QB.  

I'm starting to see the light.

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

The point is that this is about as simple of a "situation" as you can have.  If you are outside the pocket, you throw it away. not only is it correct and smart but it is even easier than turning away from the line of scrimmage and running backwards and out of bounds.  Conceptually, it doesnt get any easier than that. really.

It looked like he got pushed backward and out of bounds...but I'm not arguing.  He should have flung it out of bounds.  QB should do lots of stuff they dont sometimes.  It's game. They're human.  Nobody is perfect. Even the best.

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Bridgewater just got hurt so maybe the Vikings are an option...

That's rough.  Teddy seems like a good dude and the Vikings were looking like they were getting ready to have a pretty stellar season.  Hate to see that happen. 

45 minutes ago, Pac said:

hardy har har..  another tool of the lunatic fringe.

claim that anyone who comes to the defense of Geno thinks he's the greatest QB in the NFL.

never mind that all I've ever said is he's got talent and I'd like to see him with a legitimate shot.  I've seen Fitzpatrick with a legit shot for 11 years and the result is 1 season with more than 7 wins.

theyhate_zpsnvovzz7q.jpg

SAR I

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yes..  no other good QB has made a similar type play in the history of the NFL.  Never.  

These 2 plays down 2 tds with less than 4 minutes left are overwhelming proof that he has regressed and can never be a good QB.  

Quick...would you take Teddy Bridgewater, Geno...or Sanchez?

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

They are not going to get it. It's like Stockholm syndrome or something. 

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I thought that Jets fans on this board were more knowledgeable than this.... gives me a sad

shiiiiiiittttt, if you think that the game is over when you are down by 2 scores with almost 5 mins on the clock, you are mistaken.  dont change that channel so soon.  I'll stay till the end.  I watched the Jets vs Fish on that monday night comeback here in FL.  I was chasing fans out of the marriot bar at the end :P 

18 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Some people are just contrarians.  They see a consensus and want to pretend they see something everyone else doesn't.

And maybe some are posting from Smith's agent's office.  Things must be fun over there, I guess.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

What inning did this relief pitcher come in this game... And what was the score?

1 hour ago, Pac said:

These 2 plays, along with the rest of the game ... Are examples that in year 4 he is the same as year 2 ... Which was the same as year 1 ... Bad

1 hour ago, JiF said:

It looked like he got pushed backward and out of bounds...but I'm not arguing.  He should have flung it out of bounds.  QB should do lots of stuff they dont sometimes.  It's game. They're human.  Nobody is perfect. Even the best.

The best learn as they go though ... And make fewer mistakes and more correct plays over time based on that learning

6 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Some people are just contrarians.  They see a consensus and want to pretend they see something everyone else doesn't.

And maybe some are posting from Smith's agent's office.  Things must be fun over there, I guess.

Sadly for you Bowles, Macc, and Gailey appear to be 3 of those contrarians.

32 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Positions have been taken, arguments have been fashioned, revised and then doubled down on so many times at this point that we will never see admissions of reality that differ in any practical degree from those original positions.  Such an admission would call into question the number of zeroes that have become attached to the size and wisdom of the bets that have been made here.

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I 

I would rather admit I was wrong about a 22 year old quarterback who went on an 18-4 run, led 5 epic fourth quarter comebacks in an 11 win season, and won 4 road playoff games than hang on to hope that Geno Smith is the second coming of Joe Montana.

Geno Smith.  LOL.  You really want to take the hit for that?

SAR I

Archived