Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they get a bonafide draft pick I'd take it. That means it's not a conditional pick. Like a 6th round pick. It gets rid of a log jam with Qbs, gives a chance to Petty (who is unproven) who at this stage of his development should be ready to be a backup. If they get no true offer then I keep Geno. I think that maybe the Cowboys have inquired. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The phone is ringing off the hook, I hear.  

Can't wait until this insanity is over.  The avalanche of stupidity I've seen the last few months is almost too much to bear.  It's borderline unreadable but I'm too addicted to leave.  F me.

19 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Didn't post this earlier because the original source was Manish.  Tweeted Lopresti about it who said he can't speak for Manish, but he was told the same thing.

No word on asking price.

Manish also said something today about how the Jets don't trust Petty as #2. I think that these writers don't know sh*t this year, and are picking 1 of 2 outcomes and hoping they hit.

Just now, Pac said:

The avalanche of stupidity I've seen the last few months is almost too much to bear.

I know right?  Can you believe that just a couple months ago, people were actually trying to argue that Geno would be the starting QB of the Jets in Week 1 of this season?  Stupidity indeed.

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Pretty sure this has to be a hoax.  Who would call the Jets about the worst QB ever to lace them up?  I keep hearing he's the worst QB and quite possibly the stupidest human being in the history of mankind.  Who needs that on their team..  nope.  Don't believe it.

The Jaguars. Palm trees, Idzik and meth. What could go wrong?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Manish also said something today about how the Jets don't trust Petty as #2. I think that these writers don't know sh*t this year, and are picking 1 of 2 outcomes and hoping they hit.

just based on the 'eye test' i don't see why they would 'trust' geno over petty.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one out there ever said he has zero value.  But if this is the hill you wish to die on, I won't stop you from bragging about a big-armed QB who was a 2nd round pick, and still on a cheap rookie deal, yet whose going rate is now likely a 6th or 7th rounder. 

He does however , have zero friends 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Look at the tweets..  all they are saying is a team(s) have called and the Jets didn't hang up on them.

Does anyone think this wasn't happening?

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one out there ever said he has zero value.  But if this is the hill you wish to die on, I won't stop you from bragging about a big-armed QB who was a 2nd round pick, and still on a cheap rookie deal, yet whose going rate is now likely a 6th or 7th rounder. 

1121370.gif?b64lines=SSB0aGluayB3ZSBzaG9

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know right?  Can you believe that just a couple months ago, people were actually trying to argue that Geno would be the starting QB of the Jets in Week 1 of this season?  Stupidity indeed.

and the winner of the first person to land on my ignore list in 10 years of visiting Jets boards goes to...

The moron from North Carolina!

See you when the dust settles on the backup QB situation.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Look at the tweets..  all they are saying is a team(s) have called and the Jets didn't hang up on them.

Does anyone think this wasn't happening?

teams assume the jets will release geno, so they're trying to get him before that.  there are teams for which he's an upgrade as a backup. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You said he would be cut and end up in the CFL. 

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Who is in more demand as a veteran backup trade target right now - Geno Smith or Mark Sanchez?  Not trying to start anything, just think it's an interesting question 

Sadly both were very high draft picks and we are still searching for the franchise QB. 

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Who is in more demand as a veteran backup trade target right now - Geno Smith or Mark Sanchez?  Not trying to start anything, just think it's an interesting question 

I'd say Geno.  Mark is currently being beat by a UDFA.  He's on his 3rd team and still absolutely terrible.

There is probably a coach out there that thinks he can save Geno.  For all the back and forth around here, Geno has value and we never did get to see him in a new environment with 20x better surroundings.  I know Jets fans laugh at that but this league is filled with ego's.  Someone thinks they can turn him.

Mark, I 'm pretty sure the league has given up on that thought. 

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think Geno is nearly as bad as most of you make him out to be.  In fact I think he could be a quality NFL QB...but he's done as a Jet.  His confidence is shot...you can see it in his play right now.  A change of scenery will likely do him a world of good.

The NY Jets and their fans didn't do him any favors.  I hope he gets traded or cut and has a chance to start over somewhere else.

Many here said the exact same thing about Sanchez and that turned out well, right?

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

and the winner of the first person to land on my ignore list in 10 years of visiting Jets boards goes to...

The moron from North Carolina!

See you when the dust settles on the backup QB situation.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

how do you put someone on ignore?

edit - nvm figured it out.

No ****s given.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

how do you put someone on ignore?

edit - nvm figured it out.

It's kind of fun and assuring reading how delusional he is and how he's literally lost all logical rational.

It makes me feel very grounded and level headed. 

Archived