Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

1 minute ago, JiF said:

It's kind of fun and assuring reading how delusional he is and how he's literally lost all logical rational.

It makes me feel very grounded and level headed. 

It's a whole new thread without his posts lol..  much less irritating.

I think unless Macc is affected by this unprecedented level of hate that Geno still winds up being the #2.  He is the best option.

I don't see Bowles being willing to let Petty be the only option behind a fragile Fitzpatrick.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pac said:

I think unless Macc is affected by this unprecedented level of hate that Geno still winds up being the #2.  He is the best option.

I don't see Bowles being willing to let Petty be the only option behind a fragile Fitzpatrick.

just based on preseason games alone, petty is the best qb.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

just based on preseason games alone, petty is the best qb.

I disagree.  Petty finally played against something closer to the level he would face in a real game and was abysmal.  I don't want to see him cut but I don't want to see him as the # 2 either.

29 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Didn't post this earlier because the original source was Manish.  Tweeted Lopresti about it who said he can't speak for Manish, but he was told the same thing.

No word on asking price.

Now watch, we trade him for peanuts and Fitz goes down the first game. Petty's becomes the man, with Hackenberg waiting in the wings.  I personally don't think it's happening.  I think Geno plays out his contract, next year Fitz and Geno are gone.  Petty or Hackenberg are the starter with a veteran (cheap) backup.  Who would be the player we would keep if Geno is gone anyway and is that player worth the risk.  I'd rather have 3 QBs, one that has gotten us to 8-8 rather than no one with regular season experience.

Just now, Pac said:

I disagree.  Petty finally played against something closer to the level he would face in a real game and was abysmal.  I don't want to see him cut but I don't want to see him as the # 2 either.

petty was fine, one fluky screen pass fail where the rb wasn't ready.  petty's throws are nice.  he moves well in the pocket, has a quick release, can throw on the run, and his learning curve has clearly accelerated.  he's definitely more comfortable than geno in this offense and he's only going to get better.  how much better, don't know. 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

So was Fitz and Geno, so why wouldn't logic lead you to having the same point of view on them? Because you talk out of  your pooper hole.

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

You said he would be cut and end up in the CFL. 

I said he's a CFL-caliber QB, and stand by that.  If you can't even be an acceptable # 2 in this league, which he clearly isn't (given that he can't beat out Bryce Petty), that's where you belong. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I am.  Especially when judged by a bunch of meat heads I'll never meet on the interwebz.  

Hence why I enjoy reading 80's post.  It makes me feel better about myself. 

Oh, we'll meet. 

One day you'll be carrying your boogie board back to your mom's station wagon after a day of bobbing up and down in the ocean watching other people surf... and I'll be there, in that dark parking lot. Then... atomic wedgie. Boom. That just happened! Oh yea! Suck on that! 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

petty was fine, one fluky screen pass fail where the rb wasn't ready.  petty's throws are nice.  he moves well in the pocket, has a quick release, can throw on the run, and his learning curve has clearly accelerated.  he's definitely more comfortable than geno in this offense and he's only going to get better.  how much better, don't know. 

That's the key, it was a good read, and if the player he threw to wasn't a bum, then no pick-6. 

I'm shocked that people jumped off the bandwagon from 1 play. ******* nancies.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

That's the key, it was a good read, and if the player he threw to wasn't a bum, then no pick-6. 

I'm shocked that people jumped off the bandwagon from 1 play. ******* nancies.

i think petty has looked very good this preseason.  better than fitz.  

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

I really have no F'ing clue what Bowles is thinking and who ultimately wins the back up spot.

I do think the fact Geno was #2 in the dress rehearsal says something about their confidence in Petty.  I also think this regime views this team as a playoff team.  That said, you know Fitz has a history of bad play and injuries, so the likelihood of having to play the back up is high.  I think they're confident Geno can win a game or 2 in the pinch and I dont see any reason why they would have that confidence in Petty.  I would hope its not because he looked good vs. players who wont be in the league next week.

That said, I could really give 2 sh*ts.  It's the ******* back up.  Who cares?  But if someone is asking, that's my take.

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't think Geno is nearly as bad as most of you make him out to be.  In fact I think he could be a quality NFL QB...but he's done as a Jet.  His confidence is shot...you can see it in his play right now.  A change of scenery will likely do him a world of good.

The NY Jets and their fans didn't do him any favors.  I hope he gets traded or cut and has a chance to start over somewhere else.

Didn't do him any favors ? Starting QB in the NFL ! The Jets didn't throw all those INT's, the Jets aren't making Rookie mistakes on the football field ! A starting NFL QB ? I don't think so....which NFL veteran came out in support of Geno when he didn't pay a teamate for an airplane ticket (he makess a lot more money than IK). HE IS NOT A TEAM LEADER PERIOD.

7 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Now watch, we trade him for peanuts and Fitz goes down the first game. Petty's becomes the man, with Hackenberg waiting in the wings.  I personally don't think it's happening.  I think Geno plays out his contract, next year Fitz and Geno are gone.  Petty or Hackenberg are the starter with a veteran (cheap) backup.  Who would be the player we would keep if Geno is gone anyway and is that player worth the risk.  I'd rather have 3 QBs, one that has gotten us to 8-8 rather than no one with regular season experience.

If Fitz goes down, wouldn't the best thing be for us to NOT strive for 8-8?  And even then that's pretty flawed reasoning.  That 8-8 team in 2013 was a mathematical anomaly.  Based on net points, we should have been more like 5-11. 

If Fitz goes down we're pretty well f*cked when it comes to our 2016 postseason chances, much like most teams in the league when they lose their starting QB.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

That said, I could really give 2 sh*ts.  It's the ******* back up.  Who cares?  But if someone is asking, that's my take.

This has been my stance for a while, which has afforded me some prime trolling opportunity. Seriously though, Geno blows. He has no future here. If you can get a handjob from Potroast Knighton in exchange for him, then do it.

I'm into the ham hands.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

I am.  Especially when judged by a bunch of meat heads I'll never meet on the interwebz.  

Hence why I enjoy reading 80's post.  It makes me feel better about myself. 

Believe it or not I actually like you, platonically.  I just dislike your viewpoints on sh*tty QB's and your strange reversal hatred of Fitzpatrick, who you hate for being average.  It's very Pac-esque, and frankly, you should hold yourself to a higher standard than that.

Archived