Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This has been my stance for a while, which has afforded me some prime trolling opportunity. Seriously though, Geno blows. He has no future here. If you can get a handjob from Potroast Knighton in exchange for him, then do it.

I'm into the ham hands.

Geno's not worth a handjob.

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just because people were wrong about Sanchez doesn't mean they're wrong about Geno.  One thing has nothing to do with the other.

It's just how I feel about Geno.  His INT/TD ratio is unpardonable, as is his lack of football IQ.  Sound familiar? 

they better get a player in return that will make our roster and contribute (TE,RB, RT) or a very nice draft pick

going into this season with petty and hack backing up the old guy who doesn't slide isn't very smart

Just now, Larz said:

they better get a player in return that will make our roster and contribute (TE,RB, RT) or a very nice draft pick

going into this season with petty and hack backing up the old guy who doesn't slide isn't very smart

so having geno step in makes you feel better?  the guy who gets kicked off airplanes, doesn't understand the concept of time zones, sends pics of his junk around and got punched by a teammate?  that guy leading the jets makes you feel better?

Just now, Augustiniak said:

so having geno step in makes you feel better?  the guy who gets kicked off airplanes, doesn't understand the concept of time zones, sends pics of his junk around and got punched by a teammate?  that guy leading the jets makes you feel better?

If your GM philosophy is to give away assets, I'm glad you're not in charge

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Believe it or not I actually like you, platonically.  I just dislike your viewpoints on sh*tty QB's and your strange reversal hatred of Fitzpatrick, who you hate for being average.  It's very Pac-esque, and frankly, you should hold yourself to a higher standard than that.

I love you, total gay mode.  

And I love Fitz.  How can you not?  The guy is impossible to hate. His passion, his fire...it makes up for his averageness.  I'm a Fitz fan, all the way.

My whole stance is just a different angle that you refused to see (start Geno because Fitz does nothing for this team)  But I knew all along he would be resigned and be the starter.  I never once said different. 

All that said, you're very dramatic when it comes to this topic but I still love you long time.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I love you, total gay mode.  

And I love Fitz.  How can you not?  The guy is impossible to hate. His passion, his fire...it makes up for his averageness.  I'm a Fitz fan, all the way.

My whole stance is just a different angle that you refused to see (start Geno because Fitz does nothing for this team)  But I knew all along he would be resigned and be the starter.  I never once said different. 

All that said, you're very dramatic when it comes to this topic but I still love you long time.

I'm very defensive of the Conquering Hero. 

<3

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And JiF, constantly looking to play some pickup basketball.

I'm still killing these kids half my age...

Now I'm the old man Billy Hoyle.

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, we'll meet. 

One day you'll be carrying your boogie board back to your mom's station wagon after a day of bobbing up and down in the ocean watching other people surf... and I'll be there, in that dark parking lot. Then... atomic wedgie. Boom. That just happened! Oh yea! Suck on that! 

It sounds like a dream come true.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm very defensive of the Conquering Hero. 

<3

You were defensive of him before he even lived up to your billing...which is really quite admirable.  If we actually make the playoffs, your full back tattoo of his face (with beard) is going to be epic.  

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I wouldn't look to much into this until it happens...they were fielding calls for Wilkerson all off season...fielding offers only means that we are listening it doesn't mean anything will necessarily come out of it. 

If, and thats a big IF, but if someone is calling on Geno the major difference would be that they can't lowball. Honestly Geno is not going to get much as far as draft picks go most people have it correct on this board, 6th or 7th maybe conditional for a little more. 

Wilkerson was in a unique situation and people thought we didn't want to pay him and were probably throwing Mac low ball offers. 

Just now, JiF said:

You were defensive of him before he even lived up to your billing...which is really quite admirable.  If we actually make the playoffs, your full back tattoo of his face (with beard) is going to be epic.  

Makes me proud that people call him the Conquering Hero all the time now, even if it's usually in derisive fashion.  I'm a total Fitz Fanboy, and proud of it.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'd be cool with just a nice draft pick. As long as it's a draft pick from a good family and has the right aspirations.

Its so hard to tell these days.  In my day, everybody knew the picks.  Now, who knows ?

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Fitz goes down, wouldn't the best thing be for us to NOT strive for 8-8?  And even then that's pretty flawed reasoning.  That 8-8 team in 2013 was a mathematical anomaly.  Based on net points, we should have been more like 5-11. 

If Fitz goes down we're pretty well f*cked when it comes to our 2016 postseason chances, much like most teams in the league when they lose their starting QB.

I'm not a Geno fan and can't wait till we move on from the Geno years, but I am a fan of common sense.  Also I'm a fan of putting together the best team we can on any given season and not mailing in a season.  Only 3 of 32 teams had QBs that played 16 games last year.  Geno costs us nothing and I'm not convinced that the 54th player provides us nearly as much value.  Also most agree that 2013 was a team that was inferior to this one. 

If Fitz goes down, the best scenario for the time being is Geno and if he screws up as most expect, then we can revert to Petty.  Or Petty can be the #2 and if he isn't ready (or will never be) we can revert to Geno.  Regardless I think it's a stronger position to have Geno and if he is traded, or cut I can see him being replaced by a journeyman for reasons stated above meaning regardless I think we keep 4 QBs, but who knows. 

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

I'd be happy with some depth at OL instead of a pick. We can use the help and Geno can use a change of scenery. 

OL is probably the position that is least injured as opposed to QB.   Personally regarding OL, I think we need better starters more than we need depth, but that's not going to happen unless we can trade for it, or till the draft. 

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Favre did at least 1 off those things - didn't seem to bother many here.

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

OL is probably the position that is least injured as opposed to QB.   Personally regarding OL, I think we need better starters more than we need depth, but that's not going to happen unless we can trade for it, or till the draft. 

I will take what we can get; We are not going to get a start G let alone a staring LT for Geno. Some depth with some upside would be nice....

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

are you really comparing farve to geno smith?

Yeah that's what you read into my comment.

If Geno went 10-6 like  Fitz last year no one would care about the off the field character stuff. Its only an issue because he's 2 games worse than our starting hero QB.

So what teams would want Geno?

Dallas is the obvious 1st answer.

Landry jones has been bad for pitt in pre season.

Hoyer has been bad in chicago

Indy has tolzein as a backup

Denver, if sanchez gets moved?

Schaub is the current backup in Atl.

Anderson in Carolina

TB, if the bucs decided to trade glennon to someone else.

SF if Kap gets cut or moved

Seattles back up is boykin?

I'm done with Geno -- but I STILL think it's a mistake to trade him.

This team is TOO stacked to throw away the season - and if Ryan Fitzpatrick should meet an untimely injury as early as CIN, we're proper fcked. We would have been in rough shape with Geno me thinks, but Petty starting games against live NFL defenses? That's Jimmy Clausen and 2010 panthers kind of Bad. 

no thanks. 

37 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Better is a relative term.  Do I want another backup QB other than Petty and Hackenberg for the time being?  Yes. 

Particularly with a 29/32 chance (90%) of us needing to revert to a backup sometime this season. 

When did he send the pictures around?

Archived