Jets \ Eagles: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

Just now, T0mShane said:

Not to be too optimistic here, but i like how Petty doesn't panic. Low snaps, missed assignments, he keeps the play going. Geno, not so much.

Yea, the pocket collapsed around him on the first drive, he stepped up and away from pressure, kept his eyes downfield. Made a semi-catchable pass (from what I can see on my laptop). This drive too, he really hangs in the pocket well. I recall (and I've said this each of the last 3 weeks upon making this observation) that the criticism of him last year was that he got happy feet with little pressure around him. Seems to have improved on that.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I've always said "T0mShane always sees the good in everything! LOL!

LOL 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yea, the pocket collapsed around him on the first drive, he stepped up and away from pressure, kept his eyes downfield. Made a semi-catchable pass (from what I can see on my laptop). This drive too, he really hangs in the pocket well. I recall (and I've said this each of the last 3 weeks upon making this observation) that the criticism of him last year was that he got happy feet with little pressure around him. Seems to have improved on that.

Yeah. It's encouraging because pocket awareness is one of those unteachable things and you can't play without it.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Who is going to take him? 

It's not like anyone would be taking him as a starter.  It's essentially a question of whether any team would be willing to replace whatever random gu they have as their #3 QB in exchange for a rookie with upside.  There are plenty of teams in bad QB situations who I'm sure would have no problem making that movie.  Mettenberger has gotten picked up off of waivers multiple times this offseason.  Any time that had him even relatively decently ranked on their draft board would be happy to grab him, the few months that have gone by since then what change those team's opinions.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think Thompkins and McDougle are in big trouble on this list. Williams was probably a forgone conclusion to be cut. Carter is on the bubble, so being out doesn't help him either. Rest aren't going anywhere. 

Carter isn't remotely on the bubble

Just now, fusionCA said:

Pats is playing first team offense and defense in the fourth preseason game.

Yea, the buzz up in NE is that Brady and Garrapolo = tension. Good, let them bring their drama into the year. The more distractions, the better.

Archived