Robby Anderson

RESNewYork

Preseason game 4 is about players stepping up at the bottom of the roster and solidifying your back end depth. Don't post often and not going to pretend talent evaluation (played college ball through). Before you sleep tonight it should feel good that the jets got a UDFA who very much looks like what they envisioned for their 2014 second round draft pick. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-insider-robby-anderson-hauled-roster-spot-article-1.2775041

Great speed. Quick feet. Great hands. He will be a match up nightmare for most teams. The Jets will need to stretch the field this season. What a great find by the scouts. I also like all of the new WR's. If Smith still has his speed when he returns they could be the future.

i think RA is ahead of Smith. He looks more polished. Attacks the football. Really has good feet

37 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Great speed. Quick feet. Great hands. He will be a match up nightmare for most teams. The Jets will need to stretch the field this season. What a great find by the scouts. I also like all of the new WR's. If Smith still has his speed when he returns they could be the future.

i think RA is ahead of Smith. He looks more polished. Attacks the football. Really has good feet

This kid definitely passes the eye test. 

UDFA!?? The adults are now in charge!!

I would love to see more of this kid on the outside with Decker working the slot ...this would be a very similar situation to what Decker did in Denver with Thomas and Sanders on the outside. I say move Enunwa to full time TE . Yes I think Anderson is that good. Also in 4 and 5 wide receiver sets our offense is going to be extremely hard to deal with.

Jalin Marshall , Charon Peake and Robbie Anderson all need to be on this roster. If it means cutting guys like Milliner then we need to do it. Im sick of holding on to this dead wood I also expect nothing out of Devin Smith because of the 4 or 5 deep passes Fitz threw to him last year he did a horrible job adjusting to the football and that's something that Robbie Anderson excels at.

I believe a guy like Robbie Anderson can make this offense elite

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I would love to see more of this kid on the outside with Decker working the slot ...this would be a very similar situation to what Decker did in Denver with Thomas and Sanders on the outside. I say move Enunwa to full time TE . Yes I think Anderson is that good. Also in 4 and 5 wide receiver sets our offense is going to be extremely hard to deal with.

Jalin Marshall , Charon Peake and Robbie Anderson all need to be on this roster. If it means cutting guys like Milliner then we need to do it. Im sick of holding on to this dead wood I also expect nothing out of Devin Smith because of the 4 or 5 deep passes Fitz threw to him last year he did a horrible job adjusting to the football and that's something that Robbie Anderson excels at.

From what I've seen of him I believe he can be that good...but can't be elite without a QB.  

30 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Great post except we aren't cutting Milliner even thought he continues to disappoint, because his $4m is guaranteed.  Also think D. Smith is more in the wait and see category.   

I'm thrilled we have the guy and think he can be a good NFL WR, but let's all pump the brakes a little before we anoint him the next Don Maynard.  If he performs well against NFL starters and catches a TD or 2 in real games, then I'll be the fat dude cheering the loudest for him 

Both Marshall and Anderson are really impressive. Marshall needs a bit of work with his hands but that will come he has good fundamentals and gas a knack for getting open plus he should be our PR/KR. 

Anderson has some of the most amazing hands I have seen,

If either guy is cut I will be ultra pissed.

Anderson makes this roster and is an integral part of the offense at some point this season.  He's everything that Devin Smith and Kenbrell Thompkins arent.

The best possible line up Gailey can go with:

WR: Marshall, Decker, Anderson

TE: Enunwa 

RB: Forte/Powell

That'a potent big play sh*t right there. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Anderson makes this roster and is an integral part of the offense at some point this season.  He's everything that Devin Smith and Kenbrell Thompkins isnt.

The best possible line up Gailey can go with:

WR: Marshall, Decker, Anderson

TE: Enunwa 

RB: Forte/Powell

That'a potent big play sh*t right there. 

This team wants big plays this season

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

This team wants big plays this season

Gailey/Fitz can create ridiculous match ups with that type of line up.  Forte could have 100 receptions in this offense.  Him and Powell willl be getting matched up with LB'ers that they'll crush.

Then you start mixing Decker and Marshall in the slot...that gives a defense a ton to think about. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Charon Peake and Robbie Anderson all need to be on this roster. If it means cutting guys like Milliner then we need to do it. Im sick of holding on to this dead wood I also expect nothing out of Devin Smith because of the 4 or 5 deep passes Fitz threw to him last year he did a horrible job adjusting to the football and that's something that Robbie Anderson excels at.

Hate to be that guy but Sanders joined the Broncos after Decker left. While Decker was still there, they had Welker in the slot. Anyway, I like what you're thinking, and Anderson is clearly capable of being outside. 

I'm still in the Marshall is getting cut boat, dude had maybe double the amount of drops Amaro had, and he muffed two punts. I'm all for bringing him in for PS, keeping Ross for this season, and bringing up Marshall next year. He's definitely a good KR. I would think the team values both Ross and Marshall right now as returners, and I doubt they keep two on the 53. I think it's Peake Ross Anderson Enunwa Decker and B Marshall

59 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'm thrilled we have the guy and think he can be a good NFL WR, but let's all pump the brakes a little before we anoint him the next Don Maynard.  If he performs well against NFL starters and catches a TD or 2 in real games, then I'll be the fat dude cheering the loudest for him 

Completely agree.  I've been thrilled with what we've seen out of Anderson, but there have been plenty of preseason superstars before who never turned into what they looked like they could be.  He definitely deserves to make this team and get his opportunities, but he still hasn't stepped up against the top guys.  And when attempting to compare him to Smith, the truth is that while Anderson had success with the deep ball these past few weeks, he wasn't doing that with Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball, who while clearly the best QB of the bunch, has by far the weakest arm.  The only time they played together, Fitz completely missed a wide open Anderson.  Not trying to be negative here, but there's still the same question of whether this is a skill set that can be utilized by the Jets right now.  I absolutely hope so, but we'll have to see about that.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Omg..I'm getting so psyched!!

irrational exuberance, everybody!!! Feel it!!

If this kid can live up to half of the irrational expectation I have for him, offense might take some leaps forward with the addition of Forte too.

but, I still think this team isn't a playoff team without that D making BIG leap from pretty, pretty, pretty good to ELITE. This MUST happen. 

Please, God of Fire, Charlie Casserly, make it happen.

15 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Completely agree.  I've been thrilled with what we've seen out of Anderson, but there have been plenty of preseason superstars before who never turned into what they looked like they could be.  He definitely deserves to make this team and get his opportunities, but he still hasn't stepped up against the top guys.  And when attempting to compare him to Smith, the truth is that while Anderson had success with the deep ball these past few weeks, he wasn't doing that with Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball, who while clearly the best QB of the bunch, has by far the weakest arm.  The only time they played together, Fitz completely missed a wide open Anderson.  Not trying to be negative here, but there's still the same question of whether this is a skill set that can be utilized by the Jets right now.  I absolutely hope so, but we'll have to see about that.

Fair point, but they still have to / will keep him.  You don't let a dynamic, productive WR go because he doesn't fit your QB's strengths when that QB is likely on his last year with the team.  I'd hope Anderson can have a Chrebet-like career here if what we are seeing now isn't just a pre-season flash-in-the-pan. 

Oh my, I can see us giving defenses fits with our passing game. One thing I admire about the Patriots is the sets they come out in. They're constantly moving their skills guys around, looking for mismatches. With Marshall, Decker, Anderson, Enunwa, and Forte, I can definitely see there being mismatches!

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

I like seeing the number of plays of 20+ and 40+ yards ... 8 out of 13 catches were for 20+.

Yeah but how many of those came from Petty or Geno.  I hope Fitz can make those throws - especially since the OL isn't going to give him much extra time.

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Fair point, but they still have to / will keep him.  You don't let a dynamic, productive WR go because he doesn't fit your QB's strengths when that QB is likely on his last year with the team.  I'd hope Anderson can have a Chrebet-like career here if what we are seeing now isn't just a pre-season flash-in-the-pan. 

Oh yeah, definitely.  The Jets absolutely have to keep him, they would be idiots not to.  No reason to keep a guy like Thompkins, who has already proven how much he sucks, over a guy with this kind of potential.  But at this point it's only potential, and it would be fantastic if he lives up to it, but we'll see.

4 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

how did he do against the starters in pre-season?

Archived