Robby Anderson

RESNewYork

4 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

I think he earned a spot on the roster, but is he Clowny II? I hope not, and I don't think so; he has looked scary good even against the 2s

Based on what I watched, I dont think so.  He's much more aggressive going and getting the ball at the high point.  He catches with hands instead of corralling balls with his body.

I know he wasnt going up against the #1's but fundamentally he easily looks like the most fluid receiver on the team not named Marshall or Decker.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Based on what I watched, I dont think so.  He's much more aggressive going and getting the ball at the high point.  He catches with hands instead of corralling balls with his body.

I know he wasnt going up against the #1's but fundamentally he easily looks like the most fluid receiver on the team not named Marshall or Decker.

If he ever get his route running down like they have it . He is gonna be a problem he is a explosive player .,His hands don't even seem like fluke watching this vid . He has very good hands

I'd like to see him put on some weight just to help him stay healthy and maybe block better but I'm very excited about this kid.  As long as BM and ED are on the field, too, he's going to have single coverage, sometimes against much shorter guys.

Sometimes good wide receivers have problems making a team (unless they are top prospects) if they aren't good special teams players. A skinny guy like Anderson might not be a hood tackler or effective on kick coverage. Personally I think it's stupid to just not let the guy be a receiver and use a bulkier player to play STs. But some teams want a backup player to be multi use players and sometimes that means you keep a less skilled player. 

4 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

He's definitely a good player.  Don't plan on seeing those big plays with Fitz as QB, though.

Wrong.  This guy catches everything with his hands, he high points it, and he holds on to the ball.  In other words just like Marshall and Decker he is able to catch all of Fitz's off target ballpark throws because of his catch radius.  He also get YAC so he'll def made some big plays.  

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:17 AM, BroadwayJets said:

Hate to be that guy but Sanders joined the Broncos after Decker left. While Decker was still there, they had Welker in the slot. Anyway, I like what you're thinking, and Anderson is clearly capable of being outside. 

I'm still in the Marshall is getting cut boat, dude had maybe double the amount of drops Amaro had, and he muffed two punts. I'm all for bringing him in for PS, keeping Ross for this season, and bringing up Marshall next year. He's definitely a good KR. I would think the team values both Ross and Marshall right now as returners, and I doubt they keep two on the 53. I think it's Peake Ross Anderson Enunwa Decker and B Marshall

yep I thought Sanders played one year with Decker either way Decker can excel in the slot possibly opening up more play time for Anderson. I expect to see Peake in goal line situations and in 4 WR sets

No Jet has earned an out of nowhere roster spot in recent memory like Robby Anderson has - he put together 4 consistent games of great performances. He may have even earned himself the 3 slot at wide receiver (until D. Smith returns and assuming Enunwa assumes his usual hybrid role)

7 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Wrong.  This guy catches everything with his hands, he high points it, and he holds on to the ball.  In other words just like Marshall and Decker he is able to catch all of Fitz's off target ballpark throws because of his catch radius.  He also get YAC so he'll def made some big plays.  

I said the BIG plays.  Decker had zero 40+ yard receptions last year and Decker is pretty good at getting deep.  Fitz simply cannot push the ball down the field.

On September 2, 2016 at 4:32 AM, Smashmouth said:

I would love to see more of this kid on the outside with Decker working the slot ...this would be a very similar situation to what Decker did in Denver with Thomas and Sanders on the outside. I say move Enunwa to full time TE . Yes I think Anderson is that good. Also in 4 and 5 wide receiver sets our offense is going to be extremely hard to deal with.

Jalin Marshall , Charon Peake and Robbie Anderson all need to be on this roster. If it means cutting guys like Milliner then we need to do it. Im sick of holding on to this dead wood I also expect nothing out of Devin Smith because of the 4 or 5 deep passes Fitz threw to him last year he did a horrible job adjusting to the football and that's something that Robbie Anderson excels at.

I believe a guy like Robbie Anderson can make this offense elite

I think Nimbley was saying something similar on Twitter.  The Jets may look to line up Decker and B. Marshall on the same side with Anderson out wide on the opposite side creating a headache for Free Safeties.

The more I think about it the more I see some incredible passing options by keeping Marshall, Decker, Anderson, Enunwa and Forte on the field at the same time.  Every one of them is a danger in space and you'd have to think at least 2 or 3 end up matched against a Safety or LB.  Gailey must be wetting himself.

On September 2, 2016 at 11:45 AM, PCP63 said:

Oh my, I can see us giving defenses fits with our passing game. One thing I admire about the Patriots is the sets they come out in. They're constantly moving their skills guys around, looking for mismatches. With Marshall, Decker, Anderson, Enunwa, and Forte, I can definitely see there being mismatches!

except don't have a QB ...

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

yep I thought Sanders played one year with Decker either way Decker can excel in the slot possibly opening up more play time for Anderson. I expect to see Peake in goal line situations and in 4 WR sets

The plan is (was?) to kick Decker back out and put Enunwa in the slot.  That gives the Jets a huge matchup advantage.

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

The plan is (was?) to kick Decker back out and put Enunwa in the slot.  That gives the Jets a huge matchup advantage.

I'd line up Enunwa at TE on the left with Anderson out wide on the same side.  Slot Decker on the right with Marshall out wide.  Forte as a pass-catcher out of the backfield, probably 1 on 1 with a LB as the other 4 guys clear out space in the middle.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I'd line up Enunwa at TE on the left with Anderson out wide on the same side.  Slot decker on the right with Marshall out wide.  Forte as a pass-catcher out of the backfield, probably 1 on 1 with a LB as the other 4 guys clear out space in the middle.

They like Enunwa in the slot because if the defense puts a CB on him, they will just run it and Q will obliterate the CB.  If they put a LB on Enunwa, the Jets will pass it because Enunwa is way too fast for a LB to cover.

4 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

They like Enunwa in the slot because if the defense puts a CB on him, they will just run it and Q will obliterate the CB.  If they put a LB on Enunwa, the Jets will pass it because Enunwa is way too fast for a LB to cover.

I can see Peake having that type of role to start his career. Very similar to Enunwa's game. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw him in on one play after Brandon was injured. But no targets. He might have been in a few others. I don't think he's on STs but not sure. He's a pretty skinny guy. I'd love to see them give him a real chance to play. But you have to give Jalin credit. He made some good catches after the fumble. It showed me toughness because a younger player can get down on themselves for screwing up like that,. And he was being roughed up when he fumbled it wasn't an easy to hold onto considering the number of Buff players in his vicinity. 

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I'm a bit surprised we've seen Jalin Marshall but no Robby Anderson. Anderson looked better in the preseason. 

I think Jalin is running better routes for what they need from him in the middle of the field. Anderson getting on the field, means Decker and Marshall are not. I think the coaching staff absolutely loves Jalin's football IQ.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I think Jalin is running better routes for what they need from him in the middle of the field. Anderson getting on the field, means Decker and Marshall are not. I think the coaching staff absolutely loves Jalin's football IQ.

Good point. What a wonderful problem to finally have. 

Archived