NYJ Final Cuts Thread

Integrity28

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Albeit OL is thin.  But Brandon Shell makes the team :o.  Talk about Mac not wanting to cut his own. 

As others have stated, he's seems best suited for RT. You could waive him, risk him being claimed. If he isn't slide him to the PS. 

Don't think anyone was expecting him to start this season as it was. 

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Troll said:

Releasing Amaro is incredibly disappointing. It seems like he was given no rope whatsoever by this new regime. He actually had one of the better rookie seasons by a TE. But they didn't draft him, so whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't draft Enunwa, either, but they didn't cut him.  Amaro wrote his own ticket out of here.

Just now, C Mart said:

As others have stated, he's seems best suited for RT. You could waive him, risk him being claimed. If he isn't slide him to the PS. 

Don't think anyone was expecting him to start this season as it was. 

And in all fairness, he has a good frame and started a ton of games in the SEC.  Cutting him this early would be stupid.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I like Ragland too.  He should become a very good ILB.  Not the fastest guy but he has "football speed" and is a big thumper.  Probably becomes a David Harris type.

And David Harris is a fantastic player.  There's a reason why three regimes held on to the guy, even though he's slower than molasses.

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

And in all fairness, he has a good frame and started a ton of games in the SEC.  Cutting him this early would be stupid.

Agree. But some only see Thursday's game and in today's world of immediate everything say he can't play. 

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

If Giacomini stays on PUP list, Jets are set with 20 cuts and don't have to make more. If he is activated, somebody must be cut to make room

Stupid question - Do both PUP and IR (either short term or long term IR) give you a roster exemption?  If you can put a guy on the PUP for a very short time and it gives you a roster spot then wouldn't everyone do it?  Heck, put Petty on the PUP for 2 weeks and keep one of our final cuts around a little longer.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Stupid question - Do both PUP and IR (either short term or long term IR) give you a roster exemption?  If you can put a guy on the PUP for a very short time and it gives you a roster spot then wouldn't everyone do it?  Heck, put Petty on the PUP for 2 weeks and keep one of our final cuts around a little longer.

Yes, but you can't PUP guys who have practiced and played in the preseason already. 

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The PUP is only for players that started camp on the PUP

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Can't go on PUP once you've been cleared to play. Petty obviously has practiced/played. Beno / DSmith haven't. 

12 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Whaley is the GM of the Bills.  And Ragland can actually play.

Lol, Rex has his stamp all over that team and draft class. Just look at the Lawson pick. I'm not saying he can't play, although he won't this year, but they gave up the 2016 4th when other teams right around them made similar trades and only gave up their 2017 4th. It was an awful trade. 

34 minutes ago, hawk said:

I'm looking through the roster cuts, and I have to only assume someone miss spelled Kellen Davis horribly?

LOLOL that guy shouldn't been the first person cut. Unless we're converting him to Tackle. 

EDIT: Meant SHOULD be the first one cut.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Jets confirm they waived Amaro and waived Milliner with an injury designation. Milliner would revert to Jets’ IR if he clears waivers

Oh NO!!!

The plot thickens.

The NFL is going to have to create a 3rd type of IR for Milliner.  I know there's regular IR and short-term IR, but they might need something called Permanent/Lifelong IR.

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Jets confirm they waived Amaro and waived Milliner with an injury designation. Milliner would revert to Jets’ IR if he clears waivers

Oh NO!!!

And would then be waived. I think it's all a procedural thing. Jets did that w/RB Pierce and S DBailey

They didn't draft Enunwa, either, but they didn't cut him.  Amaro wrote his own ticket out of here.

He got hurt last year. It happens. His release is a joke. It's not like we are loaded with TE talent. But I guess we'll keep Kellen Davis so he can see inexplicable crunch time end zone targets.

Archived