NYJ Final Cuts Thread

Integrity28

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Stupid question - Do both PUP and IR (either short term or long term IR) give you a roster exemption?  If you can put a guy on the PUP for a very short time and it gives you a roster spot then wouldn't everyone do it?  Heck, put Petty on the PUP for 2 weeks and keep one of our final cuts around a little longer.

Guys who start the season on the PUP list also can't be activated for the first six weeks.

He wasn't that bad in college he stunk up the joint in the NFL sadly another draft pick that should be helping this team win games is a goner like many before him

I believe he led all drafted TEs in catches or yards his rookie year ... so your a bit off

he has been injured a ton an Mac is purging the injury prone

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Guys who start the season on the PUP list also can't be activated for the first six weeks.

That seems to be why they don't want to put Breno there.  I think they really want him available if he's healthy by Week 2 or so.  Clady, Ijalana, and Qvale being the only available OTs would make me nervous for 6 weeks.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

btw

Brandon Bostick, ex-Packers tight end, got death threats after bumbling onside kick in NFC Championship

he was not on our practice squad last year

Yes, he was. Late in the season. 

That is referencing after 2015 NFCCG. 

Just now, Larz said:

but that really doesn't tell his history. he was with the packers for 2 years then cut and run out of town

But he was on the Jets PS. Your post stated he wasn't. That's all I was pointing out. The death threats have been reported long before. 

That was the year we KILLED it!! Literally.... we got KILLED!

RD    SEL #    PLAYER    POSITION    SCHOOL

1    18    Calvin Pryor    FS    Louisville

2    49    Jace Amaro    TE    Texas Tech

3    80    Dexter McDougle    CB    Maryland

4    104    Jalen Saunders    WR    Oklahoma

4    115    Shaq Evans    WR    UCLA

4    137    Dakota Dozier    T    Furman

5    154    Jeremiah George    LB    Iowa State

6    195    Brandon Dixon    DB    Northwest Missouri State

6    209    Quincy Enunwa    WR    Nebraska

6    210    IK Enemkpali    DE    Louisiana Tech

6    213    Tajh Boyd    QB    Clemson

7    233    Trevor Reilly    LB    Utah

Fck you Idzik.

What a terrible class.....the best thing you can say about them (outside of Pryor and Enunwa) is that at least MOST of them didn't break our QBs jaw

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Just now, bealeb319 said:

I think they cut Amaro mainly cause he wasn't a fit for our system. It baffles me no one was willing to trade a late pick to take a swing on him though.

We dumped him because he isn't good. Bad hands, fumblitis, no burst. Guy was walking dead. 

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

We dumped him because he isn't good. Bad hands, fumblitis, no burst. Guy was walking dead. 

Same could be said for the two we kept and the ones we kept have 0 upside. Amaro had a good rookie year and sat last year. I think its a mistake to let him go for a loser like Davis who cant do anything at all. 

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Kellen Davis over Amaro, WTF? was Macc having decaf this morning? What a waste of a roster spot for this freaking loser. 

Don't think he makes the week 1 roster, we will be sifting the waiver wire now. How bad our T.E's have been, even other teams trash are All Pro's.

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Don't think he makes the week 1 roster, we will be sifting the waiver wire now. How bad our T.E's have been, even other teams trash are All Pro's.

Davis is there because he blocks efficiently, but still think cutting Amaro is stupid. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats great hopefully Fitz can throw the deep ball 

Its a matter of timing on the deep ball and I'm sure if Anderson is slated to get a lot of playing time Fitz will work with him as much as possible before and after practice to work things out. The great part about Anderson is he knows how to adjust to the deep ball unlike Smith last year.

Archived