NYJ Final Cuts Thread

Integrity28

Here is the summary from NFL - hope we can keep Taiwan Jones, Ross and Middleton on the PS, Bishop flashed as well

Cuts to 75: OL Deion Barnes, DT Shelby Harris, DE Helva Matungulu, RB Lache Seastrunk, RB Terry Williams, WR Kyle Williams, TE Jason Vander Laan, K Ross Martin 

Cuts to 53: TE Jace Amaro, CB Dee Milliner, RB Antone Smith, FB Tommy Bohanon, TE Zach Sudfeld, TE Wes Saxton, G Craig Watts, G Michael Liedtke, WR Kenbrell Thompkins, WR Jeremy Ross, WR Chandler Worthy, DT Tarow Barney, DE Claude Pelon, LB Trevor Reilly, LB Freddie Bishop, LB Taiwan Jones, CB Bryson Keaton, CB Darryl Morris, CB Kevin Short, S Doug Middleton

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, papz187 said:

Fck you Idzik.

What a terrible class.....the best thing you can say about them (outside of Pryor and Enunwa) is that at least MOST of them didn't break our QBs jaw

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

That fire idzik sign in the sky was definitely warranted. You cannot whiff on an entire draft, especially one as deep as that one. 

6 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Here is the summary from NFL - hope we can keep Taiwan Jones, Ross and Middleton on the PS, Bishop flashed as well

Cuts to 75: OL Deion Barnes, DT Shelby Harris, DE Helva Matungulu, RB Lache Seastrunk, RB Terry Williams, WR Kyle Williams, TE Jason Vander Laan, K Ross Martin 

Cuts to 53: TE Jace Amaro, CB Dee Milliner, RB Antone Smith, FB Tommy Bohanon, TE Zach Sudfeld, TE Wes Saxton, G Craig Watts, G Michael Liedtke, WR Kenbrell Thompkins, WR Jeremy Ross, WR Chandler Worthy, DT Tarow Barney, DE Claude Pelon, LB Trevor Reilly, LB Freddie Bishop, LB Taiwan Jones, CB Bryson Keaton, CB Darryl Morris, CB Kevin Short, S Doug Middleton

Doubt Ross is PS eligible, he's in his 6th season in the league.

9 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

A little off topic but it's pretty cool to see Dominique Williams make the team (for now). He comes from a small town in South Jersey called Bridgeton. 

31 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Same could be said for the two we kept and the ones we kept have 0 upside. Amaro had a good rookie year and sat last year. I think its a mistake to let him go for a loser like Davis who cant do anything at all. 

He can block. Amaro can't. Kellen 1, Amaro 0.

Jets waived/injured CB Dee Milliner.

MMQB's Albert Breer reported Saturday the Jets were trying to find a trade partner, but they predictably failed to find any takers. They will likely reach an injury settlement in the near future. Cutting Milliner saves the Jets nothing against the cap, which shows exactly how much they wanted rid of the colossal first-round bust. Milliner has the pedigree and theoretical talent to get another shot, but he should slip through waivers unclaimed.

24 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I find Williams and Howsare both shocking to have made this roster.  With that said, I would have to imagine at least one, if not both, will be first up on the chopping block once the Jets start making waiver claims.

Williams, Howsware, Josh Martin, McDougle, Julian Stanford, Wesley Johnson, Dozier

Those guys are probably candidates to only be on the team on the short term.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

awesome too many good young players emerging for us why keep the total dead wood of Miliner and the pussy Amaro ?

One argument might be "because we need CB and pass catching TE more than we need a 5th RB, 4th QB or 87th LIneman who can't block a parpalegic".

But Milliner was never sticking (hes a bonifide bust) because of his fragility and poor play, and clearly they think they've seen enough from Amaro to keep the pile of wasted space than is the two hacks they did keep.  And I guess Shell gets to say because something something named Shell.

Generally cuts they made are fine, just expect another year with no production of any kind from the TE position, but I guess thats just Chan being Chan. 

53 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I find Williams and Howsare both shocking to have made this roster.  With that said, I would have to imagine at least one, if not both, will be first up on the chopping block once the Jets start making waiver claims.

Well maybe they kept Howsare over Bohannon because he's cheaper, Or maybe they were impressed by him in training camp and think he could give us similar productivity as Tommy. But I'm not even sure the fullback is going to have a role on this team. So far same with tight end except for blocking, when you have a choice of either throwing to Kellen Davis or one of our weapons like Forte or Marshall like last year you're going to take those guys and not waste a play. And we have plenty of receiving options and they can't double team everyone. So it's going to be very interesting on offense this year. As for D esp with an obviously improved Leonard W and a healthier Revis things look good for us. So happy to have a competent Qb running things.

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

One argument might be "because we need CB and pass catching TE more than we need a 5th RB, 4th QB or 87th LIneman who can't block a parpalegic".

But Milliner was never sticking (hes a bonifide bust) because of his fragility and poor play, and clearly they think they've seen enough from Amaro to keep the pile of wasted space than is the two hacks they did keep.  And I guess Shell gets to say because something something named Shell.

Generally cuts they made are fine, just expect another year with no production of any kind from the TE position, but I guess thats just Chan being Chan. 

When you are in year 2 of talent depleted roster fix, it's better to keep most talented guys. Even if it defies the normal conventions of roster depth, eventually you can build towards that balance, but now... Go with the best you've got.

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

with the possible emergence of Robbie Anderson that opens up Enunwa as the full time TE not to mention all the other young WR's that made the roster. And Davis and Bostick add the depth at the position with good blocking in double TE sets.

Archived