NYJ Final Cuts Thread

Integrity28

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

If Amaro had any talent, he would have had a monster day against scrubs.  Instead, he had his typical less than acceptable outing.

Oh I see . Because scrubs are playing a TE can make all the playcalls, throw the ball , run downfield and catch it . Did you see Hackenberg's passes in that game. Did you see the Oline . But Jace Amaro should have dominated ](*,)

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When you are in year 2 of talent depleted roster fix, it's better to keep most talented guys. Even if it defies the normal conventions of roster depth, eventually you can build towards that balance, but now... Go with the best you've got.

There is no good argument for keeping 4 QB's.  Or 5 RB's.  Or Shell.

Folks can rationalize all away if they need to to be ok with it.

But those are all wasted roster spots.  Not "talent development", but a GM who refused to make the hard choices, and left us thinner at positions of weakness than we should have been.

It's all good, because they specific players, Amaro, Milliner, are clearly not "Macc's guys" and one was a grotesque bust (Milliner).

But I'm sorry, we needed another CB and a pass catching TE more than we need a 4th QB.  

Quibbling over 53rd man, aye, so immaterial, but I'm disappointed in Macc for some of his thinking this offseason.  We're still weak at CB.  We're still the worst int he NFL at TE.  Bothc could and should have been fixed this offseason.  We're way to heavy on QB & RB, and both are unnecessary except for fear.

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Oh I see . Because scrubs are playing a TE can make all the playcalls, throw the ball , run downfield and catch it . Did you see Hackenberg's passes in that game. Did you see the Oline . But Jace Amaro should have dominated ](*,)

Sorry, but when the ball hits you in the hands you have to catch it; once you catch it, you can't fumble it. It doesn't matter who is throwing you the ball. Not to mention he dropped balls they all the QBs threw to him. Yeah, Hack looked like crap and so did the OLine, but Amaro did nothing (in fact worse) with the opportunities he had.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But those are all wasted roster spots.  Not "talent development", but a GM who refused to make the hard choices, and left us thinner at positions of weakness than we should have been.

It's all good, because they specific players, Amaro, Milliner, are clearly not "Macc's guys" and one was a grotesque bust (Milliner).

But I'm sorry, we needed another CB and a pass catching TE more than we need a 4th QB.  

Quibbling over 53rd man, aye, so immaterial, but I'm disappointed in Macc for some of his thinking this offseason.  We're still weak at CB.  We're still the worst int he NFL at TE.  Bothc could and should have been fixed this offseason.  We're way to heavy on QB & RB, and both are unnecessary except for fear.

I don't think Geno safe just yet.  As soon as petty shoulder heals!

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not agreeing with you doesn't mean I'm rationalizing.

I agree with notion that we have needs, just not with idea that they needed to be filled and reflected in this cut. Roster should be fluid, meaning today, you keep the best guys/investments you've got. Tomorrow you keep trying to fix those holes.

Im glad they kept better prospects rather than sh*t players that meet needs. This doesn't preclude them from still addressing needs as season progresses.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

100% correct

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Enewa is big enough to be considered TE and Chan can have a successful offense without a true one as the past shows

as for cb, it sucks Milliner and McDougle wont work out but he did draft Burris who looks good

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Surprised, but not surprised, at how absolute some people treat the roster. Weird.

Agreed.  It's extraordinarily doubtful there will even be one single team that will have the same roster on Sunday as they do right now.  The cuts are certainly noteworthy, but the very bottom of the roster that made it today can and will be changing at any moment.

23 minutes ago, jbt said:

Enewa is big enough to be considered TE and Chan can have a successful offense without a true one as the past shows

as for cb, it sucks Milliner and McDougle wont work out but he did draft Burris who looks good

Now that Milliner, McDougle are gone, Revis can focus all his tutelage on Williams and Burris!!

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nothing says that Geno is safe for the whole season. Petty is banged up, so it's possible Geno will only be here for a couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

you can get a prospect or hackenberg or shells caliber literally any day of the week off the street free agent pile.  the sad thing is they could have cut both guys and they would have cleared waivers and the jets would have a shot of putting them on the PS

I think one of the RB's goes after sheldumb gets back

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I agree with notion that we have needs, just not with idea that they needed to be filled and reflected in this cut. Roster should be fluid, meaning today, you keep the best guys/investments you've got. Tomorrow you keep trying to fix those holes.

Im glad they kept better prospects rather than sh*t players that meet needs. This doesn't preclude them from still addressing needs as season progresses.

Exactly you don't cut decent prospects for veteran scrubs. That's how lousy teams stay lousy

13 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I think Petty getting hurt messed up their plans. Who knows though? I agree about the TE though. They need to sign or trade for one but pickings seem slim.

It could be they won't use a tight end except for blocking. Q will be our defacto TE and it could work.

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Sorry, but when the ball hits you in the hands you have to catch it; once you catch it, you can't fumble it. It doesn't matter who is throwing you the ball. Not to mention he dropped balls they all the QBs threw to him. Yeah, Hack looked like crap and so did the OLine, but Amaro did nothing (in fact worse) with the opportunities he had.

Not the point I was arguing. Munch was saying Amaro should have dominated because he was playing against scrubs.  Sure absolutely Amaro needed to catch the ball better and hold on better but who he was playing against had no bearing on it - that's all,  He seems to think that any player playing against scrubs should automatically dominate which is ludicrous especially at the TE position.

8 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Brick > Clady IMO. Breno way way > than Ijalana/Qvale who both got schooled against deli clerks last Thursday. I hope you are right, however, I do not share your confidence. Also, we could not run a lick in the PS, now I know it is just the PS, but if we cannot run the ball, we are dead. Yes scheming should help, but with no TE and such a questionable OL, against the beasts in orange next week....well to quote Captain Quint in Jaws:

Fair well and adieu to you fine Spanish ladies, fare well and adieu to you Ladies of Spain, for we've received orders for to sail back to Boston, and so nevermore will we see you again".

That's actually not correct.  Clady is better than Brick when healthy.

This regime is cutting bait no matter where your were picked. That's how you keep relevant, keeping players that suck based on their draft position is a recipe for disaster. Go Macc, go Bowles, go Jets.

My made up nephew who said he worked for the Jets but I don't think he did,said Amaro was out of shape & came in thinking he was all it, was finally cut. I told you guys how my made up nephew who never worked for the Jets said how out of shape he came in as a rookie. Once they jettison Geno all of the losers who my nephew said were dumb out of shape sh*ts will finally be cast off off the Jets Island. 

Theres a new Sheriff in town & his name is Macc Daddy. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

you can get a prospect or hackenberg or shells caliber literally any day of the week off the street free agent pile.  the sad thing is they could have cut both guys and they would have cleared waivers and the jets would have a shot of putting them on the PS

This. What a bumble**** franchise this is.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

One argument might be "because we need CB and pass catching TE more than we need a 5th RB, 4th QB or 87th LIneman who can't block a parpalegic".

But Milliner was never sticking (hes a bonifide bust) because of his fragility and poor play, and clearly they think they've seen enough from Amaro to keep the pile of wasted space than is the two hacks they did keep.  And I guess Shell gets to say because something something named Shell.

Generally cuts they made are fine, just expect another year with no production of any kind from the TE position, but I guess thats just Chan being Chan. 

More bottom of the roster moves to come

Love them cutting ties on 2 guys who've done nothing but show Jack & $h*t since they've been here though

Dee Milliner

The Jets announced the final three roster moves required to get down to the 53 man limit this afternoon. Jace Amaro and Dee Milliner were waived and Breno Giacomini was placed on the PUP list. It ends a disappointing Jets career for both players who were selected early in the NFL draft (Milliner 1st round 2013 – Amaro 2nd round 2014). The moves are a bit of a surprise because the Jets aren’t deep at Tight End and they seem to have a need at CB behind Darrelle Revis.

Sheldon Richardson has a one-week roster exemption because of his one game suspension. The team will have to make another roster move when they bring him back.

September 3, 2016 – The New York Jets announced the transactions below. Clubs had to reduce their roster to a maximum of 53 players by 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 3.

Waived

Jace Amaro (TE/6-5/265/Texas Tech/San Antonio, TX)

Waived/Injured

Dee Milliner (CB/6-0/201/Alabama/Millbrook, AL)

Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform (PUP)

Breno Giacomini (T/6-7/318/Louisville/Cambridge, MA)

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
WWQg720vVZs

Click here to read the full story...

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

This regime is cutting bait no matter where your were picked. That's how you keep relevant, keeping players that suck based on their draft position is a recipe for disaster. Go Macc, go Bowles, go Jets.

My made up nephew who said he worked for the Jets but I don't think he did,said Amaro was out of shape & came in thinking he was all it, was finally cut. I told you guys how my made up nephew who never worked for the Jets said how out of shape he came in as a rookie. Once they jettison Geno all of the losers who my nephew said were dumb out of shape sh*ts will finally be cast off off the Jets Island. 

Theres a new Sheriff in town & his name is Macc Daddy. 

You're taking whining to an exciting new level. In a weird sorta way, I'm impressed. 

Milliner was waived-injured ... looks like the Jets will put him on IR.

Makes sense; they're paying his salary either way, may as well keep him theoretically on the roster so if, by some miracle, he signs a qualifying contract next offseason, he counts towards a compensatory pick.

That fire idzik sign in the sky was definitely warranted. You cannot whiff on an entire draft, especially one as deep as that one. 

Lol my thoughts exactly. He brought it upon himself. Supposedly it was the deepest draft ever for wide outs and he walks away with Jalen Saunders as his top guy!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, papz187 said:

Lol my thoughts exactly. He brought it upon himself. Supposedly it was the deepest draft ever for wide outs and he walks away with Jalen Saunders as his top guy!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Yeah and he got Q in the 6th round so not that bad. And Bryant of the Steelers the guy who was supposed to be so great is suspended. So we didn't get Matthews of Philly. He's ok but no big deal. He drafted Pryor. All these guys cut let's see how many get jobs. Most of the guys Idzik drafted were in the NFL last year. 

25 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah and he got Q in the 6th round so not that bad. And Bryant of the Steelers the guy who was supposed to be so great is suspended. So we didn't get Matthews of Philly. He's ok but no big deal. He drafted Pryor. All these guys cut let's see how many get jobs. Most of the guys Idzik drafted were in the NFL last year. 

Think I'm misreading this ... You are not trying to defend Idzik's drafting I'm sure !!!

33 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Milliner was waived-injured ... looks like the Jets will put him on IR.

Makes sense; they're paying his salary either way, may as well keep him theoretically on the roster so if, by some miracle, he signs a qualifying contract next offseason, he counts towards a compensatory pick.

That's a good point.  Not to mention, I'm sure there's a small part of the Jets that also has their fingers crossed that by Milliner not hitting FA, someone might actually put a claim in for him and take on his contract, clearing that space for them.  I doubt it will happen, but we can dream.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

No, rationalizing means rationalizing.

I agree with notion that we have needs, just not with idea that they needed to be filled and reflected in this cut.

If you're not going to manage needs with final cuts, then when exactly?

Roster should be fluid, meaning today, you keep the best guys/investments you've got. Tomorrow you keep trying to fix those holes.

Which would be fine, if that's what we did.  Amaro, bas as he's been, is > Davis, but we kept Davis.  As one example. 

We kept alot of sh*t players, make no mistake.  We simply kept more sh*t players at some positions (QB, RB, Oline) than others (CB, TE) leaving out depth woeful at some positions.

Archived