Eagles trading Bradford to Vikes

AFJF

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

And all he has to do is not turn the ball over, he doesn't even have to play great for them to feel successful 

You mean all he has to do is stay on the field.

This is a QB that has played a full 16 game season exactly twice in 5 seasons.

Plus he has all of 2 weeks to learn a brand new offense.

Good luck to Minnesota, they'll need it.

1 minute ago, faba said:

vikings wanted an experienced QB they think they can compete this year for division and title- still sacrificing first rounder and another is a lot to give up

And Sam Bradford is that QB based on what exactly?

Not based on anything he has accomplished in his 5 yr NFL career that's for certain.

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Bradford is a better Qb than that. He's not a game manager he's pretty much a franchise Qb. He had a good year with Philly in 2015. 

Based on what?

How many playoff games has he won??

I'll answer that for you - ZERO in 5 seasons.

Bradford is not remotely close to being a franchise QB on any level - other then where he was drafted.

Why do you think he is on his 3rd team in 5 seasons?

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

Based on what?

How many playoff games has he won??

I'll answer that for you - ZERO in 5 seasons.

Bradford is not remotely close to being a franchise QB on any level other then where he was drafted.

OK, franchise Qb, he's on the border line. Look there were plenty of franchise Qbs who did not make the playoffs last season. It's not the only way you evaluate a Qb. We disagree: I think Bradford is a good Qb, he's better than Fitz who I'm a big fan of. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

OK, franchise Qb, he's on the border line. Look there were plenty of franchise Qbs who did not make the playoffs last season.

Bradford hasn't done it in the 5 seasons he has been in the league and he is injury prone.

Bradford hasn't even had a season with double digit wins as a starter.

He is not remotely close to being a franchise QB in any sense of the term.

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Bradford's 40.5 QBR is 4th-worst (min. 30 starts) since he entered the league in 2010. Only Gabbert, Henne and Sanchez have been worse.

I'll add to that Boozer, In 63 games as a starting QB Sam Bradford's record is 25 Wins 37 Losses 1 tie and he has never had a season with more then 7 wins.

Sure sounds like a franchise QB to me.......NOT.

Great example of why Macc & Bowles might go with 4 QBs. Just imagine being an Eagles fan right now. They have Chase Daniel & Wentz, lol. They just traded their season away for their future. Probably a very smart long term decision.

But that doesn't change the fact Eagles season ticket holders will be subjected to a horrible season. Mark it down, 3 worst teams in the NFL, Browns, 49ers & now the Eagles. 4-12 written all over them.

Ryan Mathews vs 11 in the box = One long azz season.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hint he has a beard 

I knew you were talking about Fitzpatrick.

My point is we didn't trade a 1st and a 4th round pick to get him and nobody here is under the illusion that Fitzpatrick is a franchise QB.

At least Fitz showed he can win 10 games in a season.

That's ALOT more then can be said about Sam Bradford.

I knew you were talking about Fitzpatrick.

My point is we didn't trade a 1st and a 4th round pick to get him and nobody here is under the illusion that Fitzpatrick is a franchise QB.

At least Fitz showed he can win 10 games in a season.

That's ALOT more then can be said about Sam Bradford.

Fitz won 10 games with the easiest schedule in the NFL and only beat 2 teams with winning records Bradford and Fitzpatrick 2 of the same. 

A 1st and a 4th is not a big deal to acquire a starting Qb. I don't remember a trade of this magnitude going down on cut down day. Now you have to wonder about Kap, the Cowboys and Mark Sanchez. It's possible Mark could end up with the 49ers. But he'll have to take a pay cut. He's going to be back down to lower backup money. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitz won 10 games with the easiest schedule in the NFL and only beat 2 teams with winning records Bradford and Fitzpatrick 2 of the same. 

And Bradford has never won more then 7 games in any season.

And again I'll ask you - did we trade a 1st and 4th round pick to acquire Fitzpatrick?

No we did not so your point is mute.

Personally, I hope this is the last season of Fitzpatrick, I'm really hoping that Petty continues his development.

I like what I have seen from Petty this pre-season.

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, I'm not a defender of Bradford but he was with the Rams most of his career. And he had a 6-2 record with Philly until he was injured in 2014.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

It means they want to win now and they gave up a lot. The draft picks are inconsequential vs wins and losses. They think they can win with Bradford. To me Bradford is a good NFL Qb. He might even be able to beat out Teddy next year and Bridgewater might not even be able to play next season. If Bridgewater comes back then they can trade Bradford and recover some of those draft picks. Esp if he has a good season since he signed a two year deal with Philly. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Bradford is a better Qb than that. He's not a game manager he's pretty much a franchise Qb. He had a good year with Philly in 2015. 

A couple of replies ago you said Bradford was "pretty much a franchise QB" that could go on to unseat Teddy Bridgewater!!!

It also does not change the fact that he has never had more then 7 wins in a season and the fact he has only played a full 16 games twice in 5 seasons is even more cause for concern.

Sorry, I'm calling B.S. now Rangers9

A couple of replies ago you said Bradford was a franchise QB!!!

I think he is borderline franchise Qb. He just has to stay on the field which he did in 2015 and had a good year. You can be a franchise Qb and your team doesn't make the playoffs. Like Stafford, Flacco, Cutler and a lot of other guys.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I think he is borderline franchise Qb. He just has to stay on the field which he did in 2015 and had a good year. You can be a franchise Qb and your team doesn't make the playoffs. Like Stafford, Flacco, Cutler and a lot of other guys.

I cannot believe how overpaid Flacco is.

Archived