Eagles trading Bradford to Vikes

AFJF

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The Vikings are reaching just as the NY Jets reached with Fitzpatrick and continue to do so. 

Did the Jets give up 1st and 4th round picks for Fitzpatrick?  Or was it a 6th?  I must have missed that.  Or... your post is just retarded.  

The phrase "just as" you use implies that these transactions are even remotely similar.  Newsflash:  They are not.  :rolleyes:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Very interesting. This kind of came out of nowhere. Look, he should be there starting Qb and ready to start. He was basically better than Goff in pre-season but the stories you heard was he was going to be no. 3 and wasn't ready yet to start. The Browns could be favorites in their game.

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

You think this was a good deal for Minnesota?? Really??

This will wind up costing their GM Rick Spielman his job.

Book it.

This was an absolute raping of Minnesota by the Eagles.

It's almost criminal for one organization to get victimized this badly by another.

Will it? How expensive it to buy a starting QB? 

Let's keep in mind before you throw your belly around -- WE the NY Jets just paid a guy with an 8-33 record vs winning teams (and a career back up) $12 million to lead us to...the playoffs? He wouldn't know. He's never been there. Would I have paid a 1st for Sam? ehh depends on the clubhouse mood.

Spielman's job may be tied to Sam taking the team to the playoffs... But not more than Macc's is to Hackenberg who he's all in on to a degree as well. As he should be IMO

49 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Here's my issue.

Bradford has not had a training camp with them.  Not one pre season game.  His learning curve is going to be severe.  Has he ever played with the Vikings OC?  I don't know, if he has, that will make things much easier for him, otherwise, he is in for a tough first half of the season.

Isn't the Vikings OC Norv Turner?

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc should have taken that deal if the Vikings offered it. 

I would have. Without a doubt. Oh wait that means Geno Friggin Smith would have been our starter. On the bright side the Jets would probably have had 2 picks in the top ten if they did that deal. Hell one of them might have been the #1 with Geno Friggin Smith as the starter!

For those that say why weren't the Jets able to trade Smith to the Vikes given what they paid to get Bradford (which was a LOT I agree)...

Bradford's stats are quite a bit better than Geno's, and before you say well, Geno played on some bad Jets teams, remember Bradford played on some pretty awful Rams teams too with horrific OL's.  His comp pct is like 60% with 78 TDs/52 INTs.

He ain't great by any stretch, but he is much better than Geno IMO.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

For those that say why weren't the Jets able to trade Smith to the Vikes given what they paid to get Bradford (which was a LOT I agree)...

Bradford's stats are quite a bit better than Geno's, and before you say well, Geno played on some bad Jets teams, remember Bradford played on some pretty awful Rams teams too with horrific OL's.  His comp pct is like 60% with 78 TDs/52 INTs.

He ain't great by any stretch, but he is much better than Geno IMO.

Agree 

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

That is absolutely insane.  As others have obviously stated, Bradford is worth nowhere near that much.  But even beyond that, even if the Vikings are inexplicably impressed by him, I guess to be willing to give that up, that would suggest there's actually some interest in him long term.  I have to imagine this shows the Vikings are very afraid that Bridgewater is completely finished.

This is exactly what I'm thinking.  To give up a first...nothing good must have come out on that knee...I don't think they would spend a first for a true one year rental. Poor f*cking Teddy man.

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It is... actually not a bad fit for Sam/ 

It wouldn't be remotely shocking to me to see him finally see the light in Minny. Sure as hell the most complete team he's ever been on and hands down the best coach he's ever been paired with in the pros.  No more excuses after this.

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This is exactly what I'm thinking.  To give up a first...nothing good must have come out on that knee...I don't think they would spend a first for a true one year rental. Poor f*cking Teddy man.

A dislocated knee, as his injury was described, means tearing not only the ACL, but usually also the MCL and possibly the LCL too; then you need to be concerned about nerve injury also.  I was glad to hear there was no vascular injury (at least in what we've read). That's what happened to Marcus Lattimore a few years back.

Now, Teddy ain't a RB, but I could easily see that injury taking more than a year to return from if he ever returns to form that is.  You can replace an ACL; but repairs to the medial and lateral ligaments take a long time to heal and rehab.

49 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Will it? How expensive it to buy a starting QB? 

Let's keep in mind before you throw your belly around -- WE the NY Jets just paid a guy with an 8-33 record vs winning teams (and a career back up) $12 million to lead us to...the playoffs? He wouldn't know. He's never been there. Would I have paid a 1st for Sam? ehh depends on the clubhouse mood.

Spielman's job may be tied to Sam taking the team to the playoffs... But not more than Macc's is to Hackenberg who he's all in on to a degree as well. As he should be IMO

First off slick, I don't have a belly - I work out 5 days a week, how about you?

Secondly I really don't understand why some Jets fans have this propensity to compare Ryan Fitzpatrick to Sam Bradford.

What we gave Fitzpatrick for a one year deal has nothing to do with the fact that Vikings traded away next years 1st round pick and a 2018 4th round pick on a QB who has won no more than 7 games in any season he has been a starter.

Then couple that with the fact that Bradford has played a full 16 game season exactly twice in his 5 years as a starter and he is now on his 3rd team in a 4 year time span and that trade looks even worse.

Not to mention that in 63 games as a starting QB, Sam Bradford's record is exactly 25 Wins 37 Losses 1 tie.

Yep, that sounds like a winning trade to me.

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

First off slick, I don't have a belly - I work out 5 days a week, how about you?

Secondly what we did with Fitzpatrick for a one year deal has nothing to do with the fact that Vikings traded away next years 1st round pick and a 2018 4th round pick on a QB who has won no more than 7 games in any season he has been a starter.

Then couple that with the fact that Bradford has played a full 16 game season exactly twice in his 5 years as a starter and he is now on his 3rd team in a 3 year time span and that trade looks even worse.

I work out 8 days a week. With 8 different women. Thanks clarifying what kind of shape you're in. And how many days week. Maybe next, we can talk creatine.

Blah blah blah. MIN had to open their wallet up to land a QB that Norv wanted to work with. It's eye brow raising, but nothing that will follow the team around me thinks. Teddy might be out 2 years.... and this is a league where teams pay in the excess of +$10 million for back ups to be their starters.

Anything else?  

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I work out 8 days a week. With 8 different women. Thanks clarifying what kind of shape you're in. And how many days week. Maybe next, we can talk creatine.

Blah blah blah. MIN had to open their wallet up to land a QB that Norv wanted to work with. It's eye brow raising, but nothing that will follow the team around me thinks. Teddy might be out 2 years.... and this is a league where teams pay in the excess of +$10 million for back ups to be their starters.

Anything else?  

8 days in a week huh?

That statement tells me all I need to know.

At least you managed to spell creatine right - bravo.

Minnesota was absolutely raped by the Eagles, period.

Granted Minnesota was desperate - but would you be willing to hang your future on Sam Bradford - Who on top of not being very good, now has to learn a new offense in 1 weeks time?

Now Rick Spielman has pinned his future on a QB to get him to the playoffs in Bradford, who has no more then 7 wins in any of his 5 seasons as a starter and has managed to stay on the field for a full 16 games exactly twice.

If Bradford stays true to form (which there is no reason to think otherwise), Spielman will be back commentating on ESPN next year, book it.

There's a reason Bradford is on his 3rd team in 4 years and it's because he is mediocre.

To think they got a 1st rounder and still held out for the 4th...I mean could you imagine Philly leaving the 1st on the table? 

It's one thing to get the 1st - which is awful...but the 4th is like a slap in the face.  

Will and should cost the GM his job.  Just getting to the playoffs isn't enough.  Anything but going to a championship game and this guy should lose his job.  Honestly one of the worst deals i've ever seen.

3 hours ago, KRL said:

With Bridgewater going down MIN was crazy desperate for a QB.  They come off an awful playoff loss

and are opening a new stadium.  They need to keep the excitement going and losing your QB didn't

help.  So they overpaid big time for a very average Bradford

This isn't going to excite anyone. It'll likely do the opposite.   I can't imagine any Viking fan is happy right now....

Anyone check the viking boards?

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

This was unexpected. But to me a good deal for Minny. They want to win now. And that was going to possibly be Mark's destination. 

I truly believe that this trade is in the same neighborhood of the Herschel Walker trade as CLEARLY one of the worst trades in NFL history. It is completely dumbfounding. Bradford is one of the worst QBs in the NFL, yet he is still clearly graded on his original draft grade because they cannot be watching this guy play.

Everyone knows I think strongly that Fitz is a complete and total JAG, however I would take Fitz over Bradford without even needing to think about it. 

A first and a fourth. It's a bad trade for just a fourth. But a first?

Only thing that could possibly make sense is if the Vikings lied and Bridgewater's injury is career threatening. Otherwise WOW, this is the dumbest trade in a very very very long time.

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I truly believe that this trade is in the same neighborhood of the Herschel Walker trade as CLEARLY one of the worst trades in NFL history. It is completely dumbfounding. Bradford is one of the worst QBs in the NFL, yet he is still clearly graded on his original draft grade because they cannot be watching this guy play.

Everyone knows I think strongly that Fitz is a complete and total JAG, however I would take Fitz over Bradford without even needing to think about it. 

A first and a fourth. It's a bad trade for just a fourth. But a first?

Only thing that could possibly make sense is if the Vikings lied and Bridgewater's injury is career threatening. Otherwise WOW, this is the dumbest trade in a very very very long time.

I reckon they're already assuming he'll be out more than just this year. Just the other day they said they weren't going to mortgage the future ... and today they give away next year's first rounder?

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

It means they want to win now and they gave up a lot. The draft picks are inconsequential vs wins and losses. They think they can win with Bradford. To me Bradford is a good NFL Qb. He might even be able to beat out Teddy next year and Bridgewater might not even be able to play next season. If Bridgewater comes back then they can trade Bradford and recover some of those draft picks. Esp if he has a good season since he signed a two year deal with Philly. 

Bradford....beat out the established franchise QB? You serious right now lol?  Yes they gave up a lot but he will restructure his contract and play behind Teddy next year. Thats the logical scenario.

Archived