Eagles trading Bradford to Vikes

AFJF

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can't remember a QB that has done less but keeps getting chances like Bradford gets.

Sanchez? Guess you could argue he's done more, but he's no sooner cut in Denver in favour of a second year guy who was a 7th round pick, and he's signed by Dallas.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bradford....beat out the established franchise QB? You serious right now lol?  Yes they gave up a lot but he will restructure his contract and play behind Teddy next year. Thats the logical scenario.

I think he makes a lot next year but there's a buy out for 4 mil. I doubt he's a backup and imo he's better than a healthy Teddy. 

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Sanchez? Guess you could argue he's done more, but he's no sooner cut in Denver in favour of a second year guy who was a 7th round pick, and he's signed by Dallas.

I would argue Sanchez has done more.  He won 4 road playoff games.

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Bradford....beat out the established franchise QB? You serious right now lol?  Yes they gave up a lot but he will restructure his contract and play behind Teddy next year. Thats the logical scenario.

Bridgewater is not an established franchise QB. He's a promising young player who just suffered a devastating knee injury, he might not even be ready for the beginning of next season

Just now, cant wait said:

Bridgewater is not an established franchise QB. He's a promising young player who just suffered a devastating knee injury, he might not even be ready for the beginning of next season

He'll be just fine by the start of next season. It isn't even week one of this season. He tore his ACL. Peterson came back and tore the league a new one. Bradford is a deep hope that the season isn't wasted because they are playoff contenders. Simple as that. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

He'll be just fine by the start of next season. It isn't even week one of this season. He tore his ACL. Peterson came back and tore the league a new one. Bradford is a deep hope that the season isn't wasted because they are playoff contenders. Simple as that. 

You really want to compare a freak like AD to a kid like bridgewater? A non-contact knee injury with a complete ACL tear and knee dislocation could very well take more than a year

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

Vikes are going for it all, they've got a SB caliber team and they know their window is closing soon. the first round pick doesn't sound so bad if it's in the 30's

Agreed.  An excellent defense, some young offensive talent and a Top 5 Running Back for whom the window will be closing in the next 2-3 years.  You have to strike when the opportunity is there.

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

You really want to compare a freak like AD to a kid like bridgewater? A non-contact knee injury with a complete ACL tear and knee dislocation could very well take more than a year

Based on what I read it was swift trainer intervention that saved his leg from potentially needing amputation ... that's not the sort of thing you just bounce back from. :-( 

Here's a bit from a quick Google search ...

Knee joint dislocation is the displacement of either or both lower leg bones (the shin bone [tibia] and/or the fibula) from their normal positions at the knee joint. This is an uncommon injury and usually is associated with majortrauma. The dislocation of these two bones of the lower leg represents a significant disruption of the knee's structure and can lead to amputation of the lower leg due to rupture of the popliteal artery if not given immediate emergency care.

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Based on what I read it was swift trainer intervention that saved his leg from potentially needing amputation ... that's not the sort of thing you just bounce back from. :-( 

I still don't understand how a well-trained, elite athlete can take a wrong step without anyone touching him that causes his leg to almost need to be amputated.

Need some consultation from Frank Moga, MD on this one.

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I still don't understand how a well-trained, elite athlete can take a wrong step without anyone touching him that causes his leg to almost need to be amputated.

There's a lot of pressure on the legs there if you land funny, if one support fails the whole structure crumbles. The worst I've seen was when the kid from louisville shattered his leg back in 2013kevin-ware-broken-leg-video.gif 

Lol. Maybe. Knee dislocations involve a lot more than a torn ACL. I posted about it earlier

This was a Marcus Lattimore type injury.

His ACL was probably partially torn, not unusual, and he just caught a spike just right to complete the ACL tear along with either/both of the MCL/LCL. When the knee dislocates, there is risk of tearing the popliteal artery as well as creating possible damage/injury to the peroneal nerve which would be devastating to a professional athlete and may take years to recover from. Knee dislocations are also associated with fractures in some instances.

ITT a bunch of people talking about Bradford who have obviously never watched him play. Wanna know Bradfords stats for 2015? 65% completion rating, 3725 yards, 19 tds to 14 ints. Also, here's the team that surrounded him showing off their talent. 

Dude obviously sucks though and was carried by his team.

His ACL was probably partially torn, not unusual, and he just caught a spike just right to complete the ACL tear along with either/both of the MCL/LCL. When the knee dislocates, there is risk of tearing the popliteal artery as well as creating possible damage/injury to the peroneal nerve which would be devastating to a professional athlete and may take years to recover from. Knee dislocations are also associated with fractures in some instances.

I concur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, cant wait said:

Vikes are going for it all, they've got a SB caliber team and they know their window is closing soon. the first round pick doesn't sound so bad if it's in the 30's

Agree.  I love that they didn't just quit on their SB season aspirations and instead went for it even though realizing that they held none of the cards and were going to get ripped off in the deal.

2 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Agree.  I love that they didn't just quit on their SB season aspirations and instead went for it even though realizing that they held none of the cards and were going to get ripped off in the deal.

On surface, seems like a good deal for both teams.

Archived