I EAT CROW!!!

Gas2No99

On Sweet Dee Miliner:

On August 12, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Gas2No99 said:

Agreed. 

He was there on both occasions and, while I don't accept it as an excuse, not having played in nearly 2 years WILL make you rusty. 

Many have already written off the guy, but I think he can STILL develop into a SOLID CB as long as - say it with me now - HE STAYS HEALTHY. For a depth CB - at this point in time - he MORE than fits the bill. He should be stealing the #2 CB, but we'll see how he, as the season itself, shall progress. 

On Jace Amaro:

On August 12, 2016 at 11:08 PM, Gas2No99 said:

Amaro FINALLY had the lights turn on and he's going to be a LEGIT THREAT to score MANY TDs in 2016. All the doubters and haters will eventually realize that #88 will KILL opposing defenses down the seam and/or turning up the sideline once they toss it to him on an OutRoute in the Flat. Gailey isn't as THICK-HEADED as some of the posters here and will definitely utilize Amaro for the MULTIPLE mismatches he will create on the field for opposing defenses. 

Mark it. 

So as it is JUST and PROPER for ANY RESPECTABLE MAN of CHARACTER to do: I RETRACT my foolish banter and REPENT for what I stupidly believed. 

eatcrow-500x436.gif

1.gif

The talent was there with both guys, but the Jets have just lost patience.  For Amaro it was consistency and some little things he just couldn't seem to prove like toughness, consistent hands, etc.  For Milliner it was both health and proving that he was ever going to be more than a guy with elite "potential" but looked like a CB6 when actually playing.

1 minute ago, slats said:

I'm very shocked that they cut Milliner only because his contract is fully guaranteed. I wonder if there's offset language in there should he get picked up by another team. Amaro did not surprise me. 

I found this:  http://www.jetnation.com/2013/07/29/dee-milliner-contract-breakdown-and-offset-issue-explained/#sthash.3cux9Six.dpbs

He does have an offset so they will save money if he signs.

I was a big supporter of Amaro - I loved the pick at the team....Still expected him to make the team...and still expected him to have a good year.  

Mac/Bowles never liked him....and he clearly did nothing to prove them wrong. 

I hope he finds the toughness and builds a career, he'll get picked up and given a shot somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I hope he finds the toughness and builds a career, he'll get picked up and given a shot somewhere else.

Amaro will definitely get another shot somewhere and I still think he could put up monster numbers in the right system - as long as he can stay on the field.

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I was a big supporter of Amaro - I loved the pick at the team....Still expected him to make the team...and still expected him to have a good year.  

Mac/Bowles never liked him....and he clearly did nothing to prove them wrong. 

These are my sentiments as well. I think the Jets gave up too early on him, but I wish him well as he will be picked up by someone. 

Millner, I  was never a big fan , but Bowles is a defensive coach and played DB I guess he felt Dee would never flourish.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

On Sweet Dee Miliner:

On Jace Amaro:

So as it is JUST and PROPER for ANY RESPECTABLE MAN of CHARACTER to do: I RETRACT my foolish banter and REPENT for what I stupidly believed. 

eatcrow-500x436.gif

1.gif

What are you trying to do steal my title of worst prognosticator  on Jet nation.    Those predictions were Raideraholic bad.

1 hour ago, The Troll said:

It was just a horrible pick. Don't trade the best corner in the league and then use the first of your two ones on another damn corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 100% - wish we were eating crow on that one but Dee was set up to fail the second Idzik turned in the card

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

IDzik is a result of Woody.  Woody needs to turn this team over to a guy like MAC.   

IM OK with another year or so of rebuilding but jeez H, I've been waiting 45 years. 

And Macc is the result of Woody.  He hired both of them.  And he did turn it over to each.  Macc looks like the real deal, while Idzik is a twit

2 hours ago, The Troll said:

It was just a horrible pick. Don't trade the best corner in the league and then use the first of your two ones on another damn corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent point which I, through all of his million and one injuries, totally forgot about-Milliner was specifically drafted as Revis' replacement after the trade.

Do I get props for saying Dee should have been cut last August?  And for calling Amaro a stonehanded knucklehead?

Or do I have to listen to more "you don't cut a talented, first round pick that  hasn't had enough of a chance to show what he can do" horse poo?

Players should EARN a roster spot.  Draft position is irrelevant after year two in the league.  If not injury related, after year one.

And that the Jets should have drafted Cooks over Pryor? Admittedly, Pryor is better than I thought... but Cooks still should have been the pick.

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Do I get props for saying Dee should have been cut last August?  And for calling Amaro a stonehanded knucklehead?

Or do I have to listen to more "you don't cut a talented, first round pick that  hasn't had enough of a chance to show what he can do" horse poo?

Players should EARN a roster spot.  Draft position is irrelevant after year two in the league.  If not injury related, after year one.

And that the Jets should have drafted Cooks over Pryor? Admittedly, Pryor is better than I thought... but Cooks still should have been the pick.

People create/post in a thread to own up to their incorrect thoughts/predictions about crappy players.  One guy shows up to pat himself on the back about those players being crappy.

lol

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

People create/post in a thread to own up to their incorrect thoughts/predictions about crappy players.  One guy shows up to pat himself on the back about those players being crappy.

lol

I was chastised for my opinions that they should have been cut last year.  Devin Smith is next on the list.   If he comes back this year and stinks it up again.  GTFO.

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I was chastised for my opinions that they should have been cut last year.  Devin Smith is next on the list.   If he comes back this year and stinks it up again.  GTFO.

Pretty much everyone wanted Milliner out, not really a stretch there and Amaro was never loved by this group apparently.  I definitely miss read the Amaro scenario. 

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Of course if Smith ends up being successful, you just have to let us know of any other successful player that was drafted later than him, as that apparently somehow still proves you right.  Something to look forward to.

Archived