Practice Squad Thread

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved Ochi coming out.  Actually sat across from him on my flight coming back from the combine.  I thought about asking him a few questions but figured he'd been through enough of that stuff over the previous few days.

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

I would imagine the Hack reference. I know I sighed. 

You guys think we'll keep all 4?

If another team picks him up...... they'd need to carry him all season as well.

The 2nd rd. selection  might be be the thing that prevents this... would make MacDaddy look foolish

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

CB Bryson Keeton and ex-Giants WR Myles White make seven guys on Jets' practice squad. Here's the rundown so far:

White has real good speed. 6'

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/white-says-packers-could-use-his-element-of-speed-at-receiver-5h9r4bm-206218191.html

• According to a source, the Jets are adding cornerback Bryson Keeton, whom they cut Saturday, to their practice squad. The source said the Jets are also adding former Giants wide receiver Myles White to their practice squad. That makes seven guys on the Jets' practice squad. 

• Practice squad member No. 5 (out of 10 possible) is offensive guard Craig Watts, released Saturday by the Jets, a league source confirmed (first reported by Wilson). 

• The Jets re-signed outside linebacker Freddie Bishop, a CFL pickup, to their practice squad, according to National Football Post's Aaron Wilson. The Jets had cut Bishop on Saturday. 

• Two more practice squad guys for the Jets, bringing their total so far to three: safety Doug Middleton (undrafted rookie cut by Jets on Saturday) and outside linebacker Victor Ochi (according to multiple reports). Ochi went undrafted out of Stony Brook this year. He attended high school on Long Island. He was cut Saturday by the Ravens, his only previous NFL employer. 

• The Jets have added UDFA defensive end Claude Pelon to their practice squad, according to his agent. Pelon spent training camp with the Jets, but was cut during the 53-man roster trim. 

• The two players the Jets waived Saturday with injury designations (outside linebacker Trevor Reilly and cornerback Dee Milliner) unsurprisingly went unclaimed on waivers. So they will revert to the Jets' injured reserve. 

• Former Jets second-round draft pick Jace Amaro, a tight end, was claimed on waivers by the Titans, after the Jets released him Saturday. 

• The Jets claimed tight end Braedon Bowman (Jaguars), tight end Brian Parker (Chiefs), running back Troymaine Pope (Seahawks), and cornerback Darryl Roberts (Patriots), per multiple reports.  

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/09/jets_practice_squad_waivers_tracker_after_53-man_r.html

Look, who is a Qb that you'd be willing to lose and who would you be able to put on the 53 instead. I think most of us agree that we don't want to lose Petty. And there were reports that the Vikings were interested in him. As for Hack you have to really give him another year in the system. In one of those exhibition games he made good plays. Personally-I don't think he's going to have a good career. but it's too early to give up on him. And he could a year from now show the kind of progress we say this pre-season from Bryce. Look, it's not impossible that during the season if Petty is ok he could unseat Geno for no. 2 and we could still trade Geno. There will be more injuries to Qbs hopefully not to Fitz. Geno is a chip we can play with at least for now. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, who is a Qb that you'd be willing to lose and who would you be able to put on the 53 instead. I think most of us agree that we don't want to lose Petty. And there were reports that the Vikings were interested in him. As for Hack you have to really give him another year in the system. In one of those exhibition games he made good plays. Personally-I don't think he's going to have a good career. but it's too early to give up on him. And he could a year from now show the kind of progress we say this pre-season from Bryce. Look, it's not impossible that during the season if Petty is ok he could unseat Geno for no. 2 and we could still trade Geno. There will be more injuries to Qbs hopefully not to Fitz. Geno is a chip we can play with at least for now. 

We still have the option to put Petty on IR for the shoulder injury.  If we do it after 4PM today, he would be eligible to return.  Guys IR'd before 4 today (Reilly & Milliner) are done for the season.

Archived