CrazyCarl40

Practice Squad Thread

Really like this kid's potential.  Was a beast at the Shrine Game.

• Upvote 1

Ochi was really impressive in i think the shrine bowl week, or was it senior bowl?  Anyway he was really good.

Really  glad no one claimed Pilon, he made some nice plays.

• Upvote 1

Loved Ochi coming out.  Actually sat across from him on my flight coming back from the combine.  I thought about asking him a few questions but figured he'd been through enough of that stuff over the previous few days.

I think Ochi had 3 sacks during the PS...surprised he got dumped.

32 minutes ago, Lith said:

Really like this kid's potential.  Was a beast at the Shrine Game.

Loved him at the Shrine game he was relentless off the edge

• Upvote 1

Glad Middleton and Bishop made it to the practice squad, would not surprise me to see both on the active roster by next season at the latest 

JAG with potential. Has played OK this PS..... we need to develop OLmen so might as well give him the yr. on practice squad and see how he progresses

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Jets' known/reported PS guys so far: Victor Ochi, Claude Pelon, Doug Middleton, Freddie Bishop, Craig Watts.

4 Defensive players and 1 Offensive.

Probably a TE, RB and maybe a WR (Ross ?) added later

Could we squeeze a QB on here perhaps? Hack?

**sigh**

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Jets' known/reported PS guys so far: Victor Ochi, Claude Pelon, Doug Middleton, Freddie Bishop, Craig Watts.

4 Defensive players and 1 Offensive.

Probably a TE, RB and maybe a WR (Ross ?) added later

Could we squeeze a QB on here perhaps? Hack?

What

Claude Pelon was another very solid contrubutor all preseason ...him and Thomas looked like players on the DL

Very glad Watts was signed to the P.S.

MIddleton & Watts were 2 guys I wanted to see back, glad they both made it.

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

I would imagine the Hack reference. I know I sighed. 

You guys think we'll keep all 4?

If another team picks him up...... they'd need to carry him all season as well.

The 2nd rd. selection  might be be the thing that prevents this... would make MacDaddy look foolish

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Shall I repeat my statement?

Do you really want to repeat that insanity?

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

What exactly was the **sigh** in regard to?

You still have to waive them and they could be claimed by another team. 

Just now, C Mart said:

You still have to waive them and they could be claimed by another team. 

See my comments above.

Would another team be willing to carry 4 QB's all season?

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

See my comments above.

Would another team be willing to carry 4 QB's all season?

Why take the chance?  They could waive a QB off their 53 if they like them more. 

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

CB Bryson Keeton and ex-Giants WR Myles White make seven guys on Jets' practice squad. Here's the rundown so far:

White has real good speed. 6'

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/white-says-packers-could-use-his-element-of-speed-at-receiver-5h9r4bm-206218191.html

• According to a source, the Jets are adding cornerback Bryson Keeton, whom they cut Saturday, to their practice squad. The source said the Jets are also adding former Giants wide receiver Myles White to their practice squad. That makes seven guys on the Jets' practice squad. 

• Practice squad member No. 5 (out of 10 possible) is offensive guard Craig Watts, released Saturday by the Jets, a league source confirmed (first reported by Wilson). 

• The Jets re-signed outside linebacker Freddie Bishop, a CFL pickup, to their practice squad, according to National Football Post's Aaron Wilson. The Jets had cut Bishop on Saturday. 

• Two more practice squad guys for the Jets, bringing their total so far to three: safety Doug Middleton (undrafted rookie cut by Jets on Saturday) and outside linebacker Victor Ochi (according to multiple reports). Ochi went undrafted out of Stony Brook this year. He attended high school on Long Island. He was cut Saturday by the Ravens, his only previous NFL employer. 

• The Jets have added UDFA defensive end Claude Pelon to their practice squad, according to his agent. Pelon spent training camp with the Jets, but was cut during the 53-man roster trim. 

• The two players the Jets waived Saturday with injury designations (outside linebacker Trevor Reilly and cornerback Dee Milliner) unsurprisingly went unclaimed on waivers. So they will revert to the Jets' injured reserve. 

• Former Jets second-round draft pick Jace Amaro, a tight end, was claimed on waivers by the Titans, after the Jets released him Saturday. 

• The Jets claimed tight end Braedon Bowman (Jaguars), tight end Brian Parker (Chiefs), running back Troymaine Pope (Seahawks), and cornerback Darryl Roberts (Patriots), per multiple reports.  

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/09/jets_practice_squad_waivers_tracker_after_53-man_r.html

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Keeton was getting rave reviews from some observers.  Another small school find with potential 

Was part of the 22 try outs. 

Look, who is a Qb that you'd be willing to lose and who would you be able to put on the 53 instead. I think most of us agree that we don't want to lose Petty. And there were reports that the Vikings were interested in him. As for Hack you have to really give him another year in the system. In one of those exhibition games he made good plays. Personally-I don't think he's going to have a good career. but it's too early to give up on him. And he could a year from now show the kind of progress we say this pre-season from Bryce. Look, it's not impossible that during the season if Petty is ok he could unseat Geno for no. 2 and we could still trade Geno. There will be more injuries to Qbs hopefully not to Fitz. Geno is a chip we can play with at least for now. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, who is a Qb that you'd be willing to lose and who would you be able to put on the 53 instead. I think most of us agree that we don't want to lose Petty. And there were reports that the Vikings were interested in him. As for Hack you have to really give him another year in the system. In one of those exhibition games he made good plays. Personally-I don't think he's going to have a good career. but it's too early to give up on him. And he could a year from now show the kind of progress we say this pre-season from Bryce. Look, it's not impossible that during the season if Petty is ok he could unseat Geno for no. 2 and we could still trade Geno. There will be more injuries to Qbs hopefully not to Fitz. Geno is a chip we can play with at least for now. 

We still have the option to put Petty on IR for the shoulder injury.  If we do it after 4PM today, he would be eligible to return.  Guys IR'd before 4 today (Reilly & Milliner) are done for the season.