Brady / Edelman quote ... too easy!

jamesr

Tired of this already.

At best, the Patriots go 0-4 which means that Houston, Miami, and Buffalo all get gimmie wins hurting our chances of a wildcard.

At worst, the Patriots go 4-0 and don't miss a beat on their way to another division title and an AFC Championship Game.

There's no justice here for Jets fans either way, time for this gloating-over-nothing to stop.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Tired of this already.

At best, the Patriots go 0-4 which means that Houston, Miami, and Buffalo all get gimmie wins hurting our chances of a wildcard.

At worst, the Patriots go 4-0 and don't miss a beat on their way to another division title and an AFC Championship Game.

There's no justice here for Jets fans either way, time for this gloating-over-nothing to stop.

SAR I

At best Cindy comes in and doesn't make it through the first game as many people do after missing the beginning of the season. Especially the elderly.

Did you see her against the Giants 2nd, and 3rd string on Thursday? Not very pretty anymore...except those hair extensions are nice.  

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Tired of this already.

SAR I

So if they go 0-4 you're pissed and if they go 4-0 you're passed and if we go 0-2 the seasons over.

theres too little room to fell good for some.  Enjoy the friggen season already. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So if they go 0-4 you're pissed and if they go 4-0 you're passed and if we go 0-2 the seasons over.

theres too little room to fell good for some.  Enjoy the friggen season already. 

Two separate conversations.

Brady's suspension is immaterial to the Jets in a positive way, is very material to the Jets in a negative way.  If the Dolphins, Bills, and Texans get road wins against Garappolo it kills our wildcard chances.  If the Patriots go 4-0 or 3-1 it's what's best for us.

Brady is guilty and got suspended and that's cool.  But it is not a reason to rejoice; most likely we'll be kicking ourselves because the Bills or Texans are a game ahead of us in the wildcard race in December, we'll be wishing he was never suspended so he could have won those home games they otherwise lost.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Brady's suspension is immaterial to the Jets in a positive way, is very material to the Jets in a negative way.  If the Dolphins, Bills, and Texans get road wins against Garappolo it kills our wildcard chances.  If the Patriots go 4-0 or 3-1 it's what's best for us.

Brady is guilty and got suspended and that's cool.  But it is not a reason to rejoice; most likely we'll be kicking ourselves because the Bills or Texans are a game ahead of us in the wildcard race in December, we'll be wishing he was never suspended so he could have won those home games they otherwise lost.

SAR I

I just don't think the Bills, Dolphins. or Texans are getting anywhere near sniffing the wildcard, much less one win away. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I don't see why you think we should be afraid that out of division rival or a team that's trying to catch us picks up a win over the Pats.  I want to win the division, not be afraid that we could lose a tie break for a wild card with another team.  

Not two separate conversations, same mindset and as o said leaves too little room to enjoy the season.  

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

Tired of this already.

SAR I

If the Pats go 0-4 the LAST thing we should be thinking about is our chances at a wildcard. We better be looking at a division title. 

I don't think the Bills, Texans,ect will be able to hang in for the long haul. If they win against Jimmy G than who's to say they don't wind up dropping a few games they shouldn't drop? Rex is notorious for it and Houston doesn't have a 10 win squad. Pats going 1-3,0-4 is NOT a bad thing and SAR should stop trying to make it one. I get what you are saying but it's not like those teams aren't going to have they're share of blunders and losses too.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don't think the Bills, Texans,ect will be able to hang in for the long haul. If they win against Jimmy G than who's to say they don't wind up dropping a few games they shouldn't drop? Rex is notorious for it and Houston doesn't have a 10 win squad. Pats going 1-3,0-4 is NOT a bad thing and SAR should stop trying to make it one. I get what you see saying but it's not like those teams aren't going to have they're share of blunders and losses too.

Bills aren't winning more than 8 games. They may be a headache, but they aren't a viable threat. At this point, I have more confidence in Hue Jackson catching lightning in a bottle with the Browns, than I do Rex keeping sh*t together long enough to win the 10-11 games that'll be necessary for an AFC playoff berth.

25 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don't think the Bills, Texans,ect will be able to hang in for the long haul. If they win against Jimmy G than who's to say they don't wind up dropping a few games they shouldn't drop? Rex is notorious for it and Houston doesn't have a 10 win squad. Pats going 1-3,0-4 is NOT a bad thing and SAR should stop trying to make it one. I get what you see saying but it's not like those teams aren't going to have they're share of blunders and losses too.

57 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If the Pats go 0-4 the LAST thing we should be thinking about is our chances at a wildcard. We better be looking at a division title. 

The difference is the Pats can go 1-3 or 0-4 and still get to 11 wins with Brady, Gronk, and Bellichick whereas the Jets can't get to 10 if they don't open 2-0.

If the best we can hope for is a 3-3 open and the Pats will go at worst 4-2 we are already out of the division race-  unless of course if we sweep the Patriots (hahaha hohoho).

SAR I

On 9/4/2016 at 3:34 PM, jamesr said:

So the Patsies have put up a huge image of Cindy while he's suspended.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000695221/article/giant-image-of-tom-brady-goes-up-at-gillette-stadium

Edelman is quoted as saying  "Not going to lie, it's like one of your buddies going to jail," 

I guess they know that feeling pretty well!!!  :lololol:

Well, he would certainly know how that feels. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The difference is the Pats can go 1-3 or 0-4 and still get to 11 wins with Brady, Gronk, and Bellichick whereas the Jets can't get to 10 if they don't open 2-0.

If the best we can hope for is a 3-3 open and the Pats will go at worst 4-2 we are already out of the division race-  unless of course if we sweep the Patriots (hahaha hohoho).

SAR I

If the Patriots go 0-4 and the only thing the Jets as an organization is concerned about is trying to secure a wildcard spot then there's simply no need for me to root for this team. They dont even believe in themselves. 

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

from your lips!!! oh, unless we start our 0-2, then its on to hockey season...

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

If the Patriots go 0-4 and the only thing the Jets as an organization is concerned about is trying to secure a wildcard spot then there's simply no need for me to root for this team. They dont even believe in themselves. 

Please do not forget that we are in Year 2 of a rebuild from the 4-12 disaster John Idzik left of this roster.  Do not be fooled into thinking we were a 10 win team last year; with a legitimate schedule we'd have been 7-9 or 8-8, that's the base from which you judge this season.

This isn't a playoff year so we shouldn't be chasing it.  2016 is another step of rebuilding the roster and validating young talent, whether we finish 7-9 or 9-7 is of no consequence, not like we can fluke our way to a Super Bowl with Ryan Fitzpatrick, a Swiss-cheese OL, injury-prone free agents, etc.  Maccagnan put together the best roster he could under our post-Idzik economy but it's far, far from playoff-caliber.  Hope for the best, expect nothing, keep the eye on 2018 when B&B are retired and the Jets are the AFC East team best-positioned to get the title.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Please do not forget that we are in Year 2 of a rebuild from the 4-12 disaster John Idzik left of this roster.  Do not be fooled into thinking we were a 10 win team last year; with a legitimate schedule we'd have been 7-9 or 8-8, that's the base from which you judge this season.

This isn't a playoff year so we shouldn't be chasing it.  2016 is another step of rebuilding the roster and validating young talent, whether we finish 7-9 or 9-7 is of no consequence, not like we can fluke our way to a Super Bowl with Ryan Fitzpatrick, a Swiss-cheese OL, injury-prone free agents, etc.  Maccagnan put together the best roster he could under our post-Idzik economy but it's far, far from playoff-caliber.  Hope for the best, expect nothing, keep the eye on 2018 when B&B are retired and the Jets are the AFC East team best-positioned to get the title.

SAR I

Dude, if the patriots go 0-4 I don't care what the excuse is, if we or another team don't win this division it will be an outright and total failure. I perfectly understand what you're saying, but if the Pats go 0-4 and still win the division it will be a disgrace. 

59 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, if the patriots go 0-4 I don't care what the excuse is, if we or another team don't win this division it will be an outright and total failure. I perfectly understand what you're saying, but if the Pats go 0-4 and still win the division it will be a disgrace. 

Well, it's looking like a disgrace.  If the Pats are 0-4 and need 10 wins to take the division, if anyone can put up a run of 10-2 it's Tom Brady.  He did it last year, 2014, 2012, 2011, and a few more times.

SAR I

Archived