Troymaine Pope

Babolat

You all will love this guy, if you haven't seen his videos, watch, they are true.

The guy has instant acceleration and hits the holes hard, either passing or hitting defenders.  For the life of me, I can't figure out why he was cut in favor of Prosaise, or Collins who were no comparison.  My guess is they thought they could sneak him onto the PS.  It could be too, that he's a Thomas Rawls clone and, well we already have Rawls.  I'm betting he'll be your starting RB sooner than later.

Good luck with him, he's electric and exciting.

He's 5-8 and 205. Not super fast but quick. He ran a 4.5. I always wanted a Sproles type or a guy like Oliver on San Diego on the Jets. We haven't had someone like that since Leon. I'm very excited to see what this guy can do and hope he gets a chance to play. 

1 hour ago, Babolat said:

A lot of us compare him to Sproles or Forsett

My first thought of (Holy Dave Meggett Batman) was similar ... Just a touch more old school.

how are his hands catching 3rd & short dump offs into the flat?

Seahawks message boards are borderline apoplectic over this cut. Consensus seems to be the team hoped they could quietly park him in practice squad. Jets are due to capitalise on someone else's mistake for once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's can return kickoff's, not sure about Punts.

Not sure about his blocking or receiving.

All I know is that I"m hoping you guys send him to the PS and we can pick him up because he was our best RB during ex games.  Not against 1st stringers, but, the thing is, he has 1st string speed, had multiple speeds, can cut, hit the hole, hit the right holes.  I think it was political that we kept Collins, who was slow..way slow.

oh, the guy plays with a chip on his shoulder, he's pissed he wasn't drafted.  there are some great and touching stories on him if you look  it up.

The Case For Troymaine Pope:

After the Jacksonville State product’s 86-yard performance against Minnesota, Seahawks RB Troymaine Pope became the darling of Seahawks

Some people even called for the 5’10 Pope to make the 53 man roster. His quickness, elusiveness and burst separate Pope from Collins, who is more of a bruising back. Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll had encouraging words to say about Pope and positive performance:

“I’m not surprised, “I really thought we saw some stuff in practice that showed us the special quickness that he has. He’s very elusive. He has a good burst and a good sense. I went right back after watching him, and the kind of yards he made in high school — he had some huge years in high school, and he had a really big year his senior year in college. He’s made a lot of touchdowns and scored a lot of points. It was exciting to see a young guy come through like that.”

Initially, Kansas City signed Pope as an undrafted free agent out of FCS powerhouse Jacksonville State. After injuries to RB’s CJ Prosise and Zac Brooks, Seattle signed Pope purely to provide insurance and depth at the position.

Pope did much more than that, leading Seattle in rushing this preseason, despite his limited carries. However, Pope did run for 1,788 yards and 19 touchdowns for the Gamecocks last season, helping them reach the FCS title games last season.

As an UDFA with a daughter to support, Pope’s heart, perseverance and desire could be valuable to the roster. His main role would be to provide an electric spark in the run game. While this may be similar to Prosise and his skills, Pope’s preseason performance has been good enough to earn him a roster spot. In addition, Pope’s speed can be utilized as a backup returner, or maybe even as a gunner.

•  

The Seahawks penchant for keeping young upstart undrafted rookies with unique backgrounds and their willingness to cut bait with draft picks all work in Pope’s favor.

these late pickups have the potential to be good, especially for the offense. 

Pope instantly becomes the RB 3 and KR/PR

The two TE seem to fit what they want (one a big dude from Albany, the other went to the same school as Wes Saxton) 

Yeah I agree I always favoured using late round picks on small school guys that crushed weak competition versus guys who were medicore to above average against better talent. At least the ceiling of the small school guys is undefined and thus makes for a much better lotto ticket, especially when floor is same for all such late picks/UDFAs: out of league before week 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

He's 5-8 and 205. Not super fast but quick. He ran a 4.5. I always wanted a Sproles type or a guy like Oliver on San Diego on the Jets. We haven't had someone like that since Leon. I'm very excited to see what this guy can do and hope he gets a chance to play. 

If he's running 4.5 he's plenty fast. 40 yard dash speed does not always translate to the football field. In other words sometimes guys who run 4.5 play faster than guys who run 4.3 all depends on the player. So if he's extremely quick to go along with that 4.5 speed he's damn fast.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

If he's running 4.5 he's plenty fast. 40 yard dash speed does not always translate to the football field. In other words sometimes guys who run 4.5 play faster than guys who run 4.3 all depends on the player. So if he's extremely quick to go along with that 4.5 speed he's damn fast.

It's what one of the scouts said as well, his workout time was a lot slower than his actual game condition time. 

THere are some players, in any sport that are great practice players then not so much during game time and then there are those who's practice's for what ever reason suck but during game time, excel.. that would be Pope.

Archived