Ok lets turn attention to Jets- Bengals

faba

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, faba said:

Ok can we have some less sarcastic remarks and more things we have to do to beat them- i will start-we got killed by their receivers last time we played. Much better defensive backfield play is needed.

Get to the qb early and often.  Need at least 2 turnovers

Spread the ball around/prevent defense from keying on Brandon and Eric - Chan needs to call a diversified game to keep the Bengals D off-balance. Good special teams performance - punting and in return game. Losing the field position battle killed us last season; Defense putting their offense in 3rd and 5+ yardage situations which will enable more blitzes/pressure; Dalton will get his yards - important to hold Cinci to field goal attempts rather than TD's to close out drives; Lots of hits on Dalton - set the tone for the season by establishing a physical, hard hitting defense. Go Jets!!

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Must (I don't know how) protect Fitz and run the football. If I am Lewis, I am overloading our right side with blitzers on every down...

No worries.  Fitz will just beat them for a couple long gainers.  Make them respect the deep ball.  

Lol... seriously though:

1. Double AJ Green
  2. Let Revis shutdown whoever the #2 is (Lafell or Boyd?)
  3. Get at least 3 solid/accurate drives from Fitz.

And the Jets will be 1-0.

On Offense:

- Burfict is suspended

- Have to control Atkins & Dunlap on CIN DLine

- Have to attack CIN older "plodding" LB's (Dansby & Malaluga) with
screens and crossing patterns to Forte, Powell & Enunwa

- If the attack on CIN LB's is successful that will force them to
clog the middle of the field with their safeties.  Then we should 
be able to get good matchups outside with Marshall & Decker

On Defense:

- Eifert is out with an injury

- Stop the run

- Generate pressure with the DLine like we saw in the NYG game

- CIN lost a ton of WR talent in the off-season (Jones & Sanu) so we 
should put Revis on Green with occasional help from Gilchrist.  Force
Dalton to throw to unproven WR's

On Offense:

- Burfict is suspended

- Have to control Atkins & Dunlap on CIN DLine

- Have to attack CIN older "plodding" LB's (Dansby & Malaluga) with

screens and crossing patterns to Forte, Powell & Enunwa

- If the attack on CIN LB's is successful that will force them to

clog the middle of the field with their safeties.  Then we should 

be able to get good matchups outside with Marshall & Decker

On Defense:

- Eifert is out with an injury

- Stop the run

- Generate pressure with the DLine like we saw in the NYG game

- CIN lost a ton of WR talent in the off-season (Jones & Sanu) so we 

should put Revis on Green with occasional help from Gilchrist.  Force

Dalton to throw to unproven WR's

This is pretty much the blueprint in my head as well. Stop the run, pressure the QB, and focus on stopping green and Bernard in the passing game. Do that, and we should leave with a W

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, billybroome said:

I don't think so. We're deeper and better at almost every position. Cincy takes this game by a touchdown.

The Bengals are legit, Atkins is scary, but the jets defense going to be top 3 easy this year. Wilkerson next Williams is unblockable.  Revis has a chip on his shoulder and Pryor is coming into his prime. Jets haven't shown how they are going to use Lee yet, but he is a playmaker.

Offense will be sneaky productive with forte giving fitz a legit checkdown option and enunwa blossoming and threatening the middle. 

Special teams are greatly improved. 

The jets are a tough out and playing at home in the opener.

Jets roll

1 minute ago, billybroome said:

A.J. Green is going to take Revis to school. He's not close to the corner he used to be.

AJ's gonna get like 15 3yd receptions.  He's my WR2 in a PPR league.  

Who's my WR1 you ask?  Oh, that's Brandon Marshall.  He's gonna erupt for 11 catches, 130yds and 2 TDs.

Jets need to bring pressure on D and they will. No more vanilla defenses like we saw in preseason. Agressive blitz schemes and improved LB speed should make this doable. Offense needs to get a rhythm early. Chan needs to mix up the pass/run. Start out the game with Fitz getting the ball out quick and progress with play action. Forte should help with check down plays. Anyone know if Quincy will be ready 1st week?

Three keys.  

1) Protect Fitz.  Give him time to make good passes.

2) Generate more than a measly 2 yards/carry in the rushing game.

3) Do not give up first downs on third and long situations.

I think if we do these things well, we win, barring a big imbalance in turnovers and/or penalties.

24 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

AJ's gonna get like 15 3yd receptions.  He's my WR2 in a PPR league.  

Who's my WR1 you ask?  Oh, that's Brandon Marshall.  He's gonna erupt for 11 catches, 130yds and 2 TDs.

I've got Marshall on my fantasy team too. Solid guy.

2 minutes ago, billybroome said:

Actually I'm shooting for negative rep.

how about a wager ?

if the jets win, you have to post 50 sexy images of my favorite models/actresses in the 100,000 post thread

if the bengals win, you have to post 100

41 minutes ago, billybroome said:

A.J. Green is going to take Revis to school. He's not close to the corner he used to be.

Revis actually looks better than he was last season. He's healthier. He did get beaten (but not destroyed) by great young receivers last year but I think he's back to his old self. We'll find out. I think our D line will get to Dalton and force him into mistakes. And that guy we just talked about will make an impact play. He can out think any of those guys on your offense esp your Qb.  The question is can he physically keep up to them. I think we win 20-17. And that new kid from Seatlle makes a name for himself. No more factory work for him. 

This is off the top pf my head but the Jets seem to do well in home openers recently.  We also have had the bengals number as of late.

The bengals are going to have trouble scoring.  We do well against rushers like Hill.  Besides AJ Green, there is no receivers to be concerned about.

As long as we contain Gio Bernard, I see the Jets winning this relatively easily.

Jets 24

Bengals 13

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

No worries.  Fitz will just beat them for a couple long gainers.  Make them respect the deep ball.  

Lol... seriously though:

1. Double AJ Green
  2. Let Revis shutdown whoever the #2 is (Lafell or Boyd?)
  3. Get at least 3 solid/accurate drives from Fitz.

And the Jets will be 1-0.

Respectfully disagree with 1 & 2

Also respectfully do agree with the guys talking turnovers & special teams.

If we are ahead in the Turnover battle & have similar ST (except for 1 play) to what we've seen all preseason we win this game ... Dalton is not good enough to overcome this DL with Revis neutralizing Green & Eifert out

Archived