Ok lets turn attention to Jets- Bengals

faba

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Not from me.  Good st you here cousin Billy.  I hone stly have no idea what to think as far as wn lose.  But if I had one piece of enchanted duct tape to help my team win I would put it over the Online.  Not really worried about the defense as a whole.  Think the increase in speed this year will make up for any single position wilt.  But the O line against your defense giving me the eebie jeebies. 

I believe the Bengals are going to bring heavy pressure on Fitz. It's not like we havent seen him play.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Really? Not even close? 

Based on what exactly?  

It's a pretty accurate statement. There was a point in time when Revis was not only the best corner in the league but arguably the best overall player in the league. While he's still great, at this point he isn't even the best player on his own team. I'd say that falls under the not even close category.

31 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's a pretty accurate statement. There was a point in time when Revis was not only the best corner in the league but arguably the best overall player in the league. While he's still great, at this point he isn't even the best player on his own team. I'd say that falls under the not even close category.

'09 revis might be the best defensive performance by a CB ever

• tight end Tyler Eifert recovers from an ankle injury suffered in the Pro Bowl. Eifert is targeting the weeks 4-6 for his return.
  • Cincinnati's defense largely is intact.
  • preseason injuries which includes lineman Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher and special teams stalwart Cedric Peerman, 
  • Cornerback William Jackson III will have surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle suffered early in training camp. 
  • Marcus Hardison have been lost to injury. The defensive lineman was placed on injured reserve on Saturday
  • Linebacker Vontaze Burfict was placed on the suspended list on Saturday,

http://www.wptz.com/sports/nfl-season-preview-bengals-limp-into-opener-against-jets/41517464

24 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:
  • tight end Tyler Eifert recovers from an ankle injury suffered in the Pro Bowl. Eifert is targeting the weeks 4-6 for his return.
  • Cincinnati's defense largely is intact.
  • preseason injuries which includes lineman Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher and special teams stalwart Cedric Peerman, 
  • Cornerback William Jackson III will have surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle suffered early in training camp. 
  • Marcus Hardison have been lost to injury. The defensive lineman was placed on injured reserve on Saturday
  • Linebacker Vontaze Burfict was placed on the suspended list on Saturday,

http://www.wptz.com/sports/nfl-season-preview-bengals-limp-into-opener-against-jets/41517464

So we are healthier than them.....I think we pull this one off.  Tough game, tough team but I say we win this one. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Getting owned by Watkins and Hopkins in two of the most important game last year?

First of all we gave up 180 yards, total, as a team to the Bills.  Owned is harsh.  And he was injured.  Wrist and leg injuries.  No one who claims he was owned ever brings up that Watkins was owned in game 1? 

I'll take 13 out of the 15 games he played.  Tell me the long list of DBs in the NFL who don't have trouble with the elite WRs in th league.  But yet R

First of all we gave up 180 yards, total, to the Bills.  Owned is harsh.  And he was injured.  No one who claims he was owned ever brings up that Watkins was owned in game 1? 

I'll take 13 out of the 15 games he played where he dominated.  Tell me the long list of DBs in the NFL who don't have trouble with the elite WRs of the NFL from time to time.  Or the DBS who do a better job than Revis as consistently as Revis.  Revis still grades out near the top.  

One thing to say he isn't what he was in 09 another to say he was owned.  

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

No it's not.  He got beat by two of the best WRs in he game.  While he was injured.  That's it.  Other than those two games he was pretty damn good.  He still grades out as one if, It the best, and holds QBs to low QBRs when throwing his way.  While taking on each teams best.  

Sorry, he's not what he was but he's still damn good.  Sucks being spoiled. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

No it's not.  He got beat by two of the best WRs in he game.  While he was injured.  That's it.  Other than those two games he was pretty damn good.  He still grades out as one if, It the best, and holds QBs to low QBRs when throwing his way.  While taking on each teams best.  

Sorry, he's not what he was but he's still damn good.  Sucks being spoiled. 

I literally just said he's still great. 

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I literally just said he's still great. 

No, you literally agreed with the person I was responding to who said he's not even close to the best? Or am I missing it?  If not my bad.  Obviously he's not 09 Revis, as you said that was one for the ages.  But the poster said he can't cover their WRs anymore. 

And with that I still think he's our best defensive player, the biggest difference maker given he still shuts down half the field on a pretty consistent basis and his 1 on 1 abilities allows Bowles a lot of freedom with the other DBS. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Jets v. Bengals, eh?

Jets Defense gets exposed as vastly over-rated, and Bengals rout the Jets by 20+ points.

That feels about right.

20+ ? I don't think so. If this game is in Cincy, I would be very nervous. But at home, the Jets win this by 7+.

The Jets are going against an underperforming secondary riddled w/injuries. Can Cincy's pedestrian secondary contain the Jets' main offensive strength and quality depth: the WRs? I think not, so HC Lewis & crew will most likely throw the kitchen sink at us w/blitzes and overloaded fronts to pressure & FORCE Fitzpatrick into an INT or fumble. 

The O-line does a better job protecting the pass than they do establishing the run, and considering the RUN game had NO time to establish a "mojo" and rhythm with the penciled-in starters in the preseason, we MAY see a lot of 3 and outs if Fitz can't convert and the run game STILL hasn't gotten out of first gear. 

This is what concerns me, that our BREAD and BUTTER last year was a POWER run game which alleviated pressure off of #14 to carry the offense while keeping opposing defenses honest - see week 17 @ Buffalo to witness when this deficiency was exposed. We NO LONGER, at least according to preseason, have a strong run game and will most likely depend on Fitzpatrick and his quick reads EVEN MORE this season. Dunlap and Atkins are formidable barriers on Cincy's D-Line which, as stated by others already, will make it ALL THE HARDER for this weak run-game O-Line to set a tone & maintain drives. Cincy will overload to stop the run game and keep pressure on Fitz forcing him to be the catalyst for the offense - history has not shown brightly on #14 during these circumstances. 

Solution? Keep a TE in AT ALL times for blocking and use VARIOUS counters, sweeps, and misdirection play-actions to capitalize on Cincy's mediocre LB coverage & speed. This should hopefully buy a few extra seconds for either our MONSTER WRs to establish position against the CBs and our RBs to be in more space in the flat for one-on-one opportunities vs. LBs/Safties to gain yardage. 

Cincy Pass Game: Cincy is injured and only have A.Green as an offensive threat, IMO. LaFell is a JAG and Eifert is out w/Kroft nursing a leg injury. Advantage: NY Jets secondary. 

If our D-Line is still as porous against the Run game as a 14 year old's greasy forehead, we are in trouble. Hill and Bernard will EASILY wear out our defense if we play as we did vs. Jax and The REDSkins in August. That's where I can see Cincy eek out a win if we can't convert to maintain offensive drives and their run game gasses our defense. 

I'm confident these matters will be addressed and the Jets will emerge victorious: 24-10 NY JETS!!!!!

8 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

The Jets are going against an underperforming secondary riddled w/injuries. Can Cincy's pedestrian secondary contain the Jets' main offensive strength and quality depth: the WRs? I think not, so HC Lewis & crew will most likely throw the kitchen sink at us w/blitzes and overloaded fronts to pressure & FORCE Fitzpatrick into an INT or fumble. 

The O-line does a better job protecting the pass than they do establishing the run, and considering the RUN game had NO time to establish a "mojo" and rhythm with the penciled-in starters in the preseason, we MAY see a lot of 3 and outs if Fitz can't convert and the run game STILL hasn't gotten out of first gear. 

This is what concerns me, that our BREAD and BUTTER last year was a POWER run game which alleviated pressure off of #14 to carry the offense while keeping opposing defenses honest - see week 17 @ Buffalo to witness when this deficiency was exposed. We NO LONGER, at least according to preseason, have a strong run game and will most likely depend on Fitzpatrick and his quick reads EVEN MORE this season. Dunlap and Atkins are formidable barriers on Cincy's D-Line which, as stated by others already, will make it ALL THE HARDER for this weak run-game O-Line to set a tone & maintain drives. Cincy will overload to stop the run game and keep pressure on Fitz forcing him to be the catalyst for the offense - history has not shown brightly on #14 during these circumstances. 

Solution? Keep a TE in AT ALL times for blocking and use VARIOUS counters, sweeps, and misdirection play-actions to capitalize on Cincy's mediocre LB coverage & speed. This should hopefully buy a few extra seconds for either our MONSTER WRs to establish position against the CBs and our RBs to be in more space in the flat for one-on-one opportunities vs. LBs/Safties to gain yardage. 

Cincy Pass Game: Cincy is injured and only have A.Green as an offensive threat, IMO. LaFell is a JAG and Eifert is out w/Kroft nursing a leg injury. Advantage: NY Jets secondary. 

If our D-Line is still as porous against the Run game as a 14 year old's greasy forehead, we are in trouble. Hill and Bernard will EASILY wear out our defense if we play as we did vs. Jax and The REDSkins in August. That's where I can see Cincy eek out a win if we can't convert to maintain offensive drives and their run game gasses our defense. 

I'm confident these matters will be addressed and the Jets will emerge victorious: 24-10 NY JETS!!!!!

The Richardson suspension came against the right team. Cincy will try to establish the run game with Hill & Bernard. As they say, your running game goes on the road with you. So we won't be missing Richardson as much if we were playing the Pats for instance. We can get away with playing some big fatties inside on 1st down in this one.

My biggest fear is the LBs in the screen game that Cincy has, both Hill & Bernard are good in that respect. Our safety play will be HUGE to attack those screens & to not let them develop. Cincy Oline is big & tough, and let to the 2nd level so Mo & Leo have to wreak quick havoc. McClendons quickness & knowledge of this Oline could be a big factor in recognition & helping out the other Jets up front with calls. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

The Richardson suspension came against the right team. Cincy will try to establish the run game with Hill & Bernard. As they say, your running game goes on the road with you. So we won't be missing Richardson as much if we were playing the Pats for instance. We can get away with playing some big fatties inside on 1st down in this one.

My biggest fear is the LBs in the screen game that Cincy has, both Hill & Bernard are good in that respect. Our safety play will be HUGE to attack those screens & to not let them develop. Cincy Oline is big & tough, and let to the 2nd level so Mo & Leo have to wreak quick havoc. McClendons quickness & knowledge of this Oline could be a big factor in recognition & helping out the other Jets up front with calls. 

They are also outstanding at getting to the edge and turning the corner.  Even Hill, with his size...he can get outside and cut it up field.  My fear is the Jets dont have any experienced OLB's on this team and they're going to need to be able to hold contain vs. that offense because they will 100% be looking to take advantage.

The Bengals are breaking in basically a brand new WR core.  They'll be running it a lot and throwing a lot of screen/swing passes to those 2. 

This game will be won and lost in the trenches.  Who can stop who's running game.  Who can give who time to throw the ball. 

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

does anyone know how AJ Green is? he left his last preseason game dinged up.  is he slowed down at all?

Not sure on his health, but I did read that he and his wife are expecting and he said he would miss a game for his first child's birth. Lets hope for a healthy birth Sunday morning around 11AM.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/26/a-j-green-wont-play-if-his-baby-is-born-on-game-day/

Archived